• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

which phone did you before the android craz.

all I had was nextel phones before my HTC Hero..

but I had bought the HTC TP2 for and the Hero for my sister..my sister didn't like the Hero, but I felt in love with the Hero..we switched phones..

after 3 months she started to hate the HTC TP2 ..she now loves her BB Curve...
 
My first was a Nextel i60c, then I got an i730, then an i580, and then I got a BB Curve 8330. I miss the ruggedness of the Motorolas and the keyboard and flash on the Curve.
 
I went from an LG Lotus {Purple} to a Samsung Moment
just shy of 1 month ago,
and thus began my 1st foray into the android/internet phone world. :D
How am I doing you'd say?
At this point I am still a very blonde very lost g'ma. :eek:
 
520171763
zack.jpg
 
since with sprint i've had
LG Rumor
Instinct
Palm Pre
and now
HTC Hero
soon to be
HTC EVO
 
1. The old Kyocera from Sprint. Candy bar, blue lit, tiny keys, screen always went out evenually.
2. Sanyo 4900. One-way SMS. Gosh!
3. Sanyo 8200. If only that hinge didn't break so easily.
4. LG Fusic. That FM transmitter was the bomb!
5. LG Muziq. FM transmitter. Great phone. The keypad on this phone was a T9 machine! I could text and drive WITHOUT looking! Don't try that with a touchscreen.
6. First Samsung Instinct. I'll never buy a Samsung phone again!
7. HTC Hero!!!! (Over the Moment, see #6)
 
For Sprint I had the Instinct S30. Thankfully the guy that set us up at Sprint was very nice, I only had to put up with the Instinct for 30 days until the Hero was released.
 
1998 Motorola StarTac, don't remember the model (Sprint)
2000 Motorola phone (Sprint) Agian, don't remember the model but it look like the 2 way pagers, I had both, thought I was balling
2002 Palm Treo 300 (Sprint)
2003 Palm Treo 600 (Verizon)
2005 Palm Treo 700p (Verizon)
2007 Palm Centro (Verizon)
2010 HTC Hero (Sprint)

I switched because I lost my Centro, called to get a replacement & when I got my new bill it said I owed them over $800. Turns out the person who found my phone made a bunch of calls to Africa. Verizon was not trying to help me out so I left.

Before that I was torn between the Pre, Pixi & was looking at the Eris. I wasn't sure if I would like a virtual keyboard & I didn't want to betray Palm being I've had a Palm product since 1999 but their ship has sailed.

So far I'm glad I made the switch. Great phone, service & I'm paying about $40 less than I was with Verizon.

That happened to my sister. She lost her phone on a Friday and thought she'd left it at work, so she didn't worry about it and went w/o a phone for that weekend. On Monday when she went back to work, she realized that her phone was not at work, so she called TMobile and they told her that someone used the phone over the weekend and that come made phone calls to Mexico, so the bill came up to $800 and because she didn't call to report that the phone was lost, she HAD to pay for that. Anyway, she called the police and they said that they couldn't do anything, because it's not considered a crime a loss under $1000 plus, it's not like who ever used her phone, grabbed the phone from her... She's still with TMobile though lol

Anyway, the phone I had before my Hero, was the HTC Diamond... and I loved it... Yeah, it was slow and sometimes it would lock up, but there are some programs to free memory and stuff like that. What I miss the most at this time about that phone, beside its size, is the restart/reboot button that I downloaded somewhere over the net, something that's not available for the Hero! =/
 
Helio Ocean 2 and before that a Helio Heat lmao....those two were a mistake and half but I do miss the keyboard on my ocean a little bit but I adore my Hero <3:D
 

Attachments

  • virgin-mobile-helio-ocean-2-unboxed-3.jpg
    virgin-mobile-helio-ocean-2-unboxed-3.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 90
Sprint Centro "Fair and Flex" Plan 200 mins + 300 text + unlimited data for $50 a month + 19% employee discount (I work for the great city of NY )

Like the hero but it is soo confusing, just got tethering to work.... kinda
 
is the restart/reboot button that I downloaded somewhere over the net, something that's not available for the Hero! =/

Have you looked at the app... quick boot
:-)

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
 
iPhone 3gs, unfortunately my not so great AT&T service got worse after a few months and made the phone unusable.

Before that I had an LG Voyager, crippled by the iron fist of verizon and their bloated UI shoved on it.

There are definitely things I like and things I don't after switching. No voice dial with bluetooth is absolutely ridiculous these days. Also I thought the phone kind of sucked before I flashed to a 2.1 rom. Android is an interesting platform, it just needs some better specs behind it and a little polish in the UI then I will be sold 100%.The phone is fine though, for me it is just a placeholder until the EVO comes out and so I could sell my iPhone before a new model came out.Sprint is fantastic though, better coverage for me, cheaper, and I get more.
 
I had a Samsung A900. Even though it pales in comparison to my Hero, it was a great little phone, it survived over 3 years. I even ran it over one time and it still worked, I doubt I could do that with any Android phone.
 
From what I can remember I had...cant remember the model numbers previous to these though.

Samsung A900
Sanyo M1
Motorola Q
HTC Touch
Blackberry Curve
Now the Hero...soon to be the Evo.
 
This is my first cell phone. Im 23 years old, never had any use for a cell phone. I have no friends really. However since i started my buisness i had to buy a phone so i picked this one.. It was the only one that looked good and felt like an Ipod touch or iphone.
 
I can't remember what it was called but it was this really old phone my sister had before she got a new one. I just had it because someone stole my pink Instinct from my work. Before the Instinct it was the Messenger ( i think it was that) with Cricket. and before that it was the i880,i870,i860... I literally switched phones once the new ones came out. Made my uncle spend a ton of money on my phones. My uncles spoil me because I am the only niece that lives within a 100 mile radius.
 
Everyone is soooo set on getting the evo. What is sooo great about this phone. Most places in the U.S. wont even have 4g capability. So other than getting 4g once its available, whats so great compared to the android phones that are out now?
 
Nokia 9300i, an awsome phone... I miss being able to fax directly from my phone; and OMG was that thing well built and bulletproof.
 
Back
Top Bottom