• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [wip] what can be flashed through recovery

All right, just pulled apart the new pimp my ROM. Backed up and used the install command from inside PMR and factory resseted. >< so don't use the new install command. I'll test the flashable packages and see if they are good for release. :)

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I've got a couple questions here.

1. Do both of these serve the same purpose? (boosting volume and clarity)
  2. There aren't any attached packages attached to the OP, so what's this mean "use the attached packages from Pimp My Rom"? This link? Pimp-my-Rom_Walkman - Download - 4shared

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I've got a couple questions here.

1. Do both of these serve the same purpose? (boosting volume and clarity)
  2. There aren't any attached packages attached to the OP, so what's this mean "use the attached packages from Pimp My Rom"? This link? Pimp-my-Rom_Walkman - Download - 4shared

Xloud enhances the surround sound feel and increases volume on headphones, while awesome beats is a DSP styled audio manager.

The bravia engine is explained in the third post of this thread. ;)

Question about the walkman, before the link was revised there was a widget for it on the original link. Any idea if installing that works?

do not flash Bravia Engine, beats,etc from the new Pimp my rom update. It 'Flashes' it for you automatically, but it won't recognize the 2nd init recovery so it does a factory reset.

do not flash Bravia Engine, beats,etc from the new Pimp my rom update. It 'Flashes' it for you automatically, but it won't recognize the 2nd init recovery so it does a factory reset.
Wow, that sucks big time. Hoping to get something good, but instead losing all data. yikes. remember to make backups

Same thing happened to me with the sony xloud mod. I tried flashing it via cwm myself and pmr ended up having to factory reset both times. not sure why if it's worked for others. Maybe it's because I had other minor tweaks active? (PMR)

Okay, the PMR flash packages do not factory reset your phone. It is the PMR APP! There is absolutely nothing in the update-script about factory resetting or clearing any data at all.

If you use PMR to install the package it WILL lead to a reset. So for clarification reasons, I turned PMR into a zip and ripped the files directly from the app, these are 100% safe for anyone who knows how to use recovery.

(Edit) edited op with the basic flashing method, should have no issues whatsoever. By the chance that there are issues, send a pm.

I think we are missing a file for the personal dictionary, I'm looking for one as we speak.

4.2 camera does not work unless we have gyroscope.

S3 keyboard, I'll take a look. I've had bad experiences with s3 apps on this phone though..

The user dictionary isn't working and that really bugging me.
Is the anyway we can remove all files? I would remove the apk but I know they were more files flashed than that

The user dictionary isn't working and that really bugging me.
Is the anyway we can remove all files? I would remove the apk but I know they were more files flashed than that

I don't know why, but I just f*cked up my dictionary trying to forcibly force close it and nothing...the file missing has to do with the layout ability it seems. When you flashed did you format dalvik and data?

is there anyway we can get the samsung galaxy s3 keyboard on the motion i dont have a zip

Well I found a couple of flashables for the keyboard (not an easy task, it seems. Most people try and run from the s3 board as fast as possible). Sadly only one of them flashed correctly, it did nothing though. The keyboard isn't installed and now I'm suffering from visual fragmenting and launcher glitches. I'll work on the install script when I've got some free time.

Back
Top Bottom