• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Warp and ZTE Warp Sequent

Haha, I promise , you guys are not alone! You will see more active involvement in the forum.

Hi Joey Jia,

I have purchased the ZTE Warp Sequent, now heres the scoop, hopefully you can help. When I bought the phone, I charged the battery about 75% before I turned the phone on, after that I used the phone like I would normally use any phone. Also, I was upgrading to the sequent from the prevail, so it was fun to use. Whatever. About a month goes by and the battery is GREAT, but after that my battery was dying quicker each day; by researching about battery stats, I found out that an android phone may actually perceive "ones battery" to be more/or less charged than it actually is, so I believed this was happening with my phone. I did not attempt to reset battery stats. Instead I started putting my phone on to a regular charging cycle, which seemed to help it a little bit. Now I get a pretty good charge here and there.

Boom part II: My second question is, Why, after once again researching the warp sequent a bit, does it seem like my phone is running on HIGH memory, Ram specifically, Like messaging and having music on is way too much for my phone to handle at the same time? and Why does my audio glitch in any music player I've downloaded? I believe that the high memory usage causes the audio gaps, and that the high memory usage is the suspect of many recent crashes, reboots and lags.

And lastly, I wanted to ask, in retrospect, Does the loss of battery charge (to a certain degree, since I believe my android hasn't fully recovered from the confusion of charge) correlate with my more recent crashes/reboots? I figure that since there isn't as much charge, it would take less to overload on memory usage and crash my phone.

Sorry for the length of this, If there is anyway to fix my problem hit me up bro. for real. its pissing me off.

Regards

Upvote 0
One more thing I noticed about the Sequent is that when using the front facing camera in Skype, the app, No matter what you do, either you or the other person will be upside down. No amount of horizontal, or vertical aligning will do the trick to make you both right side up. There is a setting to toggle camera but it only goes from front to back cam.

Later

Upvote 0
Hello Joey......
MrBobo, you totally wrote what I wanted to write. My phone reboot's about 30 or MORE time's a day. So, are the people who have the WARP 1, just out of luck unless we root? Cause as bad as I want to, I DON'T know how to root. If I did, or if someone will help me thru it, I'll do it RIGHT NOW.
Please, someone help me.
John

Upvote 0
Ok heres the deal I have a zte warp sequent. I installed beats audio and it SCREWED my phone no dialer, no service the only thing I can get is wifi, I just did an update so I didnt bother doing a backup because I thought the update would still be able to be refered upon to use as a back up... Iv`e tried rooting again and doing the update through zteusa.com update tool, tried EVERYTHING but to no avail.. What i belive i need to do is get someone`s backed up rom and push it through using adb, the only problem is that I cannot find the rom online, and I even tried to do a custom rom thinking that I could force it to do the update but the custom rom wont take... Help a man out e-mail me a copy of your stock rom please or point me in the place where I can dl the stock rom to use with adb.... Iv`e even gone as far to call both zte and boost and they both say call the other one... Zte wants me to mail it to them...

Upvote 0
Please you visit our root forum for that, you're bound to find what you need. Recommend that you always make a nandroid backup before changing things.

http://androidforums.com/warp-sequent-all-things-root/

Please check the sticky guide there for links to rooting with Clockwork Mod recovery and a stock and one custom rom. You'll find other roms in the thread list.

I also advise that you remove your email address above by tapping edit in the lower right corner of your post. Otherwise you have a good chance to end up on someone's spam mailing list.

Upvote 0
i can say with certainty that roms from one wont work on the other, ive tried to help people that accidentally flashed warp roms on the warp sequent, ive seen people actually completely brick their phones that way, so just dont try it

I believe downthemachine managed to get the sequent ROM to boot on the og warp... Never did anything with it but it did boot... Screenshot laying around somewhere... The bricks were probably the result of people flashing using the wrong updater scripts and messing up the partitions... Regardless... Yeah... Flashing the others rom is still 100% pointless... No one get the wrong idea and try it... Both phones have semi functional jellybean ports in progress... No reason to take unnecessary risks and try something foolish

Upvote 0
I bought the Warp Sequent more out of desperation than anything. That's what happens when Sprint shuts off your phone because you owe over $400 but don't have the money to pay for it. :hmpf: Probably going to T-Mobile or Verizon after I get caught up. Pay way to much for Sprint compared to the services offered.

Anyways, till I get that straightened out I bought this instead. It's alright I guess, not quite on par with my old S2, probably closer to my old S which is still in use as a PDA of all things but decent enough. I bought an extended battery for it a while back, want to get my use out of the battery before I retire the old girl.

Read about some of the problems people are having so I rooted and went with the Awesome Android ROM. Took care of the screen lag and seems to operate faster and uses a bit less system memory. Seems to game alright, do experience hanging issues with extended play.

Battery life sucks bad. I think the fastest way to kill the battery is to try and download something off of the horribly abysmal Sprint 3g network. I mean seriously Sprint, you can only rent your towers out to so many other carriers before you encounter bandwidth issues such as we have today. Wifi is acceptable, never had any problems with that or GPS. It Skypes decent, video is blocky as expected on 3g. Bluetooth is very functional, haven't had any issues with pairing or people understanding me while talking on my earpiece.

All in all, if you have the know how it's a serviceable phone. Considering the price it's a decent enough of a phone. Just have to keep the damned thing plugged in all the time or in airplane mode when not in use.

Upvote 0
hola muchachos tengo un zte warp y el problema que tengo es que la pantalla de la noche a la manana se quedo parpadeando y se volvio loco y no se que hacer alguien me puede ayudar

welcome to AF!!!!!!

this is an english speaking site. you can use Google Translate to help you translate or communicate better on this site.

Upvote 0
am I the only one that noticed we.already have 4gb of internal memory on our original warp? :thinking:

I am a noob to root n smart some dumb - phones, i make night vision for military , i would any day talk s*** on another country's night vision lol... what we're talking about smartphones just because you work at a football stadium does it mean for u to root for that team???? Obviously the people at boost for trying their best so the best is what they can do and that's what you got accepted.

Upvote 0
hi, i have the zte warp sequent. ever since that update back in july my touchpal keyboard deletes by itself every time my phone restarts. help?

damn, wish i knew why but there are ways of forcing things like modifying the rom if youre brave enough. ask in the warp sequent section if you havent already im sure someone would be glad to help you out with it and sorry this response took so long this just isnt really where we go looking for people.needing help, i only saw it because im forced to use tapatalk and it feeds me updates on threads ive posted in

as far as the 4gb comment tho thats total im sure, thr sequent had 2.7 user storage, the rest is system stuff

Upvote 0
Yeah I actually I don't own a marqueI was just trying to put that person in place I'm new to the forms and I'm actually in the process of trying to root my phone. I had one person helping me and he didn't help very much didn't seem like much effort,was skinny legs are skinny body you're somebody. anyway maybe you could help check out my other threads I did with skinny said to do which was rezip the root file [android and put it in my original files it was [ ANDROID FILE ZIP]- OR ANDROID APP ZIP]... Anyways I put it back or made sure it was back in my system files file as a zipped folder never I number unzipped it to begin with.... anyways I went into recovery went to file that said Android apps zip well when I got to recovery I clicked on restore zip or file either one you know what I'm talking about lol and it didn't work I tried it 4 times and it just will not work so now in my files on on my phone have all kinds of files that were there before but I am not rooted cause I have .checked with root check. So I don't know what to do with all these ? Files I have Android zip file in there 5 times I have wifi super wifi I have the trash mod I have all that stuff but none of them can be open someone linked me the 1 click root. and I don't know but I don't think is correct and I want to start from scratch. she gonna hurt if I get rid of all those files or what how do I get rid of them there's a lot the last thing is after root you make sure you're backed up I want to make sure you're backed up you go back to root you go to and you select superuser on your phone not in not in boot motor safe mode restore correctand then you go what well you're on your phone if that done I get that done and I would be good too go

Upvote 0
Yeah I actually I don't own a marqueI was just trying to put that person in place I'm new to the forms and I'm actually in the process of trying to root my phone. I had one person helping me and he didn't help very much didn't seem like much effort,was skinny legs are skinny body you're somebody. anyway maybe you could help check out my other threads I did with skinny said to do which was rezip the root file [android and put it in my original files it was [ ANDROID FILE ZIP]- OR ANDROID APP ZIP]... Anyways I put it back or made sure it was back in my system files file as a zipped folder never I number unzipped it to begin with.... anyways I went into recovery went to file that said Android apps zip well when I got to recovery I clicked on restore zip or file either one you know what I'm talking about lol and it didn't work I tried it 4 times and it just will not work so now in my files on on my phone have all kinds of files that were there before but I am not rooted cause I have .checked with root check. So I don't know what to do with all these ? Files I have Android zip file in there 5 times I have wifi super wifi I have the trash mod I have all that stuff but none of them can be open someone linked me the 1 click root. and I don't know but I don't think is correct and I want to start from scratch. she gonna hurt if I get rid of all those files or what how do I get rid of them there's a lot the last thing is after root you make sure you're backed up I want to make sure you're backed up you go back to root you go to and you select superuser on your phone not in not in boot motor safe mode restore correctand then you go what well you're on your phone if that done I get that done and I would be good too go

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones