• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [WIP] [KERNEL] ZVE Overclock Kernel

travioso

Android Expert
Apr 9, 2011
Ocala, FL
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Thanks go out to LDrifta and PlayfulGod.. Basically this is LDrifta's Speed Unleashed kernel without the minfree tweaks ported to ZVE..

Thanks to fullbloodedmut for guinea pig'n it for me ;)

At the moment this is just a work in progress (should be completed soon).. First attempt at a kernel.. Seems stable and governors smartassv2 and smoothass included.. Overclockable to 1.9Ghz.. Should be safe but ya'll know the drill.. If anything messes up, not my fault ;) Just backup and flash through recovery and use something along the lines of SetCPU to change clock speed.. DO NOT CHOOSE SET ON BOOT UNTIL YOU KNOW THE PHONE CAN HANDLE THE SPEED!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/585998/MS910_ZVEocb3.zip

Ookay ive flashed the zve oc kernel, fone is booting up as we speak, thats a good thing lol, well as i was doing the setup the status bar foreclosure popped up and i hit ok, gone for now, so far wifi good, bars good, turn off wifi 3g pops up no 4g and it usually is where im at! Things seem to b lil faster, i nd to restore some apps n gt bk to ya, let me kno wat else you want me to do while I have the kernel on!
I just received a text, i hav wifi off so my 3g is on, i responded bk and it gv me the red x in the message, butit says sent but nt until 4g came up and my tex response was(np) so u hav my email or how ever you want to gt ahold of me but i have to set up some apps to try it out so any questions hit me up, ill leave it running for awhile, on used fresh charged batt to

Upvote 0
update as you stated the governors stay at max 1900mhz n min122mhz, as i watch the mhz goes up to 1804mnz,dwn to 122mhz,sumtimes it hits 652mhz , 122 mhz,as i opened rom toolbox the sliders didnt work,and i changed the gov to powersave,i just picked one and closed the app,reopened gov bk to ondemand but the sliders work now,they didnt earlier,but it seems to be doing great so far!!! im going to try the pg gov not sticking issue,i saw a thread on here about it,or havs he already tried?

Reactions: travioso
Upvote 0
update as you stated the governors stay at max 1900mhz n min122mhz, as i watch the mhz goes up to 1804mnz,dwn to 122mhz,sumtimes it hits 652mhz , 122 mhz,as i opened rom toolbox the sliders didnt work,and i changed the gov to powersave,i just picked one and closed the app,reopened gov bk to ondemand but the sliders work now,they didnt earlier,but it seems to be doing great so far!!! im going to try the pg gov not sticking issue,i saw a thread on here about it,or havs he already tried?

Good deal.. Thanks for guinea piggin.. Governor issue was an error on my end I believe.. Part of the find what works best together to rig this thing up :D Fried my brain a bit with dozens of tutorials lol.. Gonna give it another shot in a bit and hopefully have a better build up tonight.. 'Kinda' know what I'm doin now ;)

And no I haven't tried the gov fix by PG.. I forgot some important files on the build ;)

Upvote 0
well its still going,no issues yet ,ill see if i can find the pot by pg and gv it a shot,prob hav to be a lil later,ive gt a few other things todo,im gna hav to take notes from ya and atleast pick up some knowledge!! but jus gt in touch with anyway u can,since ,you did say u dnt hav data on your fone right? oh check ur pm i got a link for ya that might help with the kernel,k sending to u bout 5 mins let me know if you knew bout it or not,thanks

Upvote 0
well its still going,no issues yet ,ill see if i can find the pot by pg and gv it a shot,prob hav to be a lil later,ive gt a few other things todo,im gna hav to take notes from ya and atleast pick up some knowledge!! but jus gt in touch with anyway u can,since ,you did say u dnt hav data on your fone right? oh check ur pm i got a link for ya that might help with the kernel,k sending to u bout 5 mins let me know if you knew bout it or not,thanks

Yeah no service on the phone.. Didn't hear about that one, will check into it a little more later on.. Gonna dig out that post by PG too.. Thanks..

Upvote 0
So I've been following this thread. Am i right in assuming that this can be flashed in cwm?? And have you added the missing files that you noted in the early part of the thread?

Thank you very much for putting in the effort to extend the life of my beloved esteem... Lol

Yes.. Just flash as normal.. Missing files have been added :) Only thing I've noticed is the OC doesn't stick after reboot.. Otherwise its stable.. been runnin it on number 2 3 for about a week or so now with no issues and haven't heard anything bad from anyone.. prob about as stable as its gonna get..

Reactions: Trek950
Upvote 0
Reactions: Trek950
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones