• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Update March. 26th

Well now I just wanna throw my moment out a window as I just threw up a little in my mouth. I was reading about the korean 2.1 for moment over at SDX and it in fact has the dreaded worst UI ever known as touchmywiz. I don't know if I will even take a chance on waiting to find out now. I have till the 3rd to return the moment to Best Buy and I just might have to.

do you have a link to the Korean UI?

I actualy kinda of agree with DBpaddler. It would really be nice if all android phones just ran the same OS but then as we know all the hardware would have to be the same and it doens't work that way. I like the moment and I will be happy when 2.1 is ready. As you can tell even droid aowners are unhappy they are getting a delay too. Hero users are probably the same. I don't like that HTC hero will get 2.1 with our Moment. They have to upgrade Sense to work with it. We shouldn't have to wait as long. If that is a deal that sprint is holding up samsung then that is just wrong.

Well now I just wanna throw my moment out a window as I just threw up a little in my mouth. I was reading about the korean 2.1 for moment over at SDX and it in fact has the dreaded worst UI ever known as touchmywiz. I don't know if I will even take a chance on waiting to find out now. I have till the 3rd to return the moment to Best Buy and I just might have to.

If this is in fact true...I'm selling my moment and reactivating my old LG rumor until the EVO drops...then I'm staying away from samsung.

do you have a link to the Korean UI?

No I don't. If you want a link to the ROM I think they have it here download firmware 2.1 M100S (korean CDMA) version

if you just wanna see what touchwiz looks like, check out the behold 2. The bottom of screen is cut off to make buttons, the app drawer is moved over to the left side of the screen so you slide it open from left to right. Then if you try to slide it back from right to left to close you almost always open an app you didn't want to. They also moved/hid some of the settings options under a second menu-settings option. My Behold 2 actually ran faster with Panda home. It just sucks.

Well I decided I couldn't take the chance. I took my moment back to best buy today and got the hero. No way I want to get stuck on 1.5 when the 2.1 update comes out. If I had to wait for 2.1 to be rooted and custom ROMs to be made who knows how long that would take. So far I am not missing the moment at all. Solid EVDO connection and no data freeze when tethering.

Well I decided I couldn't take the chance. I took my moment back to best buy today and got the hero. No way I want to get stuck on 1.5 when the 2.1 update comes out. If I had to wait for 2.1 to be rooted and custom ROMs to be made who knows how long that would take. So far I am not missing the moment at all. Solid EVDO connection and no data freeze when tethering.
NO! WAIT! COME BACK!!! WE NEED YOU!!!:eek:

NO! WAIT! COME BACK!!! WE NEED YOU!!!:eek:

Lol, I'm sorry. I really loved the moment but it just didn't work out. The thought of Touchwiz on my phone again just made me sick to my stomach too. Anyway, my moment needed to be returned no matter what as I was having way too many issues and even the oreo effect started happening. The funniest part was my conversation with one of the best buy employees.

He showed me his motorola cliq and told me how his had the same movement as mine, and he said all sliders are loose like this. He tells me how he loves android and will never have another kind of phone. Then I explained how I was concerned that Samsung might put Touchwiz on the moment when they update to 2.1. Well he says, "Oh no don't worry, if Samsung does some kind of update you don't have to use it, they will just put it in the market and you can download it if you want. And don't worry it will just be an app it won't affect your windows on your phone or anything."

I had all I could do to hold back the laughter. I know these guys are not able to know everything about the products they sell, but this level of ignorance is just uncalled for. How can you love a linux phone and say it is running windows? As for the updates going into the market, I mean really???

Welcome to the Dark Side, you'll love it here.:D The Hero runs great, I wouldn't be concerned if we never got an update.

Welcome to the Dark Side, you'll love it here.:D The Hero runs great, I wouldn't be concerned if we never got an update.

So far I am loving it. Not even rooted yet but wired tether works amazing, almost makes me sorry I scheduled the cable company to come out tomorrow and set up my cable modem. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just love that the phone is not switching in and out of EVDO and that I don't have to worry about it locking up from tethering. Also, I was concerned it wouldn't be fast enough coming from the moment with the faster processor, but this thing is as fast as my moment was and it hasn't even been rooted yet or had the useless stock apps removed.

One of the biggest surprises to me was how I kept wanting my Moment to do certain things like visual bookmarks, a nice twitter widget, weather and clock widget like the hero's.... However none of the solutions I found seemed to be just right. Then I go and setup the Hero and it was all there just how I wanted it.

Back
Top Bottom