• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] unSENSEable V2.1 |3D|Fast|Lite|Great Battery| Now Overclocking|Buttered Toast| 04/11/13 |

I've been using this for a few days and can't send mms. I can receive mms no problems. I'm going to try gosms and see if it's the messenger apk

**MMS working After This**
Thanks to heythereitsv and all the guys in this thread http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/621181-project-get-mms-working-aosp-aokp-cm-miui-builds.html
i started messing around with the settings and was able to get mms to send and receive.

I got mms working by just changing the mms settings inside the text msg app and using this address --> "http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?" that was mentioned in the thread which link is above.

Open txt message app> Settings > Multimedia Messages (MMS) > Connection Settings
Change Name to : V-Mobile MMS
Change MMSC to: http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?

I tested sending an mms to myself and to a friend and both worked receiving and sending as well.

Hopefully this help guys.

I made this change today and can now receive MMS! Not sure why the original settings were for T-Mobile. I still cant send MMS. Is there something that has to be done to get the send part working?
Thanks.

I made this change today and can now receive MMS! Not sure why the original settings were for T-Mobile. I still cant send MMS. Is there something that has to be done to get the send part working?
Thanks.

I preformed the same fix and can report I can send and receive MMS. Just sent one just now to test.

On another note, as someone else previously asked, will Google Now possibly be updated in your next release (@OP)? I realize the new version would have to be hacked to make it work, but I am just curious.

Hey guys. I've been away for a while. I will have a update soon. I'll try to update Google now. I'll see what I can do. And I figured out why you guys were having trouble with mms. I made a special version of the ROM for a friend on tmobile. I uploaded the wrong one for you guys. sorry about that. I wasn't having issues because my settings were correct. Sorry about that

Hey guys. I've been away for a while. I will have a update soon. I'll try to update Google now. I'll see what I can do. And I figured out why you guys were having trouble with mms. I made a special version of the ROM for a friend on tmobile. I uploaded the wrong one for you guys. sorry about that. I wasn't having issues because my settings were correct. Sorry about that

Are the MMS settings above correct? No other values needed? I'm still having trouble sending MMS, but I can receive now.

Also not sure about the 4G? Is it supposed to work on this ROM? I have turned it on in locations where the stock ROM was able to connect and don't see any change in the notifications area that I'm on 4G, still says 3G. The toggle says 4G is on but I don't see any speed improvements either.
Thanks!

Are the MMS settings above correct? No other values needed? I'm still having trouble sending MMS, but I can receive now.

Also not sure about the 4G? Is it supposed to work on this ROM? I have turned it on in locations where the stock ROM was able to connect and don't see any change in the notifications area that I'm on 4G, still says 3G. The toggle says 4G is on but I don't see any speed improvements either.
Thanks!

4g is working correctly. I would try a re download and re flash

So we are running the wrong ROM ?

any chance someone can post the rom on another site, i'm getting 5-13 hour download times for this rom (other sites its like a few minutes lol)

4g is working correctly. I would try a re download and re flash

When 4G is on will it say 4G in the notification area? Why doesn't 4G show up in the full settings list only on the Quick Settings?

Can I get away with just wiping the Cache and Dalvik Cache or do I need to do a factory reset?
Thanks

lol sorry bout that, after a 2nd c all to my net provider, seems they were having problems .. seems fixed now, dl'ed it and about to flash :>

Has anybody reported Data speeds decreasing past the 2.5GB with this rom, or will VM not be able to track the usage? (I don't even use that much but I wanted to check in)

Can anyone answer these questions for me?

-I believe is to be able to save space; and if you want the full settings on your screen, you could easily add a Widget for that.

-4G Notification will display steady once you are connected to it, if not, it will appear on top as not connected and searching.

There is none. This is a barebones ROM. You can add them by adding livewallpapers.Apk from another ROM

You can get them from just about any ROM. Just download mobsters ROM. Open the zip. In system>apps the file is in there. Just drag it into my ROM and then flash

So, I hooked a friends device up with this rom as it seemed the best option for his needs. Not gonna lie, he isn't too Android savvy but he seems to like it for the most part.

One thing, now in reading this entire thread, as I noticed there wasn't any Live Wallpapers. I followed what u said above but still are not able to choose a Live Wallpaper. Actually not able to choose any system wallpapers, if there even is any. In browsing the system/app folder I see that there is at least one HTC wallpaper apk in there but there is no way to choose it/them. When press/hold the homescreen and choose Wallpapers, it brings up options for ES File Explorer, Gallery, etc... meaning I need to choose one saved on the SDCard. Even after moving the Livewallpapers apk to system/app folder (rebooting, clearing cache/dalvik) and trying again there is still no option to choose a Live Wallpaper. I even tried pulling other Live Wallpapers with no success.

Also, my buddy tried downloading the Matrix Live Wallpaper from the Play Store and when he tries to use it, it pops up a message stating something like "during our checks, it seems your system does not support the Live Wallpaper feature, please upgrade your firmware" (now don't quote me, but it basically says something like that).
So, typically I can troubleshoot and figure out issues on my own, but truth is I'm not as familiar with HTC devices like I am with Samsung and Moto devices. I'm more or less curious to know if there is something I'm missing or whatnot. I'm not giving up on figuring this out on my own but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this as well.

Beyond that, great job on the rom :)

Add livewallpapers.Apk. To the ROM before you flash. A lot of System apps have to be flashed with the ROM. Then add live wallpapers

Back
Top Bottom