• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root for Fierce 2?

I am testing out the transparent bars, and they look amazing. Guess xposed isn't so bad after all, just have to be careful. Attached is an example.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-17-01-03-03.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-17-01-03-03.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_2015-05-17-01-02-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-17-01-02-33.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot_2015-05-17-01-06-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-17-01-06-19.png
    602.9 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: floridaboy89
Upvote 0
My phone is just stuck there at the Alcatel Screen. Can't use adb (unless there is a whole system backup), SD won't work, it doesn't recognize external SD , guys I'm ****ed, o well getting the LG L70 next week, BTW I Will still be making a custom recovery for the Fierce 2 for y'all :)))))
Good luck, hope your sticky situation becomes undo. Are you still working on porting CM12?

Upvote 0
My phone is just stuck there at the Alcatel Screen. Can't use adb (unless there is a whole system backup), SD won't work, it doesn't recognize external SD , guys I'm ****ed, o well getting the LG L70 next week, BTW I Will still be making a custom recovery for the Fierce 2 for y'all :)))))
If you're getting a phone from MetroPCS, I'd reomend the LG Leon over the L70. It just came out and has a quad-core processor (vs a dual-core in the L70), 1080p recording (vs 720p), a much better design, and it ships with Lollipop.

Reactions: Im4Android
Upvote 0
Quick question...Has anybody successfully replaced the Kinguser app that KingRoot installs with
SuperSU?

Yep, just scrapped kingroot for supersu. I've got T-mobile's 7040T on build C28UM80, but no reason it should be any more difficult on other models. Without a custom recovery, it's not a trivial task, so fair warning. This guide is a good starting point, though things change at step 8 (SuperSU didn't want to update itself for me) where you'll have to install it manually. I used a terminal app on the phone, but adb works as well, as long as you don't close either.

You'll also need the latest supersu.zip, extracted somewhere on your sd card. Specifically, we need the armv7 dir, and the common dir. You'll also want to reference the install script, you'll basically be doing the same from a shell. Take /armv7/su and copy it to the following:
Code:
/system/xbin/su
/system/xbin/sugote
/system/xbin/daemonsu
/system/bin/.ext/.su

Chmod each to 755 (as well as the .ext dir, you'll need to make it). Use chcon to set sugote to u:eek:bject_r:zygote_exec:s0, it should be the only context you need to change. /armv7/supolicy gets copied to /system/xbin/supolicy, again 755. /armv7/libsupol.so goes in /system/lib/, as 644. /common/install-recovery.sh goes in /system/etc/ as 755, and then symlink /system/bin/install-recovery.sh to it (ln -s SOURCE TARGET). touch /system/etc/.installed_su_daemon, cp /system/bin/mksh /system/xbin/sugote-mksh and set to 755, and cross your fingers. Install SuperSU from the play store, run 'su --install' from your shell, and reboot. If you did everything correctly, you'll now have SuperSU working and be rid of the Chinese crap.

I'll make a shell script to automate it later if no one else does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Im4Android
Upvote 0
So, anyone who rooted their device want to help out? Now that we have root, we can dump kallsyms, which makes adding our devices to other exploits fairly easy. This means we could get an exploit that uses SuperSU (like giefroot) working, saving future users from the headache of kingoroot. I've only got a T-Mobile 7040T, I expect the addresses to differ on other carriers and possibly on other updates.

Just open a terminal and run the following:
Code:
su
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/kptr_restrict
cat /proc/kallsyms > /sdcard/kallsyms
cat /proc/version

Then paste the version string here, and upload kallsyms (preferably zipped) to something like dropbox. For reference, here's the original T-mobile rom's:

Linux version 3.4.0-g8d00559 (android-bld@Perso185) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 5 03:00:23 CST 2014
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44790237/kallsyms.zip

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones