• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

Finally getting rain, it rained hard most of the day yesterday and is supposed to again today !

I can already see new green grass coming up out of the brown spots that is my yard.

aweather.png

It's a bit warmer here today, mid sixties when I got up. The high today is predicted to be in the high seventies just like yesterday. A chance of rain tomorrow is exciting but I doubt it materializes. I see that rain is in the forecast for a number of days next week. That would be nice, but I think if it truly rains, it will be too late to save the grass.

It was cool and cloudy all day. Late in the afternoon it finally rained. It was a nice gentle rain and my station shows only .22" That's better than nothing.. but not by much.

It cools off here as well. 39° is forecasted low for Saturday. I will have to switch from AC to heat to keep the wife happy. It is supposed to warm up again next week but no more 90's in the forecast.

It actually rained some here overnight. It is cooler today and has been drizzling since daylight. Just six tenths of an inch has fallen... a drop in the bucket in comparison of our dire need for moisture.

The first real cold front is moving through as we speak ! supposed to get down to the 50's .... Yeah babe, gonna git to ride the harley this weekend !

(It has been way to hot, when the asphalt is gooey at the red lights I take the truck with a/c !)

I've been in the extreme draught era of Kansas for the last three month. Couple that with the very arid year we had last year and it's been dangerously dry here. Yesterday it decided to rain here. Over an inch fell yesterday and an additional two inches have fallen today so far. A good friend lives a few miles East and a dozen miles North almost logged five inches today. I guess when it rains it pours.
More rain is in the forecast for tonight and into mid morning tomorrow. The area desperately needs the rain so I hope the forecast is solid.

Back
Top Bottom