• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Setting up CM6

I flashed the 10/02 nightly this morning and the camera works great. This camera is much better than stock or even what I found on ZenEXP or Fresh ROM's. The camcorder works great too.

Also reflashed the #14 uncapped kernel and the latest gapps.

One important improvement in the 10/02 is the gallery loads pictures fairly quickly now. On the previous nightly I ran (9/24) the gallery took forever to load.

Upvote 0
I flashed the 10/02 nightly this morning and the camera works great. This camera is much better than stock or even what I found on ZenEXP or Fresh ROM's. The camcorder works great too.

One important improvement in the 10/02 is the gallery loads pictures fairly quickly now. On the previous nightly I ran (9/24) the gallery took forever to load.

I believe there was an issue with the 73;)

I like the stock camera also

Upvote 0
I have the zen rom and was going to try this one out till I read the whole post. it seems like more work having to get everything back on.

Everything runs awesome:D, but with any new rom some individuals may change the default settings, flash new kernels, flash the battery tweak.... different issues may arise. These are just some easy, simple fixes to make the CM6/Froyo 2.2 experience that much better;)

Upvote 0
I used the GPS - google nav on the 928 nightly on a road trip this past weekend. GPS seems to die after 40 minutes or so. Then I need to restart or reset the phone. Anyone had any issues like this? I have had no issues with the camera.

Also, why are you using the #14 uncapped kernel, instead of #11? Are there links for this?

Upvote 0
I used the GPS - google nav on the 928 nightly on a road trip this past weekend. GPS seems to die after 40 minutes or so. Then I need to restart or reset the phone. Anyone had any issues like this? I have had no issues with the camera.

Also, why are you using the #14 uncapped kernel, instead of #11? Are there links for this?

Had an issue on a trip to Boston on Saturday but I'm using the stable, not a nightly. The GPS didn't die but it had trouble locating me BUT this was after I mistakenly pressed the end call button when I got off the phone. Will have to try again when I drive to Philly this weekend.

Upvote 0

Try GPS Status from the market for GPS issues

The #14 is a stable kernel and the #11 is a BFS kernel

[Kernel] BrainFuct Kernel - UncappedKernel [2.6.29.6][10/03/2010] - xda-developers

Upvote 0

Andy replied to you already and explained exactly what I was going to say. GPS Status is explained also in Andy's OP, so scroll up for details. I try different kernels out of curiosity. But I heard that killed a cat once....

Upvote 0
anyone having serious battery issues with this rom? not my first rom by any means and i have searched and searched to see where the battery drain was. disabled facebook from syncing, gps while i am at the office, turn BT off when i'm not using it. my battery lasts MAYBE 6 hours. have exchange set to update every 15 minutes as well as my other emails. any ideas?

Upvote 0
anyone having serious battery issues with this rom? not my first rom by any means and i have searched and searched to see where the battery drain was. disabled facebook from syncing, gps while i am at the office, turn BT off when i'm not using it. my battery lasts MAYBE 6 hours. have exchange set to update every 15 minutes as well as my other emails. any ideas?

I typically used to get about 8 hours out of mine on stock and was seeing the same thing when I flashed CM6. Last week I installed OC Widget and am now getting about 24 hours (on the stock kernel). You might give that a try.

Upvote 0

have you reset the battery stats yet, sometimes just resetting the stats help;) You should get more than 6 hours of battery life even if everything is syncing constantly

Reactions: themadgreek187
Upvote 0
Do you have oc widget or setcpu installed from the market? Setting different frequencies for your phone will help when your phone is 'sleeping' and when it's 'awake'.

i use setcpu. i have tried all the settings that i found that worked the best online. i'll keep monitoring it. inside my office my cell reception is not the best so it is prolly the culprit.

Upvote 0
i use setcpu. i have tried all the settings that i found that worked the best online. i'll keep monitoring it. inside my office my cell reception is not the best so it is prolly the culprit.

That could be the problem:( I have this issue at a friends house where I can go to there house and after 3 hours I drop 30-40% on the battery. I believe what eats the battery is sync and searching for the tower.

Have you tried using the 'Power Control' widget? Menu, Add, Power Control. There is a bunch of things you can turn on/off just by setting up the widget for specific syncs, 2G/3G.... May be quick and easy when you get to your office:)

Reactions: themadgreek187
Upvote 0
now did you install the collins battery tweak and the uncapped kernal if so dont use setcpu or any of that stuff do it thru adb shell thats what i use and my battery easily lasts all day if i use the phone quite a bit and up to two days with mild useage

i had this installed and it seemed to cause issues with my phone. the battery tweak that is. i did not use setcpu when i was trying out the battery tweak. i let my phone die again last night and charged it back up. so far today my battery life is decent. maybe it corrected itself. i have been reading about juice defender so i may try that out.

Upvote 0
Recovery image question: If I install the CyanogenMod image what happens to the RA 1.6.2 image I have currently on my phone? Is the current one deleted, overwritten, or replaced by the new one for CM?

I know that any nandroid files made with the current 1.6.2 image can only be restored using that RA. So can I keep both images on my phone without screwing things up? How would I switch between the two images at boot?

TIA.

Upvote 0
Recovery image question: If I install the CyanogenMod image what happens to the RA 1.6.2 image I have currently on my phone? Is the current one deleted, overwritten, or replaced by the new one for CM?

I know that any nandroid files made with the current 1.6.2 image can only be restored using that RA. So can I keep both images on my phone without screwing things up? How would I switch between the two images at boot?

TIA.

I don't believe the old recovery image would be deleted, unless you delete it from your sd card. I have never changed recovery image, so I am not sure what route you would take to get to the old recovery image, but I would assume it would be there on the sd card somewhere

Upvote 0

TIA.

The cyanogenmod image will replace the current image that you flashed. The actually image file will still be in the same location. You can keep both image files but only one can be flashed at a time. How do you switch..... Flash the recovery image like you would any other.

Reactions: Fenga Papit
Upvote 0
The cyanogenmod image will replace the current image that you flashed. The actually image file will still be in the same location. You can keep both image files but only one can be flashed at a time. How do you switch..... Flash the recovery image like you would any other.
How do I keep both image files if the CyanogenMod image replaces my current image? And when I asked about switching, I meant if I have both the current 1.6.2 image and the CyanogenMod image, how do I switch between the two images when or if I wanted to?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones