• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

I just stepped out to look. The moon seems extra bright but no Northern lights. I live just South of Wichita Kansas so my Northern sky is very light polluted.

After doing some research, parts of Northern Kansas have a decent chance of a light show. I'm very close to the Southern border of Kansas. Bummer! Seeing the Northern lights are just about tops of my bucket list.

Last edited:
I keep seeing my friends list with the Northern lights wich way til Kansas city, but I was having a great time celebrating last night with my friends..

Dude could have gone thru medical school by now. Seriously, this is getting embarrassing. Even Tommy Boy graduated after 7 years and had a successful career at Callahan Auto. I mean the guy sold a half a million brake pads in one afternoon.
Screenshot_20241014_161258_X.jpg

I bought an old PC I bought for $50 (19" monitor included) for a very specific, singular purpose... and it is full of surprises: including a 250 GB hard drive and a 500 GB hard drive. But wait, there's more... it's still running Windows 7!

Windows 7 reached End-Of-Life in 2009, so there were no more security patches after that... yet the local furniture company that owned it kept using it online, and never updated it, for at least another decade. I guess they thought McAfee Safe Connect would keep them safe.

How do I know all this? Because they didn't bother deleting any data before getting rid of it. I have Amy's meal plan (she's the owner), dozens of invoices, lots of furniture pictures... but there are photos of people's drivers licenses in here! All kinds of stuff.

Folks, please keep your devices up to date and securely wipe the data when you're finished with it. Let's be safe out there... unlike Amy.

20241017_160432.jpg

I bought an old PC I bought for $50 (19" monitor included) for a very specific, singular purpose... and it is full of surprises: including a 250 GB hard drive and a 500 GB hard drive. But wait, there's more... it's still running Windows 7!

Windows 7 reached End-Of-Life in 2009, so there were no more security patches after that... yet the local furniture company that owned it kept using it online, and never updated it, for at least another decade. I guess they thought McAfee Safe Connect would keep them safe.

How do I know all this? Because they didn't bother deleting any data before getting rid of it. I have Amy's meal plan (she's the owner), dozens of invoices, lots of furniture pictures... but there are photos of people's drivers licenses in here! All kinds of stuff.

Folks, please keep your devices up to date and securely wipe the data when you're finished with it. Let's be safe out there... unlike Amy.

View attachment 175619
/facepalm..

I wonder if she really rushed it out and did not do that full wiped clean?
I still remember cleaning my old SAT hard disk's for to give it away to the compture company..

That was a serious b%ch but it was worth it.

↑↑ You poor man ↑↑

Today the stars aligned... I had the day off and I finally had all of the paper work to do the title work on my new to me truck. Doing anything at either of the counties tag offices is a genuine hassle. They have a call ahead system that is almost helpful. I called in when they opened and got in line. My wait time was estimated at nearly three hours. I sent a text to the system about an hour and a half into my wait to check the status. It said there were 17 customers in front of me. I gathered up my stuff and headed up town. On my way I received a text from the system saying there were 6 in front of me and I should head to the tag office. I get there and walk into the place as they were calling me to a window. I did my business and I was out of there.
Trust me, it NEVER works like that. You either wait up there for hours or your spot is taken by another because you were too late.

OK, I am starting to think that the company i drive for is forgetting to schedule delivery times with the receivers. Second time in a week I have arrived somewhere to deliver and found out we weren't expected :(

Am I the only person annoyed by this trend of posting videos of someone hearing a joke and then watching them laugh? Is that supposed to make the joke funnier?

No, it's designed to let the viewer know when to laugh, or that it's okay to laugh. It's the visual equivalent of a 1960s laugh track and an insult to viewers' intelligence.

Same with someone showing a picture-in-picture video of something else: and then pausing that video to explain it or comment on it. As if the viewer lacks the capacity to figure it out on their own! It implies that they think their viewers are blithering idiots who need everything explained to them.

Perhaps the younger generations need this because, otherwise, they wouldn't know when to laugh or have a clue what the video is about. If that's the case, my cause is lost and I'm part of the dying breed who has enough brain cells to rub together into a coherent, critical thought.

o_O

Back
Top Bottom