• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM]JDX (formerly Jelly Belly) AOSP+ - v15 (7/28)

Just curious, are you flashing the JB Bootloader with 2.4 or not? Just getting ready to move from 1.9 to 2.4 and wondered what kind of results you are seeing either way.

Note: Well, guess it doesn't matter for now because this is all I get on the only link in the op for the jb bootloader: Sorry, we are unable to retrieve the document for viewing or you don't have permission to view the document.

So, can't download it anyways

There are several mirrors throughout the thread, check it out, you can get it easy peezy. I posted info about the bootloader in the OP :)

Flashing a new bootloader is no riskier than any of the other flashing we guys do...just so ya know!

Upvote 0
2.4 clean flash (this time) and it's solid as it can be so far. Got 94% deep sleep last night (myself did too!) and today it seems snappier than previous builds I think. I'm uninstalling Nova because it won't stick as my default home...didn't have that with previous builds not sure what to make of that. Love my Nova gestures but will live without until Nova beta updates

Upvote 0
So am I considered a flashaholic if I am camping, with 2 bars of 3g and I am downloading to flash 2.4? Cool....downloading now!!
And no boot loader for me yet....maybe when I get back home so I can back up again on the PC first....

Edit: 1 bar....not 2...

Yea no need to flash the bootloader until we get source and proper JB ROM start to hit the shelves imo. Just letting people know they can if they want.

And a massive YES you are an addict in need of help :laugh:

HF camping!

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
That's not a great sleep drain Anti if you weren't using it at all. Do you force CDMA only or are you using LTE/CDMA but you don't get a 4G signal when you take ss's?

Looks like it woke up a ton of times as well, I don't know doing what.

Yeah, I don't know if its an app or what. My Android OS last night was 11%! We will see how 2.4 looks for me.

I do keep it on LTE/CDMA. I guess I don't really have a reason to, I guess Im just a little lazy, and don't feel like turning it on when I do go somwhere that gets 4G signal.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Yeah, I don't know if its an app or what. My Android OS last night was 11%! We will see how 2.4 looks for me.

I do keep it on LTE/CDMA. I guess I don't really have a reason to, I guess Im just a little lazy, and don't feel like turning it on when I do go somwhere that gets 4G signal.

I was just wondering. I've done some testing of CDMA vs LTE/CDMA and have come to a semi-conclusion that if you rarely if ever get a 4G signal, then one is better off using the CDMA only option as the radio doesn't have to constantly poll to figure out what it's going to use. Just a hunch though. When I've done work in Cherokee county I had this issue and my battery was draining fast during the day while I was there, so I used the LTE toggle (on aokp b40) in the pull down to force CDMA only and battery drain (and heat) stopped.

My sister lives in a fringy area and forces CDMA only and she's so much happier with her battery life than when she was using LTE/CDMA. She doesn't ever need the 4G speed though...

Upvote 0
I was kind of sad that 2.5 wasn't up after I flashed 2.4 late last night. :p

On a side note, I have noticed some negative people posting on the thread in regards to some of the things in the ROM that haven't been fixed completely yet. (Not naming names.) It really drives me crazy when I see those posts because it just comes off as petulant whining from a grown-a$$ man. Quit your whining and just enjoy the progress this guy makes with each build. No one has a right to complain about the stability of these ROMS when it pertains to your job because we all know that there will be bugs here and there. If your work is so important, quit screwing around with your phone and just go back to stock.

Sorry for the rant. I just get worked up sometimes.

Upvote 0

On a side note, I have noticed some negative people posting on the thread in regards to some of the things in the ROM that haven't been fixed completely yet. (Not naming names.) It really drives me crazy when I see those posts because it just comes off as petulant whining from a grown-a$$ man. Quit your whining and just enjoy the progress this guy makes with each build. No one has a right to complain about the stability of these ROMS when it pertains to your job because we all know that there will be bugs here and there. If your work is so important, quit screwing around with your phone and just go back to stock.

hehe. Everyone rooting and rom'ing should have to sign a disclaimer waiving their right to complain and bemoan their Android woes. It's different if they're actively seeking help and advice. I understand the frustrations, but we should take ownership in it all!

Upvote 0
What does the "fast softkey glow" do/add? And what does the "power menu" add?

I flashed the power menu add-on to 2.4, works great. It adds a few more options to the power menu when you press and hold the power button while phone is on, and allows you to reboot, boot into recovery, toggle vibrate, and a few more options.

The fast softkey glow is a quicker animation when you press the "back" key or "home" key. It would matter in ICS, but in JB there is no need for it unless you just want it to be faster. It's purely aesthetic on JB. On ICS, it got rid of some slight lag on the phone associated with the animation.

Upvote 0
I flashed the power menu add-on to 2.4, works great. It adds a few more options to the power menu when you press and hold the power button while phone is on, and allows you to reboot, boot into recovery, toggle vibrate, and a few more options.

The fast softkey glow is a quicker animation when you press the "back" key or "home" key. It would matter in ICS, but in JB there is no need for it unless you just want it to be faster. It's purely aesthetic on JB. On ICS, it got rid of some slight lag on the phone associated with the animation.

Thanks for the information.

I just did a dirty flash from 1.9 to 2.4 and then I flashed the proper 07-04-2012 gapps and have no contacts. Got to looking and none of the gapps are installed. I have flashed that version twice. Finally just flashed 7-01-2012 and now I have google maps, but still no contact. Is there a problem with 2.4 and the gapps?

Upvote 0
I just upgraded from 1.9 to 2.4, but wanted a clean flash this time because I still cant get my tether to work. It will connect but no internet connection is passed through. So I used the superwipe zip for the first time and then flashed 2.4 and gapps proper. When I booted up I still had all my apps and texts and stuff still there. I thought a full wipe I would have to redo all that stuff. Does that mean it didnt fully wipe?

Also anyone know how to fix the built in tether issue where I can connect to it but get no internet?

Upvote 0

I'm assuming your talking about me when you posted your little rant. If you indeed were I have a few choice words for you. I never complained about the progress being made my only QUESTIONS have been about the audio. So before you make some big post read over others. My questions (not complaints) have been about the audio because since 2.0 Jake Day has said the audio was fixed for Volume+, Beats, and DSPmanager and it wasn't. I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong. So again, read over other post before you jump to the wrong conclusion. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Thanks for the information.

I just did a dirty flash from 1.9 to 2.4 and then I flashed the proper 07-04-2012 gapps and have no contacts. Got to looking and none of the gapps are installed. I have flashed that version twice. Finally just flashed 7-01-2012 and now I have google maps, but still no contact. Is there a problem with 2.4 and the gapps?

1st off have you given it enough time to sync? Are your contacts sync'd with your Google account? If you go to settings> Google (under accounts)> click on your account> is contacts checked? Click 3 dot menu button up top right and click "sync now"?

Upvote 0
I've noticed people talking about deep sleep issues. What the best way to check to see if my phone is going into deep sleep? The battery life seems pretty good so I don't think I have any issues but want to check none the less.

Dnld cpuspy free from Google play store. Open it and click the 3 dot menu button top right then click reset timers. Back out to home screen and turn screen off. Set your phone down for 10 minutes and turn screen back on and go into the cpuspy app. It should read in the ~90% range for deep sleep. Take a ss if you'd like and post it here

Reactions: JE78
Upvote 0
Dnld cpuspy free from Google play store. Open it and click the 3 dot menu button top right then click reset timers. Back out to home screen and turn screen off. Set your phone down for 10 minutes and turn screen back on and go into the cpuspy app. It should read in the ~90% range for deep sleep. Take a ss if you'd like and post it here

Thanks, testing now

Upvote 0
I was having some trouble with CWM (the normal GNex issues - "back button disabled" or the button presses being finicky), so I took this opportunity to load TWRP - wow, what a great recovery. So much more natural than using CWM, and the ability to stack zips is super cool.

Upgraded to 2.4 - no problems.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
I just upgraded from 1.9 to 2.4, but wanted a clean flash this time because I still cant get my tether to work. It will connect but no internet connection is passed through. So I used the superwipe zip for the first time and then flashed 2.4 and gapps proper. When I booted up I still had all my apps and texts and stuff still there. I thought a full wipe I would have to redo all that stuff. Does that mean it didnt fully wipe?

Also anyone know how to fix the built in tether issue where I can connect to it but get no internet?

I'm not a fan of automated programs/zips doing my wiping for me, rather am an android purists of sorts :p? And I've never used RM to do anything for me other than update my recovery. Never will ;)

Which recovery do you use? I'm not familiar with superwipe, but yes you are correct it didn't do a "data" wipe if all your stuff is still intact.

I'd advise you to do a clean wipe in CWM (or twrp your choice) which consists of wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. Format system (mounts and storage) if you'd like as well, but the ROM script does that for you. It doesn't hurt to do it manually though. Then flash ROM and immediately after flash gapps

Make sure you have the 2.4 zip and 07/04 gapps proper on your sdcard before you do this!

Upvote 0
1st off have you given it enough time to sync? Are your contacts sync'd with your Google account? If you go to settings> Google (under accounts)> click on your account> is contacts checked? Click 3 dot menu button up top right and click "sync now"?

In 07-01-2012 gapps I flashed back to last, it somehow did get turned off. Just turned it back on and seeing if that helps. Even though Google Maps shows up, it's not working. And in 07-04-2012 none of the Google Apps show up as installed, just has that little android guy and when you press on them says app not installed. So, there is some issue somewhere.

Upvote 0
In 07-01-2012 gapps I flashed back to last, it somehow did get turned off. Just turned it back on and seeing if that helps. Even though Google Maps shows up, it's not working. And in 07-04-2012 none of the Google Apps show up as installed, just has that little android guy and when you press on them says app not installed. So, there is some issue somewhere.

You must use 07/04 gapps proper with v2.4 as stated by jakeday and it's in the OP. I clean flashed both last night and everything EXCEPT for maps is installed. That is on purpose. You'll need to go to play store and download maps, easy enough.

Are you doing this from a clean wipe or dirty? If you're using RM (Rom manager) to do all of this (and I think you are), I strongly recommend not using it and boot into your recovery manually and do your wiping manually and then flash manually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones