• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] unSENSEable V2.1 |3D|Fast|Lite|Great Battery| Now Overclocking|Buttered Toast| 04/11/13 |

I really like this ROM! I want it to be my daily driver but I have one question. I cant sync my contacts with my cars Bluetooth headset with this ROM. I can pair the phone but cant look up a contact to place an outgoing call. In fact I have tried almost all of the ROMs on this site with the same results. However, the straight up MIUI ROM for the EVO3G works perfectly with my car Bluetooth. I always thought it was the HTC Sense part that was causing the Bluetooth issue. With this ROM being Senseless and still having the issue I don't know anymore.

To my question. Is it possible to swap the Bluetooth module (APK?) from the MIUI build into this one and get the best of both worlds? I am a noob when it comes to modifying ROMS so any help is much appreciated.

Upvote 0
I really like this ROM! I want it to be my daily driver but I have one question. I cant sync my contacts with my cars Bluetooth headset with this ROM. I can pair the phone but cant look up a contact to place an outgoing call. In fact I have tried almost all of the ROMs on this site with the same results. However, the straight up MIUI ROM for the EVO3G works perfectly with my car Bluetooth. I always thought it was the HTC Sense part that was causing the Bluetooth issue. With this ROM being Senseless and still having the issue I don't know anymore.

To my question. Is it possible to swap the Bluetooth module (APK?) from the MIUI build into this one and get the best of both worlds? I am a noob when it comes to modifying ROMS so any help is much appreciated.

Make a backup and try it

Upvote 0
Just flashed this and I have to say it's great.

One thing though I noticed is when I first booted, I got a FC on a file called acore. Not sure what that was about. Seems to be good though. Rebooted again just now, nothing wrong. Wifi setup without a hitch. Gonna play with it a bit more and see what happens. I may or may not replace Nova launcher later if I can find another on my list I like. (I'm partial to xperia. I might bring that one up that I recolored and see)

All in all, great ROM. Nice work man. Smooth, fast, and it works.

Any bugs, I'll see what I can do to recreate it and post back.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this was mentioned but if you go to the mms app and try to add people...this happens....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352165581722.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352165581722.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0
Damnit!!! @@$@$#$@$%#%$@#!

Forgot that this was based on Mob's ROM and that you can't dirty flash. I tried a dirty flash and to my disappointment, all was wiped! ARGH!! I have a backup but it's a few weeks old.

Oh well....maybe a clean install will help me track down the issues i'm having with Notifications which is driving me nuts!

Upvote 0
I think that I found my problem. I used Titanium to restore the apps that are giving me Notification problems, but this time, I restored just the App and not App+Data. I then opened the app and configured accordingly and now I'm getting Notifications. At least from Facebook....I haven't tested it with other apps yet.

Upvote 0
Make a backup and try it

I figured out how to do this. I found that the Bluetooth.apk in the MIUI ROM was dated 2/29/2008 so is an older version. I used adb to push the file to my phone and even deleted the Bluetooth.odex file (recommended on another forum). I pulled the battery and restarted. Besides getting an Android is upgrading popup when starting up nothing changed. Still the same issue with syncing contacts.

Do you think Android is updating the Bluetooth.apk? Any thoughts about where to go from here? There are several other files related to the Bluetooth profile but I have no clue where to start.
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones