• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo Mail App Not Showing Notifications?

Twisted4k

Lurker
I was swiping away notifications from my Yahoo Mail app on my HTC U11 phone and a message eventually appeared asking something along the lines of "we noticed you're swiping away notifications from this app, would you no longer like to receive them?" and I accidentally hit "yes". So now I no longer get notifications telling me I got emailed but I want them.

I went into the system and app settings and both of them say that the Yahoo Mail app is enabled to show notifications. But I never receive them anymore. I tried reinstalling the app but no luck. Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.

I was swiping away notifications from my Yahoo Mail app on my HTC U11 phone and a message eventually appeared asking something along the lines of "we noticed you're swiping away notifications from this app, would you no longer like to receive them?" and I accidentally hit "yes". So now I no longer get notifications telling me I got emailed but I want them.

I went into the system and app settings and both of them say that the Yahoo Mail app is enabled to show notifications. But I never receive them anymore. I tried reinstalling the app but no luck. Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.
check your permissions for yahoo. there should be an option to change it. i do not have your phone so i can't guide you there. but it should be on your phone's settings under apps and then under yahoo and finally under permissions

check your permissions for yahoo. there should be an option to change it. i do not have your phone so i can't guide you there. but it should be on your phone's settings under apps and then under yahoo and finally under permissions
I have everything turned on in the permissions tab for the app. Still no luck. Also tried resetting all the phone's app preferences and the app still won't show notifications.

I have everything turned on in the permissions tab for the app. Still no luck. Also tried resetting all the phone's app preferences and the app still won't show notifications.
uninstall and reinstall yahoo mail.......not sure what you can do after that, if that does not work.

uninstall and reinstall yahoo mail.......not sure what you can do after that, if that does not work.
Yeah I tried that, no luck. Again, I also tried resetting all the app preferences. I've looked around a bunch of other threads online and it seems no one else knows how to fix this.

Back
Top Bottom