• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Had to take a pic of this to share. It was a gift my brother got.

IMG_20111231_195044.jpg

Reactions: vandyman
Upvote 0
The new desktop battery charger with battery and y cable that I got recently doesn't like it when I leave the spare battery in there.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=1292 2&accessoryId=49880

After a few hours, after it has charged the battery it shows a blinking amber light. And of course there is no manual for the charger to explain what it means. I also looked online and there is no info. The LED has 3 colors, green for charged, red for charging, and blinking amber for ...?

Blinking amber is not a good sign. What do you think it says? Don't park the battery? :)

Upvote 0
I park my spare in the charger. Saw a blinking amber one time, removed then reinserted, it turned red then some time later green. Hasn't happened since. Not sure what it means, tho.

I tried that too. also tried it on all my 3 batteries and after a few hours of the battery being fully charged the blinking amber comes back. of course if you unplug and replug or remove and insert the battery it goes away temporarily. will see if the problem gets resolved by itself. I picked up the charger only a day or so ago.

Upvote 0
first time trying out my MHL adapter picked up from monoprice... worked like a charm with the exception of the scaling. the tv it was being used on is a sony bravia 46" led and the picture that was showing on the screen was both too wide and too tall, meaning the sides and top/bottom were cut off from view to some extent. anyone else experience this?

Upvote 0
first time trying out my MHL adapter picked up from monoprice... worked like a charm with the exception of the scaling. the tv it was being used on is a sony bravia 46" led and the picture that was showing on the screen was both too wide and too tall, meaning the sides and top/bottom were cut off from view to some extent. anyone else experience this?

Try playing with the tv aspect ratio setting, that mostly fixed it for me on an LG. My MHL adapter is pretty picky about connection to the phone and likes to drop to static/no sig. May have to try a different one.

Upvote 0
Yeah... :). I think there are a few prerequisites I need to meet first. Like...meeting a woman...and actually speaking to her on an interpersonal level... :)

Well, I guess those would be minor things to accomplish first. Good luck.
I have to say being single definitely has its huge advantages though.

Upvote 0
Try playing with the tv aspect ratio setting, that mostly fixed it for me on an LG. My MHL adapter is pretty picky about connection to the phone and likes to drop to static/no sig. May have to try a different one.

I am having the problem of not getting a signal whatsoever. Is there anything else besides just connecting?

jmar

Upvote 0
Make sure you plugs are push in tight and you are using the charging cable as well.

On your TV, you may need to choose a different source.
^^^^^HDMI1,HDMI2,etc.

Does the MHL have to be charging? Wow on that if it does!

Appreciate your help. Testing in a few!

jmar

Ninja'd by the post above. Thank you for clarifying, both of yous.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if The Old Republic is online multiplayer only?

I'm reading the reviews on amazon and I see a lot of reference to server ques, etc. Can I just buy the disc and play single player?

I heard there are missions you can do by yourself, but at its core it is an mmo. I was excited they were making a new Old Republic game and was quixkly disappointed to learn it was mmo. I'm not a fan of paying monthly to play a game. I am, however, on the fence about playing this game.

How come auto correct doesn't always work?

Upvote 0
I heard there are missions you can do by yourself, but at its core it is an mmo. I was excited they were making a new Old Republic game and was quixkly disappointed to learn it was mmo. I'm not a fan of paying monthly to play a game. I am, however, on the fence about playing this game.
I was also sort of bummed when I heard TOR was going to be an MMO, but I loved the first two so much that I would probably have bought it if it came to Mac.

By the way, am I the only one without plans? XD Will I be the only one here at midnight?

Upvote 0
I was also sort of bummed when I heard TOR was going to be an MMO, but I loved the first two so much that I would probably have bought it if it came to Mac.

By the way, am I the only one without plans? XD Will I be the only one here at midnight?

I'll be here. I'm at my brother's with a couple friends but I luv you guys so I'll be checking in

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones