• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

Thanks for the hard work guys. I'm still having issues.

Turns out the power widget/brightness control is still sticking after a full wipe and reinstall but not restoring system settings with Titanium. I also seem to be prompted too frequently by Browser/Dolphin/Tapatalk default after I've already checked my choice.

If I remember correctly, even Whyzor had issues with the "slide your finger accross to control the brightness" feature. I presume that's what you mean? Maybe there is a part in the code that can be tweaked to make it better. When we get the bug tracker up, please post that one so I can remember it.

And I wish there was a way to show how many times I have to hit the backspace because I'm sleepy and can't type, but want to get something finnished:D

Upvote 0
If I remember correctly, even Whyzor had issues with the "slide your finger accross to control the brightness" feature. I presume that's what you mean? Maybe there is a part in the code that can be tweaked to make it better. When we get the bug tracker up, please post that one so I can remember it.

And I wish there was a way to show how many times I have to hit the backspace because I'm sleepy and can't type, but want to get something finnished:D

Clarification. Forget the whole power widget issue. If I attempt to adjust the brightness in settings, set a manual brightness level, exit, and go back to display settings it's still stuck on auto-brightness even after a reboot.

Upvote 0
Clarification. Forget the whole power widget issue. If I attempt to adjust the brightness in settings, set a manual brightness level, exit, and go back to display settings it's still stuck on auto-brightness even after a reboot.

Did you change the number of levels? I don't know why it does that, but if you change the number of levels (an option at the bottom) it will stick.

Dumb, I know, but that's the way it is. post back if that doesn't work.

Upvote 0
It's been upload to dl.mtdev.us in both CM7 folder and g60 folder.

I'm sorry. That was all of the thunderprops for the various versions we put out. It's not just one.
The thing with the thunderprop is it replaces the build.prop. That's why I made one for each of the MTDEV ROMs.

I'll make one for the g60 style final version tomorrow. For now, I'll read myself to sleep.

Good nite, and good ROMing

Upvote 0
As always, thanks for the great work! I'm more excited than ever to be an MT owner.

I have had some issues after upgrading to the latest build (full wipe + titanium restore). Mainly, CM7 settings like alarm and ringtone headphone override are not sticking. I have tried fixing permissions from CWM and the terminal. Though they seem to complete without error, settings still do not stick. Also tried reboot in CM7 menu after setting changes, but no dice.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Hey g60 what kernel are you using on this rom? The one in the mtdev cm7 repo or the one in yours?

I'm gonna fork it a make a custom kernel when I get a chance.

Also yeah I have always had issues with cm7 settings nit sticking. Also issues with wifi seems prevalent in all cm7 roms! I seen a commit on the ferrite code review claiming to help with issues with settings not sticking for Motorola devices. Not sure how much help it would be though!

Upvote 0
This is an issue that just started happening yesterday, but in CyanogenMod settings when I check to disable boot animation it no longer sticks. Was working fine before. But as soon as I exit those settings it is becomes unchecked. Prior to yesterday it was working fine.
It's not a big deal, I can live with the boot animation, but does anyone know a way to get that setting to stick?
I'm on MTDEV CM7 0819
Thanks!

Upvote 0
This is an issue that just started happening yesterday, but in CyanogenMod settings when I check to disable boot animation it no longer sticks. Was working fine before. But as soon as I exit those settings it is becomes unchecked. Prior to yesterday it was working fine.
It's not a big deal, I can live with the boot animation, but does anyone know a way to get that setting to stick?
I'm on MTDEV CM7 0819
Thanks!

For anyone having any issues with settings or notification power widgets not sticking, I have the solution. Through many tests and many failures, I believe to have pinpointed the cause of the problem (it seriously took a while to figure it out since I tested each and every setting). First step, turn off your wifi (if it turns back on, don't worry about it). Second step, reboot. Now, check and see if your notification power widgets change. If they do, change any settings now because they will now stick. Ergo, wifi is the culprit. If you turn it on and use your phone after a bit, your notification power widgets and/or settings will eventually no longer stick. At that time, turn off your wifi and reboot. Voila! Your settings will now stick. NOTE: Once you've made all your changes in settings, of course you can turn your wifi back on. A good way to check if your settings are able to stick is use the orientation notification power widget. If it turns on when you press it, your settings will stick. If it doesn't change, your settings will not stick.

My present to you all and again I would like to thank the MTDEVs for all your hard work. Hopefully this info is helpful ^_^

Upvote 0
Hey g60 what kernel are you using on this rom? The one in the mtdev cm7 repo or the one in yours?

I'm gonna fork it a make a custom kernel when I get a chance.

Also yeah I have always had issues with cm7 settings nit sticking. Also issues with wifi seems prevalent in all cm7 roms! I seen a commit on the ferrite code review claiming to help with issues with settings not sticking for Motorola devices. Not sure how much help it would be though!

b_randon,

Snag the kernel from my g60 repo https://github.com/g60madman/WX_435_Kernel-CM7 the one on mtdev-cm7 is the same kernel with out the updated video drivers. Back when I removed them in early stages of development.

Reactions: b_randon14
Upvote 0
mine always seem to work again after i set the am/pm in the status bar to small text lol, so thats my personal fix lol

ill go in and change the am/pm from hidden (default) to small, Nothing happens, i reboot the phone, when it restarts the am/pm will be there now, then when i go into the setting and change battery or am/pm or carrier logo it'll instantly change like it should

doing the above also is how i get my notifications widgets to starts working again, and if doing the above am/pm doesn't work i do the same thing to the widgets

deselect all the ones i dont want, then select all the ones i do, pull down the bar to check and its still the old ones, reboot phone, when it restarts i go right into the settings again and click arrange order and now only the widgets i selected before the reboot are there, so i arrange the order to what i wish, then just to finish it off i change the color to the FF33B5E5, which from a ton of searching i found to be the ICS color blue

Upvote 0
I installed Cyanbread and ICS themes as well as the Android 4.0 theme for 360 launcher and regardless of which one I use, the bar under the Wifi/BT/GPS/Sound widgets in the drop-down notification bar is still green instead of Cyan. If I remember right, it used to be Cyan when I had the g60 ROM. How I can change the color to Cyan?

Upvote 0
I installed Cyanbread and ICS themes as well as the Android 4.0 theme for 360 launcher and regardless of which one I use, the bar under the Wifi/BT/GPS/Sound widgets in the drop-down notification bar is still green instead of Cyan. If I remember right, it used to be Cyan when I had the g60 ROM. How I can change the color to Cyan?

Settings- cyanogenmod settings- interface- indicator color. And make it whatever color you want

Reactions: nwaves
Upvote 0
What's different MTDEV CM-7 vs g60 style cm-7?? Can anyone list it out?

Simply put G60 is basically CM7 its actually 7.2 but its not the finalized version and MTDEV is CM7.2 Final, many updates, on top of the updates our devs have added as well

MTDEV-CM7 is basically a few versions above the G60 Series

I did touch the middle button but didn't try exProphecy's trick yet.

ive yet to have a problem with them not sticking, atleast if reboot is done
1. i go in and set the color, press the center color to select it, then reboot
2. when the phone boots the colors i selected are there

id use prophecy's trick first, altho i dont think its the wifi, mine doesnt have wifi issues at all and it still happens

Reactions: dsmryder
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones