• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] {CDMA} [LINARO][Rom][11/21/12][JB 4.1.2]ParanoidAndroid 2.99 Official

Upvote 0
I tried but got the message -
Communication with the voicmail-to-text server has timed out. We will continue to verify your Voicemail-to-text account status in the background ...It has done that for hours now, since I didn't have time to troubleshoot at work.

Hmm. I'm not sure what the problem is... It worked fine for me. Are you on Sprint or Virgin Mobile?

Reactions: Branael
Upvote 0
First of all, I wanted to say thanks for your response. I'm usually just reading as i'm flashin ROMs to my Evo. You and Don and Dragon and the other guys (sorry if I didn't say other names) are awesome. I wanted to post that a while back but didn't have time.

Second, i'm on Sprint. When I'm on this ROM I can't get rid of my voice mail notification. It keeps showing that I have 22 voicemails but I called and still won't clear even though there are no voicemails. Not sure what's happnin. That is why I am trying to install the VM app to see if I can clear that, but failing lol.

Upvote 0
First of all, I wanted to say thanks for your response. I'm usually just reading as i'm flashin ROMs to my Evo. You and Don and Dragon and the other guys (sorry if I didn't say other names) are awesome. I wanted to post that a while back but didn't have time.

Second, i'm on Sprint. When I'm on this ROM I can't get rid of my voice mail notification. It keeps showing that I have 22 voicemails but I called and still won't clear even though there are no voicemails. Not sure what's happnin. That is why I am trying to install the VM app to see if I can clear that, but failing lol.

What I did in this case, sign up for Google voice, get rid of the native voice mail app obviously, then get rid of google voice.

Doing this, you'll only receive emails about voice mails.

DS

Reactions: Branael and DonB
Upvote 0
2 things, one you might want to Nandroid back to a sense Rom, delete those viocemail, then you can Nandroid back to JB, once you done that, I would seriously go with GV, but if you choose not to do that, there are other options.

Upvote 0
That is not needed, simply use the VM feature, you do not need to have the same number, simply *28 GV # to your Sprint device. and make sure you have the features turned off, do not use Sprint integration, a nightmare.

FYI you are not charged for *28 conditional call forwarding, if you ever want to deactivate it simply hit *38 and you will hear to quick dial tones.Then hang up

There are two ways to enable Google Voice with Sprint: I prefer *28 but there are other options below, *28 is easy and no work.

If you are new to Google Voice:

1. The first step is to create a Google Voice account.
  2. In step 1 of account creation, click “I want to use my mobile number.”
  3. Enter your Sprint mobile phone number and click the “Check for available options” button.
  4. Click on “Enable Google Voice on your Sprint phone” and complete the remaining steps of account setup.
If you already have a Google Voice account:

1. Sign in to Google Voice.
  2. Go to Settings and click the Phones tab.
  3. Find your existing Sprint number in your list of forwarding phones, then click on "Enable Google Voice on your Sprint mobile phone."
  4. Select Option 1.
  1. Log-in to your account at http://www.google.com/voice
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Find your existing Sprint number in your list of forwarding phones, then click on "Enable Google Voice on your Sprint mobile phone."
  4. Select Option 2.

Upvote 0
That is not needed, simply use the VM feature, you do not need to have the same number, simply *28 GV # to your Sprint device. and make sure you have the features turned off, do not use Sprint integration, a nightmare.

FYI you are not charged for *28 conditional call forwarding, if you ever want to deactivate it simply hit *38 and you will hear to quick dial tones.Then hang up

There are two ways to enable Google Voice with Sprint: I prefer *28 but there are other options below, *28 is easy and no work.

If you are new to Google Voice:

1. The first step is to create a Google Voice account.
  2. In step 1 of account creation, click

Upvote 0
Just had something extremely odd happen. My data completely stopped working on me. On the phone with Sprint for about 20 minutes, advised me to take it to the Sprint store and have it replaced for free since it's messed up through no fault of mine. So i decided to restore a nand just for the heck of it thinking it couldn't be rom related. Low and behold it had something to do with the rom. Still on 2.99 but got my data back working again.

Started to get depressed at thought of giving up my 3vo for a different device since it's discontinued. Happy again :D

Edit: maybe not, worked long enough to post this, looks like I'll have to give up the 3vo if it doesn't start acting right by tomorrow :/

Edit 2: 10 minutes and counting after a wipe with working data

Yesterday my data stopped working. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. I was trying to search for place through Google Maps. I turned on GPS location. Shortly after, my data stopped working on ALL apps. I had to restart the phone. It worked again for a few minutes and then the same issue. The phone has been acting strange since them. The lights on the buttons will randomly light up. The screen doesn't come on (have to pull out battery and restart). I didn't experience this until recently. I've been on 2.99 for over two weeks.

Anxious to get my phone back to stability. Any other recommended JB roms? Or is Zred the best bet?

Upvote 0
Try this, I am assuming you are using the ROM stock with no additions and different Kernel, if thus is the case, create a Nandroid, and re flash the Rom on top of itself, and make sure you simply wipe Cache and Dalvik, and report back

Yesterday my data stopped working. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. I was trying to search for place through Google Maps. I turned on GPS location. Shortly after, my data stopped working on ALL apps. I had to restart the phone. It worked again for a few minutes and then the same issue. The phone has been acting strange since them. The lights on the buttons will randomly light up. The screen doesn't come on (have to pull out battery and restart). I didn't experience this until recently. I've been on 2.99 for over two weeks.

Anxious to get my phone back to stability. Any other recommended JB roms? Or is Zred the best bet?

Upvote 0
more issues today: couldnt answer a call, it wouldnt let me swipe right and eventually i got a force close. When i tried usb storage mode, the phone restarted. It worked the second time.

I've got the usb storage bug myself. Try fixing permissions then give yourself a call from a different phone and see if it works.

DS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones