• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who's Upgrading to the S3?

Do you plan on buying the S3?


  • Total voters
    69
I was going to go with the S3, but after I discovered that any phone that uses Sprint is basically unusable at my new job, I have changed direction. I will be going with a Nexus 4, and starting with T-mo initially. If it sucks< I still have the option of trying AT&T towers through AIO. One of those 2 HAS to work, and T-mo's map shows that where my office is in it's strongest coverage area.
 
I too have made the switch to the S3...and i LOVE it so far...

lol the only catch is, I actually switched to MetroPCS. They have 4G LTE here in Vegas....very very fast compared to VM..so for the time being I'm happy :)
 
I have a question about Metro PCS's extended home area. If you are traveling to say, Minneapolis, which is in the 'extended home area', do you have to pay the additional 19 cents a minute to make calls there?
 
I have a question about Metro PCS's extended home area. If you are traveling to say, Minneapolis, which is in the 'extended home area', do you have to pay the additional 19 cents a minute to make calls there?

I'm honestly not too sure. All I cared to look at was the coverage here, and the coverage in Cali., for when I travel. I will say, back when I had them, which was like three years ago, I would travel to small lil towns in Georgia(hometown), and it was the extended home area. No data really, but I could manage to send texts and make calls...and I didn't get charged anything....
 
Sure, I would love to upgrade.

It is just that the $400 price tag is too high. I'll take it for $150-200 :rolleyes:.


My Evo V is getting old but I'll try sticking to it for another year or two when that price falls. I have a whole jar of quarters that will maybe be enough for it but we will wait.
 
My plan on upgrading is the same ImaMurican. Except if I come in to enough money I would think about buying a Nexus5. The nexus devices don't drop in price or resell value like VM phones. Last fall I still had an Intercept until I literally found $160 to buy it.
 
I'm honestly not too sure. All I cared to look at was the coverage here, and the coverage in Cali., for when I travel. I will say, back when I had them, which was like three years ago, I would travel to small lil towns in Georgia(hometown), and it was the extended home area. No data really, but I could manage to send texts and make calls...and I didn't get charged anything....

Most of our travels are between SoCal (I live in OC) and Las Vegas. But I do take a trip once a year to Minneapolis, so having coverage there is important.
 
i will switch for sure when it gets cheaper ! no way now because the reason i have Virgin is to save money. if i keep buying expensive new phones it would just be the same as contract.
 
Two reasons why I'm not upgrading to VM's S3 right now: Dev support is still pretty weak and no LTE coverage in my area.

So I guess I'll stick with my EVO V for a little bit longer.
 
I'll eventually purchase the Galaxy S3 but for now I'm happy with my HTC 3VO V. Since HTC patched the "radio interference" issue and Virgin Mobile giving me a brand new HTC 3VO V in the box a month back I see no use to plunking down $400 on a S3. My 3VO V has been in two (2) tornadoes (storm chasing) capturing HD video and has even been exposed to electrical interference from lighting strikes (very close) screen goes white for a nanosecond. So hands down a very solid device. :)
 
I'll eventually purchase the Galaxy S3 but for now I'm happy with my HTC 3VO V. Since HTC patched the "radio interference" issue and Virgin Mobile giving me a brand new HTC 3VO V in the box a month back I see no use to plunking down $400 on a S3. My 3VO V has been in two (2) tornadoes (storm chasing) capturing HD video and has even been exposed to electrical interference from lighting strikes (very close) screen goes white for a nanosecond. So hands down a very solid device. :)
The camera on the S3 is a lot better, you could capture even better videos. :D
 
Well i picked up my s3 last night due to my evo's reliability circling the drain, and contrary to what the virgin/sprint maps say i do in fact have 4g even though according to the maps i shouldn't and i even got 16mbs download and like 9 upload earlier today so the switch to the s3 was very worth it and i will not look back. Oh and my stock s3 gets better battery life than my rooted and under clocked when off evo did
 
The S3 is on sale today (7/22/2013) only for $319.98! If you were on the fence, today is the day to pull the trigger.
 
I think I'm going to switch from the Evo V onto Boost Mobile and getting the Optimus F7 I think. I have a $50 coupon to get it for $250 and $25 off the first months service.
 
I just got the s3....



But for AT&T :D

I need to get a new micro sim card now and use it on T-mobile. It should be unlocked, if not I'll do it myself.
 
Back
Top Bottom