• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [wip][rom][cm7][zvc] lg-ls855 marquee

I contribute this green stuff called money....when I find something worth contributing to I contribute quite well.
Where is there an argument anywhere in this conversation?
There is no argument. Nor is there any complaining.
Aside from theme work Monster tell me what ACTUAL work you are doing rom wise? Really I'm interested.

Really, dude? Monster, PlayfulGod, and Bloodawn work their asses off to get ROMs better than stock and you come in here flashing your money, thinking you're entitled to better ROMs. They appreciate donations but your money is "appreciation" for their work, not a payment for a job they must perform. As Monster stated, he's working on CM7 on the side but it's not ready for public release. You say you're not complaining but I see otherwise. You pretty much alienated yourself with all the devs here by call their ROMs inferior. Good going...

Upvote 0
Really, dude? Monster, PlayfulGod, and Bloodawn work their asses off to get ROMs better than stock and you come in here flashing your money, thinking you're entitled to better ROMs. They appreciate donations but your money is "appreciation" for their work, not a payment for a job they must perform. As Monster stated, he's working on CM7 on the side but it's not ready for public release. You say you're not complaining but I see otherwise. You pretty much alienated yourself with all the devs here by call their ROMs inferior. Good going...

The rooms are way better than factory as is your kernel ndno (great job btw), once cm7 is ready this phone will blaze dude. The other rooms are not inferior but neither do they unlock the phones true power. Anyways, I think some of these devs oughta make dome change out of this they deserve it.

Upvote 0
ive been trying to root my lg marquee lg855 for 2 days now no luck have tried about every program and i see in this thread that there has been some issues, good luck on this i would really like to try a rooted phone so i can make my phone a wireless hotspot. but im not to smart with this stuff so i will leave it to you guys i wish you guys the best of luck so i can live life easier with wireless hotspotting..right now im stuck with a tethed phone so i can still use internet on my laptop ... which clocks in at a high speed of 120kb a sec.... oh joy twice as fast as dial up fml.

Upvote 0
:( sometimes the internet is not a good thing. How does a thread about developing a custom ROM become an argument about whose work is worthwhile? Any work, especially work done for free and shared for free is worthwhile. Ndno made an over clock kernel, which was no easy feat, and he won't even put up a donate link. Thanks to anyone and everyone who has worked to make our android experience better, especially those sharing that work for FREE. You guys give me hope in humanity.

PS Donations are great, and I'm sure they are appreciated, but I don't think that's why most of us do this. We all want to get the most out of our devices and we share our work with the community that helps us and shares our love of having the freedom to do what we want with our phones. Am I right?

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
:( sometimes the internet is not a good thing. How does a thread about developing a custom ROM become an argument about whose work is worthwhile? Any work, especially work done for free and shared for free is worthwhile. Ndno made an over clock kernel, which was no easy feat, and he won't even put up a donate link. Thanks to anyone and everyone who has worked to make our android experience better, especially those sharing that work for FREE. You guys give me hope in humanity.

PS Donations are great, and I'm sure they are appreciated, but I don't think that's why most of us do this. We all want to get the most out of our devices and we share our work with the community that helps us and shares our love of having the freedom to do what we want with our phones. Am I right?

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I totally agree with you. I'm truly sorry and upset that comments I made, gave some doofus the feeling that he should argue with our awesome devs. These guys give us great product.. without them and their generosity this phone would still be stuck on stock...some people do need to realize that they are fortunate to receive such great mods to load on their respective phones. Also these devs can teach you quite alot. I am still a noob but they have inspired me to learn more about android, and because of that I have learn amazing things. So anyone who agrees with me SHOW OUR DEVS SOME LOVE.

Reactions: ndno
Upvote 0
I found something that should be useful to you guys. I was playing around with CM7 kernel to see if it gives a 3D graphics boost. To my surprise, it is not the kernel, but the ramdisk which gives the boost. Unfortunately, the CM7 ramdisk seems to cause a few other problems. My network is messed up and my MSL has changed. Also, there is a strange graphical glitch where a small black block appears in the middle of the screen, and the touchscreen becomes a little unresponsive. This might be the main problem with CM7.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok, we get it some guy said something foolish, love the devs blah blah etc. how about we move on cause from what I see they (including the troll) surely have and constantly shining light on a spat from days ago is just counter productive. That said, @craptorman you're now able to send and receive calls? And to the rest of the Devs I'm swapping hard drives and setting up a Linux based dev space via vm in virtual box so I'll be back with questions lol.

Upvote 0
When i try to build I get this error.
Code:
build/core/product_config.mk:189: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[vendor/cyanogen/products/cyanogen_LS855.mk]]: "vendor/cyanogen/products/cyanogen_LS855.mk" does not exist.  Stop.
Device LS855 not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).
Repository for LS855 not found in the CyanogenMod Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifest.xml.
build/core/product_config.mk:189: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[vendor/cyanogen/products/cyanogen_LS855.mk]]: "vendor/cyanogen/products/cyanogen_LS855.mk" does not exist.  Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cyanogen_LS855'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'

and when i try breakfast
Code:
including vendor/cyanogen/vendorsetup.sh
Device LS855 not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).
Repository for LS855 not found in the CyanogenMod Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifest.xml.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cyanogen_LS855'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?
Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Double check that you did not miss step 3 in the how-to in the first post.:D

Looks like I forgot a step. Create a file named "cyanogen_LS855.mk" in the "vendor/cyanogen/products/" folder with the lines below. That should get you past that error.

Code:
# Include GSM stuff
$(call inherit-product, vendor/cyanogen/products/gsm.mk)

# Inherit device configuration
$(call inherit-product, device/lge/LS855/LS855.mk)

# Inherit some common cyanogenmod stuff.
$(call inherit-product, vendor/cyanogen/products/common_full.mk)

#
# Setup device specific product configuration.
#
PRODUCT_NAME := cyanogen_LS855
PRODUCT_BRAND := lge
PRODUCT_DEVICE := LS855
PRODUCT_MODEL := LG-LS855
PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER := LGE
PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += PRODUCT_NAME=lge_bproj BUILD_ID=GRJ22 BUILD_FINGERPRINT="sprint/lge_bproj/LG855:2.3.4/GRJ22/ZVC.47a93468:user/release-keys" PRIVATE_BUILD_DESC="lge_bproj-user 2.3.4 GRJ22 ZVC.47a93468 release-keys"

# Release name and versioning
PRODUCT_RELEASE_NAME := LS855
PRODUCT_VERSION_DEVICE_SPECIFIC :=
-include vendor/cyanogen/products/common_versions.mk

#
# Copy prebuilt files
#
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES +=  \
    vendor/cyanogen/prebuilt/hdpi/media/bootanimation.zip:system/media/bootanimation.zip

# Add the Torch app
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += Torch

Upvote 0
I changed the name of the folder like you said in the last post. this is the output i get when i try to build:
Code:
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=2.3.7
TARGET_PRODUCT=cyanogen_LS855
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_SIMULATOR=false
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=GINGERBREAD
============================================

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=2.3.7
TARGET_PRODUCT=cyanogen_LS855
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_SIMULATOR=false
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=GINGERBREAD
awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `sdk/files/tools_source.properties' for reading (No such file or directory)
find: `out/target/common/docs/gen': No such file or directory
build/core/Makefile:32: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/LS855/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
build/core/base_rules.mk:474: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/LS855/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
build/core/Makefile:32: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/LS855/system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf'
build/core/base_rules.mk:474: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/LS855/system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf'
No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE LS855
Install: out/host/linux-x86/bin/mkbootfs
target Prebuilt:  (out/target/product/LS855/root/ueventd.rc)
target Prebuilt:  (out/target/product/LS855/root/init.goldfish.rc)
target Prebuilt:  (out/target/product/LS855/root/ueventd.goldfish.rc)
Install: out/host/linux-x86/bin/apriori
Install: out/host/linux-x86/bin/soslim
Notice file: system/core/adb/NOTICE -- out/target/product/LS855/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//root/sbin/adbd.txt
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/bootimages/ON_480x800_08fps_0000.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/init.rc
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/ueventd.lge.rc
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/battery_charging_01.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/battery_charging_02.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/battery_charging_03.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/battery_charging_04.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/battery_charging_05.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/battery_charging_06.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/battery_charging_trickle.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/battery_wait_01.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/battery_wait_02.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/black_bg.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/charger_background.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/dummy_battery.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/lockscreen_charge_ani_no_battery.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/chargerimages/logo_480x800.rle
Copy: out/target/product/LS855/root/sbin/chargerlogo
host C: libz <= external/zlib/compress.c
cat: system/core/adb/NOTICE: Input/output error
make: *** [out/target/product/LS855/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//root/sbin/adbd.txt] Error 1
make: *** Deleting file `out/target/product/LS855/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//root/sbin/adbd.txt'
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
virus@virus-MD2419U ~/android/system $
im not sure whats going on. this android thing is starting to frustrate the shit out of me lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones