• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All Things Star Wars

As for VII, VIII and IX, did the person directing these, ever see the Originals? Were they aware that Star Wars a thing?

When Disney bought Lucasfilm, George Lucas handed over his outlines for the last three movies. Disney promptly tossed them. JJ Abrams directed Episode VII, which was bad enough. When Rian Johnson thoroughly destroyed Episode VIII and enraged fans, Disney turned to Abrams to do damage control, clean up Johnson's mess and wrap up the saga in one final movie. This was complicated by Carrie Fisher's death because the last movie was going to be all about Leia. Kudos to Abrams for using enough excess footage to edit Carrie into scenes and give her a prominent role, despite her not being there!

So what did Disney do to Rian Johnson for almost single-handedly ruining the franchise? Why, they awarded him with his own future trilogy, what else? Lucasfilm shepherded Star Wars and did everything they could to protect it as the treasured saga it is (was). Disney is treating it as an ATM, milking it for every dollar they can get out of it.

For the uninitiated who have never watched Star Wars, I always advise them to NEVER watch it in episode order! It ruins the suspense of the original trilogy. Rather, I encourage them to watch it in order of production. The only exception is Rogue One, which needs to be first in what's known as a modified machete order:

Rogue One
Episode IV - A New Hope
Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
Episode I - The Phantom Menace
Episode II - Attack of the Clones
Episode II - Revenge of the Sith
Episode VII - The Force Awakens
Episode VIII - The Last Jedi
Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

(Note that I did not include Solo. If someone absolutely must watch that atrocity, they can watch it first before Rogue One. I maintain it's one of Ron Howard's worst films ever; and Disney only brought him in because they fired the first directors for really botching it - and not even Ron could do much with the garbage script he was handed. The plot has more black holes than the universe, where story and believability get sucked in and never recover.)

BTW I told Cortana to execute Order 66. Her response?

"I have a bad feeling about this."

:D

(Which, incidentally, is the only line spoken in all nine movies)

Last edited:
:D:D:D

StarWarsColoring.jpg

After doing the lockdown and the quarantining and ripping through a virtual endless supply of streaming material.
I found myself, at the end. Nothing left to watch. I decided to give the final installments of the Skywalker saga a go.

Solo and Rogue One were enjoyable.

As for VII,VIII and IX, did the person directing these, ever see the Originals? Were they aware that Star Wars a thing?
i actually did not mind the Force Awakens....it is my favorite of the last trilogy.

When Disney bought Lucasfilm, George Lucas handed over his outlines for the last three movies. Disney promptly tossed them. JJ Abrams directed Episode VII, which was bad enough. When Rian Johnson thoroughly destroyed Episode VIII and enraged fans, Disney turned to Abrams to do damage control, clean up Johnson's mess and wrap up the saga in one final movie. This was complicated by Carrie Fisher's death because the last movie was going to be all about Leia. Kudos to Abrams for using enough excess footage to edit Carrie into scenes and give her a prominent role, despite her not being there!

So what did Disney do to Rian Johnson for almost single-handedly ruining the franchise? Why, they awarded him with his own future trilogy, what else? Lucasfilm shepherded Star Wars and did everything they could to protect it as the treasured saga it is (was). Disney is treating it as an ATM, milking it for every dollar they can get out of it.

For the uninitiated who have never watched Star Wars, I always advise them to NEVER watch it in episode order! It ruins the suspense of the original trilogy. Rather, I encourage them to watch it in order of production. The only exception is Rogue One, which needs to be first in what's known as a modified machete order:

Rogue One
Episode IV - A New Hope
Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
Episode I - The Phantom Menace
Episode II - Attack of the Clones
Episode II - Revenge of the Sith
Episode VII - The Force Awakens
Episode VIII - The Last Jedi
Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

(Note that I did not include Solo. If someone absolutely must watch that atrocity, they can watch it first before Rogue One. I maintain it's one of Ron Howard's worst films ever; and Disney only brought him in because they fired the first directors for really botching it - and not even Ron could do much with the garbage script he was handed. The plot has more black holes than the universe, where story and believability get sucked in and never recover.)

BTW I told Cortana to execute Order 66. Her response?

"I have a bad feeling about this."

:D

(Which, incidentally, is the only line that spoken in all nine movies)

i actually did not mind the Force Awakens....it is my favorite of the last trilogy.

So, disclaimer... I enjoyed, on some level, all the new movies. *But* they were a total train wreck. TFA was the best of the 3 because it had the most potential, imo. *And* if JJ had a plan, and was in charge of entire trilogy, it would have been better, at least more cohesive.

Star Wars deserved better than having 3 movies that were barely related at all. No plan, no direction, no consistency. That part was AWFUL. Shame on Kennedy, and Disney, for letting it go down like that. The discarded Ep 9 screenplay looked amazing, and that at least seemed liek it would be a real conclusion, not the garbage we got.

But I digress.

Also, Filoni and Favreau need to be in charge.

So, disclaimer... I enjoyed, on some level, all the new movies. *But* they were a total train wreck. TFA was the best of the 3 because it had the most potential, imo. *And* if JJ had a plan, and was in charge of entire trilogy, it would have been better, at least more cohesive.

Star Wars deserved better than having 3 movies that were barely related at all. No plan, no direction, no consistency. That part was AWFUL. Shame on Kennedy, and Disney, for letting it go down like that. The discarded Ep 9 screenplay looked amazing, and that at least seemed liek it would be a real conclusion, not the garbage we got.

But I digress.

Also, Filoni and Favreau need to be in charge.
oh yeah i totally agree. i think Lucas should have some clause in his deal with Disney to have final approval before it gets released. the lack of cohesion and direction is what ultimately doomed the last 3 movies. but i thought the first film was a decent way to start them off.

i also agree F and F should be the ones in charge of the whole franchise. what they are doing with Disney+ is amazing. i can't wait for the Bad Batch to begin. it looks fantastic!!!!

It just came out yesterday, Tuesday...... Lol

Gonna probably re-watch it over the weekend. I'm sure I missed some Easter eggs.

You have to be current with the Clone Wars animated series.... especially season 7 when the Bad Batch was first introduced.

if you have the time i would strongly recommend, that you watch Star Wars: the Clone Wars animated series. it is very good and covers a lot of cool story lines. it is set in between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. it is really good considering it was made for younger folks, but the stories are great.....and you get to see how Anakin and Ahsoka grows up threw out the series. it will give you some background as to what will becoming out in the future as well some of the new series that's put now.....shows such as the Mandalorian and the Bad Batch as well as upcoming shows Book of Bobba Fett and Ahsoka.

and then if you are feeling adventurous......Rebels is just as cool. there are talks of other animated series revolving around characters from that show.

if you have the time i would strongly recommend, that you watch Star Wars: the Clone Wars animated series. it is very good and covers a lot of cool story lines. it is set in between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. it is really good considering it was made for younger folks, but the stories are great.....and you get to see how Anakin and Ahsoka grows up threw out the series. it will give you some background as to what will becoming out in the future as well some of the new series that's put now.....shows such as the Mandalorian and the Bad Batch as well as upcoming shows Book of Bobba Fett and Ahsoka.

and then if you are feeling adventurous......Rebels is just as cool. there are talks of other animated series revolving around characters from that show.
I think I have seen Clone Wars on Toonami :) I should rewatch it again man, thanks for the heads up :)

It just came out yesterday, Tuesday...... Lol

Gonna probably re-watch it over the weekend. I'm sure I missed some Easter eggs.

You have to be current with the Clone Wars animated series.... especially season 7 when the Bad Batch was first introduced.

Screencrush has the best easter egg/backstory breakdowns fwiw

I found Ep2 to be a bit more kiddie, which is obviously not a surprise, but I'm really hoping they keep me hooked. I gave up on Rebels early because I couldn't stomach the little kid angst vibe they had going.

Screencrush has the best easter egg/backstory breakdowns fwiw

I found Ep2 to be a bit more kiddie, which is obviously not a surprise, but I'm really hoping they keep me hooked. I gave up on Rebels early because I couldn't stomach the little kid angst vibe they had going.
rebels was kind of like the story of Ahsoka.she started way immature, but we got to see her grow up. Rebels was the same way......give it some time and the story gets waaaaay better. i would take the time to revisit Rebels......because there are going to be some spinoffs of it. plus Rebels really goes into the lore of the Mandolorians.

rebels was kind of like the story of Ahsoka.she started way immature, but we got to see her grow up. Rebels was the same way......give it some time and the story gets waaaaay better. i would take the time to revisit Rebels......because there are going to be some spinoffs of it. plus Rebels really goes into the lore of the Mandolorians.

I didn't make it anywhere close to Ashoka being introduced, lol. I made it through maybe only a handful of season 1 episodes. Ezra got on my nerves so bad I had to stop, lol

Back
Top Bottom