• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

20230805_143127.jpg

Is freaking hot here in LA

It rained almost three quarters of an inch between five and eight Am. I met a buddy at the cabin this afternoon which is a thirty minutes South of here and there was almost three inches in the rain gauge. A few trees were down and lots of branches everywhere. It was either a strong Westerly wind or some down burst. Many of the corn fields in the area were laying flat. There was not any damage at the cabin. Just a lot of branches on the patio and yard.

A front moved through over night. It put on quite the light show but didn't drop much rain in my immediate area. The plus side of that front is it lowered both temperatures and humidity. Daily, for the past few weeks, it's been in the low 80's with 90+% humidity first thing in the mornings. It has yet to reach 70° with 70% humidity. Forecasted high for today is only 81°. That's more like it!

A front moved through over night. It put on quite the light show but didn't drop much rain in my immediate area. The plus side of that front is it lowered both temperatures and humidity. Daily, for the past few weeks, it's been in the low 80's with 90+% humidity first thing in the mornings. It has yet to reach 70° with 70% humidity. Forecasted high for today is only 81°. That's more like it!
does it normally rain this time of year for you guys?

does it normally rain this time of year for you guys?
No Sir. August we normally get one good rain from a wicked storm and that's about it. It's not like we are getting more rain than usual. The rains have been far more frequent, and with less rain, it falls at a lesser rate and is absorbed instead of running off.
The rivers, creeks, and ponds are all very low but the grass and crops are loving it. The river that my cabin is on still has running water. You would not get your knees wet walking across it and foliage is growing on much of the riverbed. It's typical of all the waterways here.

yeah july and august here in LA is always dry. especially since we were in a drought for what seem like a decade. not sure if we still considered to be in a drought after the rain we got in January and February which was historic.

we did get a few sprinkles here and there a few weeks ago though.

Last year, the lack of rain and hot weather not only made the grass go dormant but killed many trees. This year we are still very short on rainfall totals but as I said above, it's keeping the grass watered for the most part. I grabbed this from a news article on the net...
WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - Despite receiving brief rainfall Wednesday and some last week, Kansas is still plagued by drought conditions.

The low totals are the worst in almost a century.

The Talking weather heads are saying we will have our first cool front blow through today, supposed to bring some rain.

I will be so glad with this summer is over.

I really dislike the cold, but I am really tired of being soaking wet with sweat !

Back
Top Bottom