• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 1 Click root app on the market

Thanks for the information. Has anyone done like a youtube video for the DX? I'm such a big chicken..........paid retail for the DX and can't afford to replace it - I'd have to steal my daughers ERIS if I did ..........

You can just do it, it's very easy. Even if you just root and install wireless tether, and don't get into anything deeper, there's literally no risk to your phone using this method.

OK, did the one click root. I think? Nothing came up on the screen but I did get a Superuser Icon. How do I remove the bloatware?

Okay so I have never rooted my phone and I am now thinking about rooting with this "one click" option. What happens after I delete the standard apps that verizon pushes to my phone and then I want to unroot? do those standard apps just come back as normal and how do you even unroot?

You download the 2.2 sbf and flash it and return your phone to stock. Just so you know, you don't HAVE to delete the verion apps just because you rooted.

More info here: http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...you-restore-back-original-phone-settings.html

You download the 2.2 sbf and flash it and return your phone to stock. Just so you know, you don't HAVE to delete the verion apps just because you rooted.

Well thats kind of why I want to root. I don't want those useless verizon apps that are on my phone. Can I do a full root using my macbook? Do I have to download any special programs to my mac inorder to root on my mac?

Well thats kind of why I want to root. I don't want those useless verizon apps that are on my phone. Can I do a full root using my macbook? Do I have to download any special programs to my mac inorder to root on my mac?

I have a macbook too, and no you do not need any special programs. With the method in this thread, you don't a computer at all.

I have a macbook too, and no you do not need any special programs. With the method in this thread, you don't a computer at all.

have you done the root where you use a computer? i have a friend that told me the one click root ins't a full root. if you reboot your phone does it take the root off? sorry im new to the whole rooting thing.

have you done the root where you use a computer? i have a friend that told me the one click root ins't a full root. if you reboot your phone does it take the root off? sorry im new to the whole rooting thing.

LOL, no problem - I actually asked that same question in this thread though. It is a full root. I did it, turned my phone off, and still have it.

And no, I haven't done the root with a computer. I was waiting for a one-click root like this one.

Okay one more question...will it delete any of my apps that I have downloaded? Will it delete anything at all once I do the one click root?

thanks for all your help.

Okay one more question...will it delete any of my apps that I have downloaded? Will it delete anything at all once I do the one click root?

thanks for all your help.

No, it will just finish and go back to the app's first screen. Your phone will look exactly the same. Go check your application drawer and the superuser icon will be there. Then you can follow the steps in the all-in-one guide to deodex your phone.

YAY! Thank you so much! I'm gonna do it now. Damn I feel like a nerd, but I'm so excited to do this. finally got the balls to do it.

It is currently downloading...I feel like a kid on christmas.
Should it take long to download?

Okay so I just got the "epic rooting fail" and it says usb debugging must be enabled in order for your visionary to run. what does that mean and how do i enable it?

Dang, man I think you just bricked it.

Just kidding.
Go into Settings - Applications - Development - Click USB Debugging, then try again.

Mine took over 10 minutes when it finally worked. You'll know it's working if the yellow sign flashes once, then again. Other people said it worked for them much sooner.

Yea mine isn't flashing or doing anything...just says rooting device, please wait. i think im gonna just be as patient as i can. grrrr. this is a hard task for me.

Probably bricking it slowly actually...

just kidding, just be patient, same thing happened to me. It takes a while. You can back out and try it again if you want.

it wont even let me back out...oh no...do i pull my battery? im nervous now.

its not letting me do anything! its just sitting there on the same screen saying rooting device, please wait with that little visionary icon. the little spinning red wheel in the top right corner has just stopped turning.

Back
Top Bottom