• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Update March. 26th

Well peolple just got a Google alert stating
from xda forum of two Sprint guy agreeing on that date!

so its not official. i highly doubt it come out at the end of the month but i'll be quite happy if it does. i think the earliest is april or may i heard otherwise it be out earlier then what sprint officially announced it. which was early Q2.

I will definitely be buying the Moment in April if the 2.1 update comes out before that. The only exception would be if a better phone like the nexus one will be offered by then. :)

its not that long, and i'm sure this is a definite... nobody would put out false information like that to people :rolleyes:

haha and he said it came from the xda developers forum. hm...:)
i'll take this with a grain of salt. no offense to op, u just gave us a date to look forward too. lol

I know everyone is really excited about the 2.1 update, but besides having a non-patched radio (I've heard 1.5 really wasn't designed for CDMA) what is it going to give the Moment that it doesn't do already?

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this one, but I'm a Berry/WinMo guy that just got his first taste of Droid last month on a Moment. So far so good. Just have to watch that widget compatibility I guess... lol

Google nav is the big one for me. but also the abilty to use google goggles. an updated market. there are a lot of apps in the market that require 1.6+ that we are just unable to use

you guys fail to realize that this is for the hero...the hero is supposed to get 2.1 before moment

the original post about the update also mentioned that the Moment would be updated 2 days later.

I still don't know if it's true or not, I've seen too many rumors about updates coming and none of them have been true. So I'll wait patiently until it actually does come (and enjoy the custom 2.1's that are out for the Hero already lol)

The thread says March 31st is the Samsung Moment release for Android 2.1 and March 26th is the release for HTC Hero.

Though I'm sure the actual dates will be a little later since insider information is usually not set in stone. Dates are only likely to be set in stone when the information has been officially released to the public.

Back
Top Bottom