• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Update March. 26th

and the bejeweled app

Why would it remove the bejeweled app? The NFL one I can see as Sprint is not renewing the contract with the NFL. But word has it that Sprint is coming out with a different Sprint branded app at the end of the month, so I'm wondering if this caused any delays to the 2.1 release.

Why would it remove the bejeweled app?

wishful thinking.

I just mentioned it because it is one of the apps that can not be removed...for whatever reason.

I feel like, it's my phone; I should be able to remove what I want.

wishful thinking.

I just mentioned it because it is one of the apps that can not be removed...for whatever reason.

I feel like, it's my phone; I should be able to remove what I want.

If you root your phone you can remove that and the other pre-installed apps on your device. I know this is off topic, so if you need help in doing that check out the rooting sub-forum on here.

Well I used the alternate home apps and they either lag lag lag or force close too often! I was under the impression that they would figure this as a bug or two but I was wrong cause no one else seemed to have these issues! I hate the lock screen thing cause its just the same and two apps fighting to force close is just too much! Compile the sht it takes to make me happy and sht the fck up is what I'll tell them dudes! Oh and hurry up! I said a moment, not all day!

i have been using pandahome for a few months. never force closes on me. i use the bar min of it though. i only use 3 screens. no theme options at all(i like the stock android look) but it comes with sidebars that i don't think i could live without.

pandahome is free in the market, regularly updated, and can use themes from ahome openhome and atleast one more but i don't remember off the top of my head.

Well, I guess we will see how valid the source info is since he says Touch Pro 2 gets WinMo 6.5 on 3/10 tomorrow eventhough that has nothing to do with 2.1 it would imply the accuracy of the sprint email..

Edit: Delivery to Sprint on 3/12

I have a hard enough time keeping up with Moment news, there's no time to keep up with other phones. Did the Touch Pro 2 get it's update? I'm guessing no since this post was pretty far from the current lists.

So has anyone heard this is offical yet or if this is fake?

Sprint did say that 2.1 was coming out early 2nd Quarter so it is quite possible we might see it on the 31st, although it one of those I'll see it to believe it things.

EDIT: What's weird is that we saw a leaked CL14 rom before the official came out, so far there's been nothing regarding 2.1

if it were coming out at the end of the month then i would expect some kind of official announcement by now.

if it were coming out at the end of the month then i would expect some kind of official announcement by now.

I don't think Sprint does any offcial announcements for updates until it's actually released, on occasion we will see a leaked internal notice a week before it's out.

Either Samsung is almost leak tight or the update may be farther away than we think. Every phone or pda I've owned has had any major system update leak several weeks to several months before the official release. How long has the Hero had unofficial 2.1 now? Maybe Samsung just keeps things closer to the vest than HTC? That's what I'm hoping for because everything being equal, the plain jane Android Moment should get updated before the SenseUI Hero.

Completely off topic, but the Moto Droid OTA update begins Thursday... So much for the Moment beating the Droid out of the gate for the 2.1 upgrade...

Completely off topic, but the Moto Droid OTA update begins Thursday... So much for the Moment beating the Droid out of the gate for the 2.1 upgrade...

I don't think anyone expected The Moment to beat the droid in the 2.1 update.

Posted the 17th...

• Let your customers know we are actively working on having the Android 2.1 platform available to our Hero and Moment customers over the coming weeks.

• Look for more information coming in April about Android 2.1 platform for Hero and Moment.

Samsung took over 6 months after the phones release just to develop the tools for the Moment to be updated OTW, OTA is at least a decade away at that pace.

Back
Top Bottom