• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android needs to market to females

MyTouch Commercial and Recently the Garminfone already do this. Robots are Verizon's thing. T-mobile is more of what you want if you ask for how it affects your life type of commercials.

I saw the mytouch Whoopi/Phil jackson commercials and they weren't really that compelling. Show how voice search and google nav can be used, not some silly animated mouth app. Verizon tries to do this but they need to show it being used by humans.

Ahahahahahaha.

Yes, finding sexist jokes amusing is a great mark of maturity.

Well, since you have yet to back up any of your points with the least bit of knowledge, I'm going to assume that "ahah..." was for a lack of a better word. It's pretty obvious we're ahead of other societies. If you can't see that, then you're oblivious.

You seem to be pretty good at quoting me, how come you didn't quote my part about your judgement of our race and sexuality? I'm curious how you can come to such rash conclusions. Please, enlighten me with your maturity.

To clarify my post about not many women instantly wanting an Android device... I said that not "many" women feel that way when they see an Android commercial, as compared to say... the iPhone commercials. On my Facebook news feed, I saw so many women that went crazy for the iPhone 4 when it was announced. Apple definitely knows how to market. I NEVER see women doing that for any Android device... never. I'm sure there are that do, but not amongst my female friends who are 18-25 age bracket. I do see guys though get excited for an Android device though.

I'm female, with alltel. But want the Droid Incredible.

Attachments

• Android Avatar pk.jpg
    Android Avatar pk.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 164
To clarify my post about not many women instantly wanting an Android device... I said that not "many" women feel that way when they see an Android commercial, as compared to say... the iPhone commercials. On my Facebook news feed, I saw so many women that went crazy for the iPhone 4 when it was announced. Apple definitely knows how to market. I NEVER see women doing that for any Android device... never. I'm sure there are that do, but not amongst my female friends who are 18-25 age bracket. I do see guys though get excited for an Android device though.

My question is? How many of these women you speak of are already Apple product owners and therefore already have ties to the brand.

I feel you are reading in to much into the advertising, and are belittling women by assuming the DROID ads do not speak to women who would appreciate the product. Droid is separating it's self by portraying itself as more advanced than the iPhone, but capable of the same tasks. True or not, it is the ad concept. I'm sure a lot of survey's were done, and the concepts chosen were quite specific to what was seen as the best market approach. Let's face it Apple has the "fashion phone" approach locked--especially with customers who own their other products. The competition has to use another approach. I'm pretty certain better advertising minds than you or me or those on this site are working on it.

Everybody knows women aren't on the intertubes!

Really, I don't think any company with an Android phone is advertising properly. I find the commercials very....bland and unimaginative.

sigh...

and yet another woman here just to prove the comments wrong.

1) in the tech industry for 15+ yrs and certified in MCSE+ MCT ASE Novell (gag) A+ Toshiba Master certified, Hp certified blah blah blah ect....

2) android is HAWT

3) i despise apple products....however my hate extends to all proprietary companies like them

4) I play video games too...go figure

5) it is apparent that several men on this thread need to broaden their horizons as far as who they hang out with because they obviously aren't hanging out with the right women or men for that matter /grins

6) I waited for my android phone because I wanted one with ALL the bells and whistles and for me that was the Evo.

7) my husband now has one too...someone who doesnt even like phones liked the Evo

8) I loved the android commercials

9) pink makes me puke especially on handguns, which I own

10) my favorite tv station is...wait for it..... Syfy

Lets hear it for the technical/intelligent/attractive/android women

oh well if we are confessing tv shows :)

discovery channel

starz new show spartacus blood & sand is for women period...no men on this thread need watch it ;)

hbo trueblood

and i will confess to greys anatomy... i guess that really makes me a girl...but seriously mcdreamy & mcsteamy :p

oh well if we are confessing tv shows :)

discovery channel

starz new show spartacus blood & sand is for women period...no men on this thread need watch it ;)

hbo trueblood

and i will confess to greys anatomy... i guess that really makes me a girl...but seriously mcdreamy & mcsteamy :p

I was watching Trueblood with a girl the other day. She was so into it, telling me what was happening. I had trouble getting past the gap in Sookie's teeth. It wasn't thatttt bad. I don't get how there are vampires, dog/humans, mind readers, etc.

the show is based off a series of books by Charlaine Harris originally called the southern vampire series, main character sookie stackhouse. Now the boooks generally say the sookie stackhouse series....if you read then check them out

btw dog/humans are shifters which are different from werewolves or were anything

weres-controlled by the moon

shifters can change any time

there is a whole genre of books like this more urban fantasy/horror/paranormal romance are the categories it falls under in the book stores

Wow, you're an expert. I'm not big on the whole vampire thing. I haven't read a fictional story on my own time in quite a while either.

Anybody who still thinks an overwhelming concern about appearance rather than functionality is a predominantly female characteristic should read the thread about the new (and rather bulky) extended battery for the Incredible...:D

I am old (for this forum about 50) male (100%) hunt ,fish ,hike ,x kickboxer.
Your gendor has nothing to do with your fasination of technology. I am sure there are many women on here alot more tech savy then me. I am the I can afford the latest and want it. I probably will not use 1/1oth the features of my droid. I also ordered a incredible (2 one for me one for my wife). My wife will not use anything but the phone. Nothing macho about a phone.

sigh...

9) pink makes me puke especially on handguns, which I own

Lets hear it for the technical/intelligent/attractive/android women

Yay!
My AR-15 is painted in a green and purple camo pattern, does that make you puke? I hope not. :D

Pink guns make me throw up a little in my mouth too.

/threadjack over

Ah...first is the beginning...which means NOTHING to the general public. Sorry for the rant, but gesh...why don't these guys wise up? Don't focus on specs, focus on what your product can do for your customers.

I agree

Companies (Sprint/Verizon/T-Mobile) need to realize most people don't care about first. The do care about functionality. They care about how it will fit in their daily life. If I didn't know about the Evo the Sprint commercial surely didn't even peek my interest. If I lived under a rock and didn't know what an iPhone was the Apple commercial gave me a clue.

Let me correct myself right now T-Mobile did get it right with the Garminphone commercial I saw. They show people using the phone for what makes it unique.

For those of us who are spec happy tell us those spec. I love sports cars. Not for there looks as some might suggest. I love them for the speed and power those cars generally have. I want to know the Camaro does 0-60 in 4.6 sec (If I remember correctly). So Sprint don't you think I want to know that the Evo has one of the fastest cell phone processors out there the Snapdragon. For those that don't follow these forums or blogs. Shouldn't they know that.

Commercials are out there to make consumers say I want that.

IMO there doesn't need to be gender based marketing for the Android phones. We just need better marketing

btw
Don't tell me white people are more enlightened. example
I am walking down the street dressed business casual and a white lady dressed in jeans and a t-shirt clutches her purse a little tighter and looks for an way to not cross my patch or walks closer to the "thug" white kids to avoid me.
That is not enlightened.

Oh I laugh at all jokes if they are funny. (Sexist, Racist)
That does make me more mature. For realizing they are just jokes and taking them for what the are worth.

Biggest sign of immaturity is taking something that is meant to be funny and getting all upset about that joke.

Sorry about that. There is a lot wrong with this thread. Those were the things I just had to comment on.

I agree

Companies (Sprint/Verizon/T-Mobile) need to realize most people don't care about first. The do care about functionality. They care about how it will fit in their daily life. If I didn't know about the Evo the Sprint commercial surely didn't even peek my interest. If I lived under a rock and didn't know what an iPhone was the Apple commercial gave me a clue.

Let me correct myself right now T-Mobile did get it right with the Garminphone commercial I saw. They show people using the phone for what makes it unique.

For those of us who are spec happy tell us those spec. I love sports cars. Not for there looks as some might suggest. I love them for the speed and power those cars generally have. I want to know the Camaro does 0-60 in 4.6 sec (If I remember correctly). So Sprint don't you think I want to know that the Evo has one of the fastest cell phone processors out there the Snapdragon. For those that don't follow these forums or blogs. Shouldn't they know that.

Commercials are out there to make consumers say I want that.

IMO there doesn't need to be gender based marketing for the Android phones. We just need better marketing

btw
Don't tell me white people are more enlightened. example
I am walking down the street dressed business casual and a white lady dressed in jeans and a t-shirt clutches her purse a little tighter and looks for an way to not cross my patch or walks closer to the "thug" white kids to avoid me.
That is not enlightened.

Oh I laugh at all jokes if they are funny. (Sexist, Racist)
That does make me more mature. For realizing they are just jokes and taking them for what the are worth.

Biggest sign of immaturity is taking something that is meant to be funny and getting all upset about that joke.

Sorry about that. There is a lot wrong with this thread. Those were the things I just had to comment on.

Agreed but snapdragon is not the fastest processor for mobile phones.

Performance wise the Galaxy S humming bird processor is faster. Thought you should know.

Market to females?!!

One has to be kidding or deranged!

I am 63 years old. My wife is 62 years old. She reads Engadget every day, as do I. She decide that she must have the Moto Droid, and acquired it within a day or two of its release on Verizon Wireless.

My wife is a medical professional. Her colleagues are largely female, and every one of her colleagues have said that they want an Android phone. In my area, that means a Verizon Android phone, since ATT's phones suck big time here due to limited connectivity, especially for simple phone calls.

I have to say that females are as techno aware, on average, as males are. Females seem to go to the sites like gizmodo and engadget far more than males to in order to find the information base on which to make an informed purchase.

Q

Back
Top Bottom