• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2024

Is it just me or does it seem like the Mets are a bit like fish out of water in game one? The game isn't over but they sure seem out classed so far.

And now it's over. Game one of the NLCS is in the books with a W logged for the Dodgers.

Last edited:
The Guardians got lucky and won the game in the 10th. I'm happy for them. I was afraid they tossed the game and trying to come back from a 0-3 start was far from likely.

The Dodgers are once again smothering the Mets with their talent. The score is currently 7-2 Dodgers in the top of the 8th.

It's still the top of the 8th with no outs. The score is now 9-2. Anything could happen but I'm convinced the game 4 belongs to the Dodgers who now lead the NLCS 3-1.

Last edited:
The Dodgers are once again smothering the Mets with their talent. The score is currently 7-2 Dodgers in the top of the 8th.

It's still the top of the 8th with no outs. The score is not 9-2. Anything could happen but I'm convinced the game 4 belongs to the Dodgers who now lead the NLCS 3-1.
make it 10-2 Dodgers!!!!!!! i think the Mets are done for this series. but there is still a lot of baseball to be played.

looking for a Dodgers vs Yankees series. but i'll take either opponent.

make it 10-2 Dodgers!!!!!!! i think the Mets are done for this series. but there is still a lot of baseball to be played.

looking for a Dodgers vs Yankees series. but i'll take either opponent.
It's looking very much like a Dodger / Yankee series. I was hoping for a different series. When I haven't a dog in the fight, I always go with who I feel is the underdogs. The Guardians seem off their game at the wrong time to beat the Yanks. The Dodgers are definitely peaking at a time that has the Mets wondering why they are even there.

With their backs against the wall, the Mets won the had to win game five in the NLCS. The series is now Dodgers 3-2 over the Mets.

The Guardians actually had the come from behind lead against the Yankees late in game four. The Yanks seem to have the Guardians closers number. They put up two runs in the top of the 9th that the Guardians lacked an answer for. The ALCS is now Yankees 3-1 over the Guardians.

The Yankees punched their World Series ticket with a three run top of the 10th lead that the Guardians had no answer for. The Yanks sticks were better than the Guardians pitchers... plain and simple.

It seems more recent than this but the last time we had a Dodger Yankee series was 1981. They have squared off in the big dance 11 times and 2024 will be the 12th. I do think they are the best teams to represent their league. I wasn't excited to see this matchup but I think we are in for some competitive games. Who wins this year? I don't have a care but if forced to have a favorite I'd have to go with the American league being as I'm a Royals fan and the dang Yanks sent my boys home.

Not at all the series I was hoping for but go Dodgers! As a Boston fan it's the only logical choice, besides I don't hate them as vehemently. Damn those Yankees and then some!
You have a point, I have hated the Yanks most of my life! ocn is a Dodgers fan as well. I'll Join the Dodgers fan club. It's nearly impossible not to like Ohtani. I actually admire any man that can lose millions and not spend the rest of his life crying. :) Seriously... he is very talented.

The Dodgers get home field advantage for having a better season record than the Yankees. They will host games one and two then six and seven if necessary. The Yankees will host games three through five. The opening game will be Friday, October 25th. The following games will be played Oct. 26th, 28th, 29th, 30th, Nov. 1st, and 2nd. Start time will be 8:08 P.M. ET for each game. The games will be aired on FOX.

i think this series will break the record for the most watched on tv. its going to be fun to watch. i'm still worried about pitching, hopefully the Bullpen Dogs can keep going like they have this playoff season.

The Yankees have some big sticks. They also have a decent pitching staff. I agree that it should be a good series. Both teams are solid. AF is behind you with the Dodgers all the way. I'm anticipating some good games.

Back
Top Bottom