• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Zmax Pro Official Root Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys also better take into serious consideration that your signing a non discloser agreement when you are excepted into the beta program so it probably wouldn't be the best idea to be throwing around licensed software that you don't own on the internet after you've just signed a non discloser with a multi billion dollar company.

Upvote 0
Odin is for Samsung devices only. I just hope you're using that as a generic term for flashing utility. The only tool I could think of that might work on the ZTE Zmax Pro would be the same one used for the Axon 7. Do you have the encryption keys used to sign the zips? If so please share them and I can put it in the original post for everyone to see.
Yes, indeed--my apologies.

Back on-topic: There was also a lot of discussion about replacing signing keys in an OTA .zip or otherwise flashable .zip and trying to get the (stock) recovery to be tricked. This is highly unlikely to work unless you can actually sign the .zip with the manufacturer's keys.
Is there anyway to modify stock rom? Some time ago I read someone did this to another device.

Upvote 0
I think the beta program is closed now.
I applied 2 days ago. Never got even a confirmation.

That native ZTE root app that someone mentioned. Can't recall if from Axon but I think. We or KingRoot/KingOroot will eventually. I could care less about Nougat. IMO

http://www.androidauthority.com/zte-zmax-pro-android-nougat-beta-743086/
[Update, January 17: Looks like we were too quick to celebrate. ZTE reached out to let us know that the beta program for the Zmax Pro aims to enhance the current software of the device (Marshmallow-based), not to prepare the device for Nougat. Further, the company said it has doesn’t have “any plans to push Android Nougat to the Zmax Pro right now.”]
Let's figure this out and shove the root up their behinds. They could care less about "Budget,Bargain" devices. I browsed something like a ZTE root kit....Do you @messi2050 or anyone know what I mean? I'll try to find it again. It's a Windows.exe file

Not if its that .up format they've been using. You would better be prepared for some serious file conversions
You have to change .up to .zip
Then place file on sdcard. Update through stock recovery

Nubia z11 has root and basic specs are mostly close but importantly I'm not smart enough yet to compare partitions. Mainly can't find the Nubia z11 partition specs. The app roots as well as install TWRP. Could we hack the app to just root or.....You know where I'm going with this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170117-163645.png
    Screenshot_20170117-163645.png
    304.7 KB · Views: 391
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Odin89 and lambo352
Upvote 0
Yea. Likes its that simple. Like i said you would have to convert it
Use ES file explorer...It has a edit option

Someone said before the partitions are the same between the axon 7 and the zmax pro.. is it safe to say we can try to backup one partition at a time as instructed for the tool.. then if that works, try flashing just Messi recovery? Of course if that was to work, do we lose the ability to beta test nougat?
Maybe edit updater scripts,XML,etc

If a few people jumped off a building would you?
Depends how high lol

Is there a lower root level or any way to get viper4android (custom EQ etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lambo352
Upvote 0
Cyanide please use the +Quote button to reply to multiple people. I believe it is against the rules to have multiple replies in a row.
You should see a "Insert Quotes" button at the bottom of the reply box if you use that and it will make it easier to reply to multiple posts while making it look more clean.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@anubis2048, I saw the multiple, consecutive posts the other night and neglected to merge--so that's a bit on me...it's not really against the rules as much as it's not the best forum posting form

Sometimes it's necessary and/or appropriate for a couple of posts, but after that it's best to multi-quote and edit your post if you think of something else.

No worries, though--it's all good :).

Cheers!

Upvote 0
@anubis2048, I saw the multiple, consecutive posts the other night and neglected to merge--so that's a bit on me...it's not really against the rules as much as it's not the best forum posting form

Sometimes it's necessary and/or appropriate for a couple of posts, but after that it's best to multi-quote and edit your post if you think of something else.

No worries, though--it's all good :).

Cheers!

Oops, thought it was against the rules.
Guess I learned a little bit today. :p

Upvote 0
That's an mtk tool, it's not going to be viable here. I have a lot of confidence in Messi's ability, but I don't think even he can do the impossible. With the lack of fastboot that's exactly what it is, it's nearly impossible unless you have some serious skills. Don't be disappointed if root doesn't come any time soon, you must understand how difficult of a device this is to crack.

Reactions: Muchwin
Upvote 0
What rootkit? You posted a pic of a poll.
Last time I checked polls don't have root privileges.
Nice try.
this is what you would have found but after really reading it's kinda outdated. Sorry just irritated with this write protection crap no fastboot etc

Attachments

• Root_Kit_by_N'ayam_Amarsh'e.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 529
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones