• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's been a long time!

MoodyBlues

Compassion is cool!
Hi there, AF buddies. (Give me time...I'll get used to its new name eventually.) I've been thinking about AF a lot lately, and how much I loved it because of its members, so I thought I'd pop in and say hi. I hope you're all doing well and life's been treating you nicely. I don't know who's still here, but I want any old-timers reading this to know how much you meant to me, especially at some very tough times. Some of you really felt like actual, real life friends, and I've missed you. :D

Oh Moody... how we have missed you too. We are friends.. never doubt that. We were all worried sick about you. Your health issues and then absence put the fear in many a heart. It is so good to see you and I do so hope that your health has improved. You have made my day girl!

Hi there, AF buddies. (Give me time...I'll get used to its new name eventually.) I've been thinking about AF a lot lately, and how much I loved it because of its members, so I thought I'd pop in and say hi. I hope you're all doing well and life's been treating you nicely. I don't know who's still here, but I want any old-timers reading this to know how much you meant to me, especially at some very tough times. Some of you really felt like actual, real life friends, and I've missed you. :D
Well the doctor gave me an at home colon cancer test in Sept. It turned out to be negitive.
I also been slowly battling with borderline diabetes.

MOOOOOOOOODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's so good to hear from you. i am so glad to know that you are ok at least. you have been sorely missed as you can see from the above posts.

and anybody who is an AF member ( i mean Early Bird Club member) is a friend of mine. in fact y'all are family (weird, i went cowboy there. not sure where that came from....LOL)

Great to hear from, like others have mentioned, we were worried sick, when many have posted in this forum trying to get a response from you, and wondering if all was well, so glad you popped in. Give us an update on what you been up too. Hope your feeling good and in a good place. ;) 👍

@MoodyBlues just don't pop in and disappear :saddroid: , you had a lot of people worried , so happy you're back:blushDroid::thumbsupdroid:
I'm sorry, Joe. :) I think it's just going to take a little time to get back into the swing of things.

I can't find the words to adequately express how humbled I am by the amazing, kind and caring sentiments you guys have posted. It's kind of reassuring to know I've been missed. Frankly, I stayed away because I just wasn't in a frame of mind where I could participate, and not bring everyone down...into the deep, dark abyss I found myself in.

Things are looking up, and I'm keeping busy 'working' on a handful of study/research/survey sites, e.g., CloudResearch, and its somehow-related Amazon MTurk, plus Prolific. I'm exposed to all kinds of interesting and challenging studies, including things like actual court cases, where I play the part of a juror. I really enjoy it, and it puts a little money in my pocket every month, too. :D

If there's anything notable you'd like to bring me up to date on, please do! I'm struggling to get used to the forum's new name and logo, plus I wonder WHY it reminds me...or makes me think about, EarlyMon? Anyone? Are you all okay? Life treating you kindly?

Moody. I hadn't known of you as long as others before I decided to remove my old username and account. I returned here recently with a similar name.

I'm sorry I could not get to @tommo's village here in Blightty, and pay respects or enquire!

I can only try to imagine how hard the last year has been for you.

Just assure us you are home with your great helper and friend and are partly mobile.

So happy that you are able to engage back in any activity you will excell at.

I know from keeping an eye out here that all of these responders on here are your real friends.

It may be difficult for you to re-engage, but you know they will always perk you up, and vice versa.
I'll slide on out of this thread at an ungodly hour here.

So amazing for everyone to hear from you.

Wishing you a happier, more fulfilling time ahead...
Tony.

Last edited:
Things are looking up, and I'm keeping busy 'working' on a handful of study/research/survey sites, e.g., CloudResearch, and its somehow-related Amazon MTurk, plus Prolific. I'm exposed to all kinds of interesting and challenging studies, including things like actual court cases, where I play the part of a juror. I really enjoy it, and it puts a little money in my pocket every month, too. :D

If there's anything notable you'd like to bring me up to date on, please do! I'm struggling to get used to the forum's new name and logo, plus I wonder WHY it reminds me...or makes me think about, EarlyMon? Anyone? Are you all okay? Life treating you kindly?
Busy is a very good thing. I can be non productive but I can not be idle. If you are doing anything that amuses you that has mental as well as monetary compensation it's a winner activity IMO. Good on you!
We are all struggling with AF morphing into something else. Rob is trying to create something that will attract members. I understand the need to remain relevant. The name change I truly struggle with. A lot of people knew and respected AF. To sever that tie seems unhealthy to me. However, I'm not the owner and I will be supportive of whatever keeps the door open. It is the common thread that if cut we all go our separate ways and that cuts deep into my soul.
Earl the Pearl... he touched us all with his immense intelligence and his gift of sharing that wealth with compassion and never condescending. He was a gift to all of us.
My personal big news while you were away was a major heart attack. After never being ill all of my life, I had what is coined a widow maker attack. I was luck to survive the event and have spent nearly a year now trying to figure out how to deal with less than stellar health. Trust me, I've always felt fortunate to live without a health concern but after the attack I really get it. Many suffer all of their lives and never complain. People are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom