• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite breakfast?

This morning breakfast on the truck

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319_084830_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240319_084830_Photos.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 33
Found this at Walmart yesterday, haven't tried it yet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240330_055624_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240330_055624_Photos.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 25
when I go and have breakfast out, I always look to see if there is an omlete or eggs Benedict. today I had smoked salmon florentine which is basically an eggs Benedict with a dill hollandaise sauce. it came with an arugula salad......it was soooo good.

I love breakfast but we never eat a meal in the morning. I was riding my bike early yesterday and the aroma of breakfast being prepared here and there in town was a killer!!! :) There should be a law against bacon smelling so good. :)

I had the opportunity to buy some fresh eggs yesterday. I haven't had a fresh egg in years. I'm boiling some now to have for breakfast. Oddly, the eggs are dated and have the name of the chicken written on each egg. :) I told the wife I'm judging the hens this morning.

The eggs were excellent. The yolks are far larger and have a slight orange color vs store bought factory produced eggs. They actually have a flavor just like they had in the days of old. :) I'm not sure the difference would be worth the price to everyone but it is to me.

Last edited:
I'm hooked on the fresh eggs. They are like a blast from the past. I bought two more dozen tonight.
Finding an outlet for fresh milk will be a more difficult or impossible task nowadays. I doubt I make that happen but... talk about good.

Scrambled eggs, peppers and sausage all prepared on the truck. Used the air fryer to cook the sausage, nuke the peppers and eggs in the microwave. Combine sausage, eggs and peppers covered with cheese and cook in the microwave for about a minute and half :thumbsupdroid: :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240504_101857_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240504_101857_Photos.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 15
I just ate a couple of hard boiled duck eggs. They were larger than a large chicken egg and maybe a bit richer in flavor. I could easily eat them on the regular if they were readily available. These were a gift from one of my son's good friends. They have a somewhat rural setting and have chickens and ducks. They aren't local or I'd tap them for more eggs now and then. :)

So on Tuesday in honor of "National Buttermilk Biscuit Day" I decided to treat my coworkers to homemade biscuits and gravy. I've never made this before, and I had never had this before. How in my near half century on this planet was this food hidden from me. Those southern folks keeping secrets from us yanks. :p

Back
Top Bottom