• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

If I was a reporter I would say, "Screw you, I'm not going out in that".

Watched a reporter on the beach in Carolina this morning saying, "The wind is really blowing and look at the waves behind me, they are monsters !"

The wind was not even blowing her hair and the waves were only breaking right on the sand and they were not even 1 foot tall ....

2fp

well here in LA, last night or early morning today, we got a deluge of rain. it was so loud it woke me up. now while tropical storm Hilary was constant rain all day. this rain was coming down much harder with very little wind.

well we have the rain here in LA. it is still raining...on and off so far. it is very humid with a temp of 71. so it feels gross. warm and sticky weather.....not very SoCal weather.
Sounds like typical summer GA weather (where I live now), except it'd be warmer. But when I lived in Orange County, my reaction would've been the same as yours is now.

It strikes me odd that the humidity has remained high here though we are short of rainfall. I live in the Extreme Drought area.

Drought & Dryness Categories​

% of KS
Abnormally Dry
D1 – Moderate Drought
D2 – Severe Drought
D3 – Extreme Drought
D4 – Exceptional Drought
Total Area in Drought (D1–D4)

Last week when I was in Tennessee the humidity was high and the temp was in the 80s in the evening. Had the air conditioner on in my trailer and the outside windows fogged up. I went outside and wiped the fog off the windows and it came right back.

As I cruise from lawn to lawn, I have my truck AC on max. My glasses fog up when I get out of the truck. It's usually gone by the time I drop the ramp and drive a mower off of the trailer. Once in a while I have to wait just a minute for the fog to clear. It's amazing the amount of humidity / steam that is still present while on a lawn. It's like mowing in a sauna.

Last week when I was in Tennessee the humidity was high and the temp was in the 80s in the evening. Had the air conditioner on in my trailer and the outside windows fogged up. I went outside and wiped the fog off the windows and it came right back.
LOL !

I had a tenant call one day about a problem with the a/c in his apartment. When I got there it was in the low 70's inside and I asked him what the problem was.

He shows me the slider glass door to the outside patio that had condensate built up on it and and says, "Something is wrong, whey is it doing that ??

Of course he was not from around here, and had no clue about cold glass and condensation, and I eventually told him if he want the water to go away to turn off the a/c unit !

He was unhappy with my diagnosis and reported me to the manager and then I had to explain science to her .... at least she "got it " !

laughinghard

A little thunderstorm came through over night. Being mostly deaf, I didn't hear it. I received less than a tenth of an inch here. The forecast is calling for cooler weather and chances for rain over the weekend and into next week. We so desperately need some serious rain, I hope the prediction is correct. Most of the yards are either burnt to a crisp or will be in another week. Even the irrigated lawns, though looking lush, show little growth in a week's time. Mature trees look sickly and some have died. An extreme drought has extreme consequences!

It has rained or should I say heavy misted here this morning. My station reports 0.04". This area is so desperately needing rain that we'll take what we get. And as I type I see it's now 0.05" I need inches not hundredths but oh well.

It's been cooler here since this past weekend. Temps getting into the high seventies and lows falling to the high fifties. Beautiful weather with a bit over a half inch of rain Monday. More rain please.

Back
Top Bottom