• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your notification sound?

There was a post somewhere on this forum that explains the best way to organize your sounds and such.
What you do is create a folder named "media" on your sdcard if it isn't already there, then you create a folder within it called "audio", then within that folder you create three other folders, "alarms", "notifications" and "ringtones". If you do that, you'll find anything you've loaded into these folders in the default selection menus in the phones settings.

sdcard/music
sdcard/notifications (<---this is the one we're talking about)
sdcard/ringtones

Upvote 0
Google Voice -> Super Mario Brothers coin sound
Email -> Super Mario Brothers jump sound

Gmail app>options>more>settings>Select ringtone and chose a specific tone other than "default ringtone"
Or whatever email app(s) you use.

There was a post somewhere on this forum that explains the best way to organize your sounds and such.
What you do is create a folder named "media" on your sdcard if it isn't already there, then you create a folder within it called "audio", then within that folder you create three other folders, "alarms", "notifications" and "ringtones". If you do that, you'll find anything you've loaded into these folders in the default selection menus in the phones settings.
You don't have to specifically organize folders like this. The folders just need to be named properly.

Just curious... Why would anyone willingly choose to ever hear that THX sound? I thought that was as universally hated as Carrot Top.
Try looking up subjective preference sometime. Just because you dislike something doesn't mean that everyone does.

Upvote 0
There was a post somewhere on this forum that explains the best way to organiz
e your sounds and such.

Is there anyways to do this when you have no computer to rename the folders on the SD card. Like can you use astro file manager on your phone to create these folders. I remember on my Aria when I had it you could just assign text notifications just as easy as ringtones, but it seems on my EVO this is not the case. Being the bigger badder phone you would think that it would be that simple but I have noticed that this seems to be the case on all the upper tier Android phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones