• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Source said:
Steven,

Sorry about the delay in responding. As far as I know it’s 32 GB. Also, I’m hearing that this week is looking less and less likely. I can see that the gang already knows it, just wanted to confirm. It’s not impossible that it releases this week (some are pushing HARD for pre-BF), but not likely. Also, I (xxxxxxxxxx) support the letter (xxxx) by the site owner. :)

Regards,

XXXXXXXX

1. Looks like the Love Tunnel thanked Rob's post! Cool.

2. So Verizon can't even agree with Verizon on when to announce? Figures.

Reactions: kcs7272
Upvote 0
Hey all. I am back on the edge again. Not the edge of my seat, the edge of the Ledge that I have been standing off and on on. The 1 cent deal with a 100 dollar gift card (with hot spot) for the razr our Rezound is mighty tempting. Oh so tempting. The ONLY thing holding me back is the love / hate relationship I have with my Moto devices, though they are not that bad. Heck, I can EXPECT my Data to be dropped on my Xoom where I need to reboot. I can EXPECT my DX to reboot.

What can I expect with the Gnex? That it may come out sometime between now and the end of the year, before the next Nexus comes out?

The OTG issue
The 16gig storage (still on the offical site)
NO EXPANDABLE storage

------

The flash issue? Could care less

One good note is, if I do jump to a razr / rezound it will be for a new line. Then possibly switch the device out with my DX

Sorry all, Im just venting / ranting

Nice 100th post eh? :rolleyes:

Reactions: kcs7272
Upvote 0
The Source said:
Steven,

Sorry about the delay in responding. As far as I know it’s 32 GB. Also, I’m hearing that this week is looking less and less likely. I can see that the gang already knows it, just wanted to confirm. It’s not impossible that it releases this week (some are pushing HARD for pre-BF), but not likely. Also, I (xxxxxxxxxx) support the letter (xxxx) by the site owner. :)

Regards,

XXXXXXXX

this is probably info we won't get...but it would be interesting to know the arguments that are being put forth internally by those who want it before BF and those who want to wait

Reactions: la teacher
Upvote 0
(on Steven's post)
Its not the best new but at least its an update. Reassuring to at least hear something everyone in a while. I for one really appreciate you and The Sources efforts to keep us in the loop, even just a little ;)

I second this notion, thank you. If it weren't for people like you and hannette, we would be even more in the dark than we are.

Upvote 0
(regarding Steven's post)

this is probably info we won't get...but it would be interesting to know the arguments that are being put forth internally by those who want it before BF and those who want to wait

I want a list of names of those people who want to wait. I'll take care of the issue myself....don't worry we'll get it soon :D

Upvote 0
The Source said:
Steven,

Regards,

XXXXXXXX

Thanks Steven, and Source. A bit of good news, perhaps two bits. 32GB is good news, and makes you remember that there are lots of techies in VZW who are in love with this phone, and are pushing as hard as they can to get it out as soon as they can. We do have folks on our side, inside.

Upvote 0
I am just about to pull the trigger on the Razr from Amazon for 199 plus the 100 gift card. If the Nexus comes out in a few weeks, I'll send the Razr back to Amazon and pick up the Nexus locally. I'm on AT&T now and have no service in my office, but with Verizon I get full service. I can't wait much longer on a soon to be out dated Nexus.

How is it soon to be outdated? What other phone do you know of that is coming out to the US soon that will match or beat it?

Upvote 0
I am just about to pull the trigger on the Razr from Amazon for 199 plus the 100 gift card. If the Nexus comes out in a few weeks, I'll send the Razr back to Amazon and pick up the Nexus locally. I'm on AT&T now and have no service in my office, but with Verizon I get full service. I can't wait much longer on a soon to be out dated Nexus.

It's a penny today if you're a new customer :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones