• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Warp and ZTE Warp Sequent

I think joey is trying to help. Id rather offer advice and tell him the issues so he can address them accordingly than badger him. But then again i havent even said hello.

Welcome to our home away from home Joey. You are very welcome here.

We have a few issues we wish to discuss with you regarding the original warp. Is there anything you can do to help us address these issues as explained earlier in the thread?

Interestingly, we have joeyjia in in our forums and appear we have another zte rep qiunwu haunting the warp sequent forums...

ARE THEY REFUNDING MONEY FOR THE WORST PHONE EVER YET
yes im talking about the zte warp

You could make it better by visiting all things root. Honestly I don't feel that there is much wrong withrhe hardware

You could make it better by visiting all things root. Honestly I don't feel that there is much wrong withrhe hardware

One thing to keep in mind. Computers, Phones, Operating systems, so on. are only as good as their programmers. the only issue i really see with the warp is lack of official Working Source Code from zte

This isnt directed at you down, this is about the refund statement

One thing to keep in mind. Computers, Phones, Operating systems, so on. are only as good as their programmers. the only issue i really see with the warp is lack of official Working Source Code from zte

This isnt directed at you down, this is about the refund statement

:thumbup:

Hi, me and my wife both have the ZTE Warp Sequent. I used to have the LG Marquee, and it was great but anyway we are both not able to launch Facebook for this phone. It downloads and installs fine, but when you go to launch the shortcut app, it takes you to the login in screen you log your info, thjen it loads and.... Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped working. But if I go to the google search bar and log in that way I can view my Facebook page... HELP very irritated:mad:

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled? Which Facebook app are you using? I think they have like 3. Try clearing the cache in the app. That MAY fix the problem. If not report back.

Does the Warp Sequent randomly restart like the original Warp?

I only had the sequent about 2-3 weeks, so I didn't have it long, but I can say for a fact, I never had any reboots or lockups like the warp1 has. Of course this is fixed with root normally on the warp1, but the sequent I had no issues with that.

Only real issue I had was it had some slight lag, nothing I couldn't deal with really, but I did have issues with games. One example is on Fruit Ninja, I played the mode where there was only a timer, no bombs, and got to the ending where it finished, and it stalled at that screen for about what seemed 1-2 mins. I could hit the home button and go thru the phone normally, but when I came back it was still at that screen. While at that screen I couldn't use the back button, or anything, just the home button got me out of it........but it did not reboot on me.

That LONG sentence said, I guess that can be a good thing, but to me if you upgrade a phone, even at 1.4ghz "single" core should be able to handle some gaming of sorts, especially Fruit Ninja of all games.
I suppose if I rebooted it would have been fine, but I shouldn't "have" to reboot.

I'm in NO way downing the phone, it IS an improvement over the warp1 for sure, but for an overall phone as I've said in other posts, it's not. I'd classify it as a really nice business phone, but don't rely on it to do much in the way of gaming.

In my opinion the pros are:
-Nicer screen resolution. I compared it to a Samsung S2, and if you did not have the s2 sitting there you would be very pleased with it's visual look of the screen.
-1.4ghz as compared to 1ghz
-more ram, 768 instead of 512 which seemed to help with apps and speed some.
-sleeker, thinner size.

Battery life was about the same as the warp1 is, if not slightly better, but defiantly not drastically better.

I think it should have been the original warp on release, instead of the warp1 itself even being released.

Anyways that's just my input, hope it helps.

I just want to put this out there. The processor speed on the warp 2 isn't really an up upgrade. We have achieved 1.8 on the og warp.
The only really upgrade I see is ics ,speaker, screen res

I only had the sequent about 2-3 weeks, so I didn't have it long, but I can say for a fact, I never had any reboots or lockups like the warp1 has. Of course this is fixed with root normally on the warp1, but the sequent I had no issues with that.

Only real issue I had was it had some slight lag, nothing I couldn't deal with really, but I did have issues with games. One example is on Fruit Ninja, I played the mode where there was only a timer, no bombs, and got to the ending where it finished, and it stalled at that screen for about what seemed 1-2 mins. I could hit the home button and go thru the phone normally, but when I came back it was still at that screen. While at that screen I couldn't use the back button, or anything, just the home button got me out of it........but it did not reboot on me.

That LONG sentence said, I guess that can be a good thing, but to me if you upgrade a phone, even at 1.4ghz "single" core should be able to handle some gaming of sorts, especially Fruit Ninja of all games.
I suppose if I rebooted it would have been fine, but I shouldn't "have" to reboot.

I'm in NO way downing the phone, it IS an improvement over the warp1 for sure, but for an overall phone as I've said in other posts, it's not. I'd classify it as a really nice business phone, but don't rely on it to do much in the way of gaming.

In my opinion the pros are:
-Nicer screen resolution. I compared it to a Samsung S2, and if you did not have the s2 sitting there you would be very pleased with it's visual look of the screen.
-1.4ghz as compared to 1ghz
-more ram, 768 instead of 512 which seemed to help with apps and speed some.
-sleeker, thinner size.

Battery life was about the same as the warp1 is, if not slightly better, but defiantly not drastically better.

I think it should have been the original warp on release, instead of the warp1 itself even being released.

Anyways that's just my input, hope it helps.

Here's the thing.
Its the same processor
Ya its a better screen, but that's probably because the have no quality control hence the different screens in the warp
More ram is to try to stabilize the crappy build of caf ics they did.
That phone is a bandaid.

Not even a bandaid, they released it for the same reason people make sequels to movies.... to get a little more money.

A pink fairy bandaid at most:cool:

I thought they were doing it to emulate star trek?
Warp 2 Mr sulu

Hi, me and my wife both have the ZTE Warp Sequent. I used to have the LG Marquee, and it was great but anyway we are both not able to launch Facebook for this phone. It downloads and installs fine, but when you go to launch the shortcut app, it takes you to the login in screen you log your info, thjen it loads and.... Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped working. But if I go to the google search bar and log in that way I can view my Facebook page... HELP very irritated:mad:
mee too ....was working great for a couple weeks and now this crap ....any help ? ...thanks

actually the worst phone ever is the prevail...by far ....

Nahh, the only downside to the prevail is stock memory... But that is easily fixed. My wife is currently using my old prevail, and is having no problems. She plays games and all that too.

Back
Top Bottom