• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which one is the best JB ROM we have

I hesitate to single out one since they have different features, but the three most complete and stable JB ROM's being maintained at this point are mazda's AOKP, dastin's GANGNAM CM10, and cmb's PacMan. The last two are based on the same CM10 source and mazda's is based on AOKP source. My current ROM is mazda's AOKP but I've tested the other ones and they are very close.

The "lens_flare" 2.12.7 MIUI and PA 2.99 ROM's are also very stable and complete ROM's but the developer that published them has "retired" for now.

ramjet73

Reactions: Prinny
Upvote 0
I hesitate to single out one since they have different features, but the three most complete and stable JB ROM's being maintained at this point are mazda's AOKP, dastin's GANGNAM CM10, and cmb's PacMan. The last two are based on the same CM10 source and mazda's is based on AOKP source. My current ROM is mazda's AOKP but I've tested the other ones and they are very close.

The "lens_flare" 2.12.7 MIUI and PA 2.99 ROM's are also very stable and complete ROM's but the developer that published them has "retired" for now.

ramjet73

I miss flare and Paranoid development, was hoping that it was going to continue at Anthrax but not for now at least. :(
Have you communicated with him recently?

Upvote 0
I miss flare and Paranoid development, was hoping that it was going to continue at Anthrax but not for now at least. :(
Have you communicated with him recently?
After he got banned at Anthrax for asking for a phone (he was doing all his development without one and having others test) he said he was going to stop developing for a while. But I got a comment from him today via gtalk about the JB Sense ROM being worked on at XDA so I don't think it will be too long before we see him again. ;)

ramjet73

Reactions: OverByter
Upvote 0

ramjet73

Can you give me the link

Upvote 0

ramjet73

I did see mazda's AOKP the other day, but didn't delve into it. I'm not asking you to rate it above/below anyone else, but would like your honest opinion about it.

Upvote 0
Aokp has more features than paranoid android ROM though I'm sure if its faster or stabler than since I haven't used paranoid. The only problem I've had/have with aokp is that when I first flashed I didn't have any service, so I backed up, flashed back to midnight ROM v1.2 which I used to s-off, used data for while, then restore my backup, and I got service this time; now the problem I'm currently having is a couple glitches in camera/camcorder but only a couple other people have this issue too, might be hardware version specific. Then I get a occasional random reboot every once in a while, but I'm pretty sure thats just me. Since I never tried paranoid, paranoid may or may not be worse than aokp; but aokp for certain is a lot cooler than paranoid except that you can change how apps look(colors, opacity, etc.) to a greater extent on paranoid.

Upvote 0
I am trying Pacman ROM now. It's pretty good. One thing is bugging me. Does anybody know how to enable the 4G icon? I know 4G works, there just isn't an icon on the status bar.
None of the AOSP based JB ROM's for the Evo 3D/V have a 4G icon on the status bar yet. One developer said he will work on it for mazda's AOKP a few days ago but I haven't heard anything recently.

In the meantime you can use Power Toggles or Widgetsoid from the Play Store to add a 4G widget to your home screen(s) and/or the notifications pull-down screen.

ramjet73

Reactions: xkravenx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones