• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When is Jelly Bean 4.1 Coming to the GNex?

Anyone care to guess how long before we see 4.1 on the Verizon "Nexus"?

I sometimes wonder if it's worth leaving my unlimited data and switch to a GSM Nexus to enjoy direct updates.

Anyone care to guess how long before we see 4.1 on the Verizon "Nexus"?

I sometimes wonder if it's worth leaving my unlimited data and switch to a GSM Nexus to enjoy direct updates.

My money is on never with verizon Gnex. If I didn't have the unlimited data I would have dropped them like a used J-hat already!

Bashing Verizon is fun but since when do they have a reputation of not getting out updates. They are not TIMELY, but they do send out updates. Shoot, the OG Incredible just got an update this week. Will be interesting to see how far behind they are on them.

For those who already have JB, can you tweak the Google search bar or change it back to just an outline? I don't like seeing a white bar across the top of the screen.

Well its transparent now in JB

Transparent yes but the inside of the box still has white shading. I was hoping to be able to make only a white outline with no fill inside the search box like pre-JB versions. I think it blends into the homescreen better. I'm picky :D

Don't wait for Verizon. Root that sucker! Like William T. Riker said, there's ROM's already with EVERYTHING WORKING.

I don't want to root my Vzw GNex. If I root it, I can't rent movies via the Play Store as the Play Movies become unavailable when rooted. Unless there a way to get Jelly Bean on my Next without rooting, I gotta wait.

Even the 4.0.4 in-call bluetooth issue?

I never had the issue in 4.0.4 so I couldn't tell you personally but Bluetooth audio definitely works fine in 4.1. Then again, I was rooted and going by the looks of it, Bluetooth was a stock issue.

Could someone running 4.1 please answer a quick question. Does it support groups? As in allow you to do anything with groups. 4.0 allows groups but they're completely pointless.

Bashing Verizon is fun but since when do they have a reputation of not getting out updates. They are not TIMELY, but they do send out updates. Shoot, the OG Incredible just got an update this week. Will be interesting to see how far behind they are on them.

Also wanna throw in that while Verizon took the longest to put 4.0.4 on their Nexus, the build on the VZW Nexus is in fact a newer build than the 4.0.4 that is on the GSM Nexus; a lot of people don't know that.

Yeah, still waiting to hear if JB fixes the mid-call muting bug...

According to the following link, it's still happening. I'm giving up and going to the RAZR Maxx...sigh. I'm going to escalate as far up as I can go as I also want a credit for the $100+ in accessories I've bought for the Nexus that I'll now have to purchase again.

Steve

Link...sorry!

Issue 24019 - android - Galaxy Nexus mutes mid-call - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

According to the following link, it's still happening. I'm giving up and going to the RAZR Maxx...sigh. I'm going to escalate as far up as I can go as I also want a credit for the $100+ in accessories I've bought for the Nexus that I'll now have to purchase again.

Steve

Link...sorry!

Issue 24019 - android - Galaxy Nexus mutes mid-call - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Let me know how it goes with the accessories. I've bought a few too and would love to return them or exchange them.

Steve

Link...sorry!

Good luck with the accessories. I am sure your contract is specific as to what they will do. They do require at least 1 if not 2 replacements before they usually move you to another phone and that assumes a problem they internally admit is a defect in the phone.

Absent of that, they usually will let you make a lateral move of phone (preowned) but there is little chance they pay for accessories you bought.

OK, so what's the easiest way to root the Nexus (VZW)? I am reading the How-To's and I hardly understand half of it. Seems like my locked bootloader Droid X was easier.

Back
Top Bottom