• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Traffic's always irritating. Nothing like being on your way home from work, tired, stressed, etc., and hello, surprise roadwork. And of course no one can take turns at the merge point, they'd rather risk causing a crash by shoving in front without bothering to signal. After all, getting that one car length ahead in 5mph or less traffic is vital to their survival and more than worth trying to harm someone else who's been stuck in that mess ten minutes longer than they have.

Upvote 0
Traffic's always irritating. Nothing like being on your way home from work, tired, stressed, etc., and hello, surprise roadwork. And of course no one can take turns at the merge point, they'd rather risk causing a crash by shoving in front without bothering to signal. After all, getting that one car length ahead in 5mph or less traffic is vital to their survival and more than worth trying to harm someone else who's been stuck in that mess ten minutes longer than they have.

I straddle two lanes with my car when that situation arises. I get told I'm #1 quite often when I do it too.

Upvote 0
Another peeve: stupid grocery bagger tricks. How much sense does it make to put frozen in with canned, refrigerated with non-edible, split 2 identical items between bags, etc.? I rearranged stuff while loading the car, and got 7 bags down to 5, none of which were overloaded, and mine were arranged rationally (frozen together, the one refrigerator item in with frozen, etc.). I do sort stuff as I put it on the conveyor, so it seems like a bagger has to be *trying* to scramble stuff.

Upvote 0
Bag your own groceries. If the bagger isn't doing it the way I want, I simply move him/her and do it myself. If I'm annoyed with the Vulcan, all his crap goes on the bottom of the bag.

He actually uses a shopping list and ticks stuff off during the week. Sat. AM, the white board is full of stuff that he "forgot" or was too lazy to find. I use the memo pad on the phone just as a backup. I usually just remember stuff.

I used to have a big argument about those damn plastic bags. I had a cat who ATE them. So I wanted paper instead of a vet bill. We use the paper bags for trash anyway. They hold more.

Upvote 0
Damn Miller Moths are back. They are about the dirtiest insects I've ever seen.
There are thousands of them all at once, they all fly like they have smoked a bong and drank a sixpack at the same time. If anyone remembers the way Billy wandered in "Family Circus" cartoon - that's just the way these things fly. No rhyme or reason.

They can be dangerous, too. If enough get into recessed lighting, they can choke off ventilation for the heat and cause a fire.

Upvote 0
Well, you could put them both into a cage match, winner gets to keep their show on the air. And then have Brian Williams show up and punch each one in the kidneys. And then immature kids could watch Brian Williams and learn something. And well, the same goes for the little kids watching spongebob!

:rofl:

get it? I was hinting that the spongebob kids were immature, and then said, Oh wait, yeah it is actually the jersey shore goofs. ;) ;D

Reactions: cammykool
Upvote 0
I'd say the creators of such "reality" shows as "Jersey Shore" are much more deserving targets than the creator of a kid's show (which I admit I have not ever watched, not having children).

Don't get me started about "reality shows"....My Super Sweet 16? I want to shoot the parents. Toddlers In Tiaras? Child Services, anyone? 16 and Pregnant? No comment. Dance Moms? Let's keep Child Services working....Can anyone explain why the Hilton sisters are famous? Because they are rich? Come to my area.....some people are so "rich" it is sick....The Kardashians? Made a sex tape? Great. Know lots of people that did the same.... Nicole Ritchie? Uhhmmmm...her dad is a singer, and her (ex) best friend is rich (through her family....nothing she did on her own....) but why did she have a tv show? Teen Moms? Not actual reality if you get paid for it...

Damn it! I told you not to get me started.....

Reactions: Seanette
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones