• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Who is ready to test some stuff? (SSM for CyanogenMod and other assorted goodies)

Koumajutsu

Android Expert
Got some stuff to put out there if people want to try some things:

First up, always make a backup.
Here's a new version of a tool to play with:
prevail_odin_packer_win_4.0.zip

Next we have a new Koumamod apk that provides some more versatility to SSM (most CTMOD users will have to manually remove the old apk to get this to install because Bloodawn likes to re-sign my apks rather than ask for a no icon verson from me):
Koumamod1_8.apk

And last, but certainly not least, I have some test versions of SSM for Cyanogenmod. No warranty expressed or implied. Use at your own risk. Consult a physician:
Prevail_CM7_koumamod_cwm.zip
and
Prevail_CM9_Koumamod_cwm.zip

(for those that care, these are Kato's CM7/9 kernels with a couple init.rc tweaks, koumamod apk, and sdparter. they leave darktremor's stuff in because my attemts to remove it so far have led to unexpected results, like the boot animation never going away, wee)

Lets see how they do

Will fire up my prevail when i get home... Have to look for my spare sdcard, but i will report back :)

Will get the my Prevail out in the morning and give it a try. I'm looking forward to it. :D

Thanks Kouma.

How do I remove the old koumamod apk in ctmod? I can't seem to find it. Thx in advance.

Never mind I'm an idiot in figured it out thx!

Kouma I am taking it that this particular zip file has to be installed via ODIN? What is the function/purpose of this zip? I asked also because my USB port is shot on my prevail. I cannot not charge or link mobile to pc via usb. I just logged on and stumbled across this good news concerning CM7.

Kouma I am taking it that this particular zip file has to be installed via ODIN? What is the function/purpose of this zip? I asked also because my USB port is shot on my prevail. I cannot not charge or link mobile to pc via usb. I just logged on and stumbled across this good news concerning CM7.

No, its not something to be installed using Odin. Its actually a utility you run in windows that will create an Odin flashable backup of your phone. It creates an Odin image as well as backing up your sdext. This way even if your recovery somehow gets borked you can restore this backup using downloading mode & odin

Kouma, I fought with this SOB because I am rusty when it comes to the Prevail and I've never used the sd parter with the SSM. After talking with LV and getting some things straightened out, it looks like it's working for CM7.

I downloaded Angry Birds Star Wars and my storage only dropped 5 mbs. The game is over 40 mbs. Not being familiar with the sd parter, I went in and formatted with ADB. Looks like a WIN to me. :D

Thanks for making the SSM for CM7 Kouma.:)

I appreciate all the help LV. :thumbup: ;)

EDIT:

I've tried the stock CM7 performance control and Voltage Control and it won't let me overclock it so I take it's not an OCed kernel. Are you gonna make an OC version of this in the future? Thx

I just noticed this is my 4500 post!!!:rock:

Hello I'm a former Prevail owner/flashaholic & I recently got a used prevail in great condition so I rooted using Odin etc. I'd love to help you!

I've tried the stock CM7 performance control and Voltage Control and it won't let me overclock it so I take it's not an OCed kernel. Are you gonna make an OC version of this in the future?

Odd, I thought I started with an OC kernel. l'll check the versions on the binaries I started with and see what happens if I swap them with ones I know are OC'd

Edit:
Using Voltage Control from the play store works just fine for me (though I sideloaded it from another phone)
I can concur that the frequency selection views do not work, but they didn't work before and are unrelated to anything I did

Odd, I thought I started with an OC kernel. l'll check the versions on the binaries I started with and see what happens if I swap them with ones I know are OC'd

Edit:
Using Voltage Control from the play store works just fine for me (though I sideloaded it from another phone)
I can concur that the frequency selection views do not work, but they didn't work before and are unrelated to anything I did

Yep. Voltage Control from Play wouldn't work or stock performance settings. Don't know why. I'll look into it.

make sure you didn't auto-deny voltage control from having SU permission

I'm good Kouma. I went ahead and installed CPU Master and it's working perfectly. Thanks again man. Haven't had much time to play with it but so far the phone is working just fine. :D

EDIT:

Just wanted to add that I've been playing with it for a few minutes now and it's running beautifully Kouma. I've got a lot of apks installed and my internal is still showing 101 mbs. Very nice to see your SSM working on CM7.

Didn't know who it was you are incognito! LOL!

hows it going, I have to say that I am pretty surprised that the Prevail forum is still pretty active. I hard bricked my Prevail, so I have not done any Prevail work since TWRP

I have been doing some work on the LG Motion, but I am so busy now with this new job I started, that I do not have much time to do dev work.

I do visit the Prevail forum from time to time to see what is happening

hows it going, I have to say that I am pretty surprised that the Prevail forum is still pretty active. I hard bricked my Prevail, so I have not done any Prevail work since TWRP

I have been doing some work on the LG Motion, but I am so busy now with this new job I started, that I do not have much time to do dev work.

I do visit the Prevail forum from time to time to see what is happening

Its going really well. Great to hear from you. A couple of us are trying to keep the prevail section running strong. Still a lot of activity like you said. I have been using CWM ever since TWRP broke my 3G. Had a backup phone and had boo switch over the account now afraid to try using TWRP again LOL! Maybe on everyday normal use would be fine but when theming and other testing it might just be too much. Maybe it was an isolated thing with me but CWM is been working fine. Good to hear from you again talk to you later.

Back
Top Bottom