• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Update March. 26th

This is great and all but you guys are forgetting that sprint them selves said early Q2 it will not be before then but oh how i hope I'm wrong

I don't know anything about the 2.1 update, but I know an amusing thread when I read it. Thanks for the link LincKraker!

Here's hoping for an end of the month update. If it takes longer, what can we do but wait right?

Does anyone know if it is going to wipe the phone like the CL14 update did?

Here's hoping for an end of the month update. If it takes longer, what can we do but wait right?

Does anyone know if it is going to wipe the phone like the CL14 update did?

i'm pretty sure it will. wats unusual is the cl14 update. usually firmware updates don't require it but since the cl14 changed the partitions of the memory it needed to be wiped.

Well, I guess we will see how valid the source info is since he says Touch Pro 2 gets WinMo 6.5 on 3/10 tomorrow eventhough that has nothing to do with 2.1 it would imply the accuracy of the sprint email..

Edit: Delivery to Sprint on 3/12

Flash doesn't belong in the mobile world. It's fine without it.

Thats heavily debatable, and 99.99% of people who make these comments, have no clue how heavily integrated flash really is, and what it is capable of and utilized for.

Just get me my megavideo and hulu so I can shut up! I want faster UI and more screens for widgets. Give me a better lock screen if you will bigger contact pictures a faster radio for calls less battery drain and ..... matter of fact just gimme the stuff I need to root it and I can get all dat! I want too Damn much! Show me the next full qwerty keyboard Android on the roster. I'm not talking on screen! Can't text this fast on that!

Thats heavily debatable, and 99.99% of people who make these comments, have no clue how heavily integrated flash really is, and what it is capable of and utilized for.
Rite; It is most important for me just as well as it is for many others...

could care less about flash. doesn't make me anymore productive with my phone, and 95% of what I do on the web is just down and dirty. Give me the info I want and then get the heck out. So not a deciding factor in choosing a phone. Now better PIM functionality and a GUI that doesn't trip all over itself is a different story...

text on the interweb = fact!

Nothing on the internet is a lie! Everything we search are based on facts! Al Gore invented the interweb, why would he lie to us? He has no reason too! Like the Onion News!!! Completely real news! The other news sites just word everything differently! LOL!!!!

Nothing on the internet is a lie! Everything we search are based on facts! Al Gore invented the interweb, why would he lie to us? He has no reason too! Like the Onion News!!! Completely real news! The other news sites just word everything differently! LOL!!!!

He invented global warming too!

Ok, just got this hot off the 'repress' in Adobe land...

"HTC hero has MSM 7x series chipset, which is ARM 11 based (it has ARM 9 modem and ARM 11 application processor), clock speed is around 500 MHz. Even if the CPU is 500MHz, becuase flash runs in the context of the browser, effective CPU cycle flash gets is much lesser than 500Hz, would depend on OS and browser load.

There are many reasons Flash 10.1 wouldn't be able to run on HTC hero, let's just say that HTC hero wouldn't be able to drive Flash 10.1 effectively."

This means a) the processor in the Hero is too slow to run flash effectively - no update for Hero. b) there is still no mention of the faster processor in the Moment NOT being fast enough - which probably means more testing before they officially cut it off the list. c) the 'new' Moment hardware is rumored to ship with a 1Ghz DTV chipset? Anyone hear more about this - and if so, it would be compatible.

Anyone?

Dunno. All I ever see flash used for outside of my daughter's facebook games is advertising. That's the main reason I'm using Firefox with Ad Aware and Flashblock. Never had much use for it.

I can live without flash.

Dunno. All I ever see flash used for outside of my daughter's facebook games is advertising. That's the main reason I'm using Firefox with Ad Aware and Flashblock. Never had much use for it.

I can live without flash.

People need their Farmville access 24/7, be able to play other games on their phone, and go to video sites that aren't youtube. Even if there was Flash on the Moment or Hero, it'd barely chug along and you'd find yourself with a dead battery quickly. I'd also prefer not to have my browser have even longer render times because some site wanted to include 12 Flash ads on their site and didn't bother to make a mobile friendly website. I can think of no other reasons to have Flash on my phone other than to avoid doing work while at work.

going to hulu and ch131 and actually being able to watch videos would be amazing on a phone... that is all i have to say about flash and the ONLY reason i want it

Flash video will be deprecated with HTML5 video using H.264 (or whatever codec the site wants). Android already has a H.264 codec built-in and most browsers already support HTML5 video. All that would have to be done is update the browsers available on Android to support HTML5 and have video sites use HTML5 video and use Flash as a fallback in case the person is using a browser that doesn't support HTML5 video. Youtube is already doing just that.

Just get me my megavideo and hulu so I can shut up! I want faster UI and more screens for widgets. Give me a better lock screen if you will bigger contact pictures a faster radio for calls less battery drain and ..... matter of fact just gimme the stuff I need to root it and I can get all dat! I want too Damn much! Show me the next full qwerty keyboard Android on the roster. I'm not talking on screen! Can't text this fast on that!

you can get more screens and a better lockscreen without root you just need an alternative home such as pandahome gde or openhome and different lock screen such as lockbot or lock 2.0.

Back
Top Bottom