• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show us your Desire Homescreens...

snap20100831_220353.png

snap20100831_220357.png
snap20100831_220401.png
snap20100831_220407.png
snap20100831_220422.png

Forever changing it...lol

Where can i get that app screen? The way it folds on the top and bottom is dead smart

Upvote 0
Only got my home screen configured at the minute. Thanks to this thread for the help BTW. I will going back through it to help me with the other 6 screens!! lol.

snap20100904_004428.png

Big thank you to whoever posted the wallpaper a page or two back.

Even bigger thank you to member timmmah.l who linked to this page: [THEME] REVOution for CM6 RC3 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

This is where I got the new font, and the weather and the smooth calendar (transparent) versions.

The battery widget is BattStat and the clock is Tajm.

Also I am running LeeDroid 2.0a with this theme flashed Carbon EspressoMod ala BrightSilence v2.1(for official Froyo Sense based ROMs):

[THEME]Carbon EspressoMod ala BrightSilence v2.1(for official Froyo Sense based ROMs) - xda-developers

:)

Upvote 0
Can't seem to find it.

Also does anyone know of a notepad widget? I've downloaded AK Notepad but it's not got a widget. What about a photo widget that you can swipe through? Had one on Sense.

Menu>Preferences>Advanced Settings>Use 3D app drawer.

I use Post it desktop. Before that I used sticky notes.

Reactions: mercurystar999
Upvote 0
NP I guess? :p
We share these things so people can come up with ideas etc. ;)
My wallpaper gave you an idea which came out quite good in my opinion!

No doubt when I get some free time I'll trawl through deviantART for a new wallpaper and share it with you lot. Feels dirty using someone else's idea as its central to your theme.

I want to make the move to launcher pro but I am liking the look of the theme I've applied to sense.

If I do move to launcher pro, do I need to remove all my widgets etc from sense to stop them using battery? Do I disable sense? Or just sent launcher pro to default?

Leedroid comes with 'launcher' built in. It's the one with the starwars style scrolling app drawer. Would it be ok to install launcher pro when I already have 2 launchers in the Rom?

Upvote 0
If I do move to launcher pro, do I need to remove all my widgets etc from sense to stop them using battery? Do I disable sense? Or just sent launcher pro to default?

It's probably best to - just save your current layout as a new scene (in case you want to come back to it), then change the current scene to Blank Slate (to get rid of all the widgets), then make Launcher Pro the default (the easiest way is with Home Switcher).

Upvote 0
Quick question for launcher pro users, widgets only appear as an option on my phone when the app is installed to the phones memory rather than the SD card. Is this the same for everyone else?

To have apps installed on my SD card but still have the widget showing on screen, I'd have to use something like Folder Organizer??

Cheers

Upvote 0
Quick question for launcher pro users, widgets only appear as an option on my phone when the app is installed to the phones memory rather than the SD card. Is this the same for everyone else?

To have apps installed on my SD card but still have the widget showing on screen, I'd have to use something like Folder Organizer??

Cheers

Isn't that the default behaviour? Because when you connect your phone to a PC anything on the SD card can't be read by the phone, which would make the widget unavailable, so I imagine this is by design.

Upvote 0
Some really colourful screens here! I've been trying a few different layouts, all with LauncherPro, custom dock and Beautiful Widgets. This wallpaper is called Visualization from Zedge.

2baved5

Here's another that would look good with the green TallMin dock icons (wallpaper is Android Army from Zedge)....

2452dtv

The same screen with New Wave wallpaper...

26j6mt2

And a cool red theme using Sunset wallpaper...

2d6wfe4

Upvote 0
Isn't that the default behaviour? Because when you connect your phone to a PC anything on the SD card can't be read by the phone, which would make the widget unavailable, so I imagine this is by design.

I'm using a rooted 2.2 ROM (don't know if that matters) with the setting that all apps are installed on my SD card when downloaded.

I download say Smooth Calendar from the market, but LP won't recognize it as a widget only as an application. But if I move the app back to the phones memory the widget shows up in LP.

Using Sense on rooted ROMs I had all my apps installed to the SD card and widgets worked fine. Maybe it's a issue with Google's version of Apps2SD.

Upvote 0
I'm using a rooted 2.2 ROM (don't know if that matters) with the setting that all apps are installed on my SD card when downloaded.

I download say Smooth Calendar from the market, but LP won't recognize it as a widget only as an application. But if I move the app back to the phones memory the widget shows up in LP.

Using Sense on rooted ROMs I had all my apps installed to the SD card and widgets worked fine. Maybe it's a issue with Google's version of Apps2SD.

I've done a bit of research and it is down to LauncherPro, because they're on the card they aren't available when LauncherPro starts up, and therefore it doesn't allow them. So basically anything you want to use as a widget with LP will need to be on the phone.

Reactions: celticone
Upvote 0
Looks ace Ed, where did you get the custom dock? Does it require root?

No rooting required! :D I use LauncherPro to select a custom dock background. The dock backgrounds can be found HERE

I've done a bit of research and it is down to LauncherPro, because they're on the card they aren't available when LauncherPro starts up, and therefore it doesn't allow them. So basically anything you want to use as a widget with LP will need to be on the phone.

This is true of all widgets, not just when using LauncherPro. Widgets need to run from phone memory so they won't work if you have them stored on SD card. Apps can be stored on SD because you open them only when needed; they don't run in the background so don't need to be in phone memory.

Upvote 0
Question 1: How do you change the buttons on the bottom of the homescreen?

Question 2: Where can I find replacements?

Question 3: How can I change icons of certain app and widgets?

A1- LauncherPro lets you change the dock icons and background.

A2- Icons available from the Android Market (search "Icons" and "Icon Pack") and dock backgrounds can be found HERE

A3- Use FolderOrganiser to change icons for apps, folders and shortcuts.

Search these forums for the above app names and you'll get pages of help and advice on how to use them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones