• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Gun owners out there?

I got a buddy that has a 26 that he cc's. I've seen his jam several different times. Could be the ammo, dunno. I got a Kahr CW40 for the little things in life. ;)

I suspect operator error. This can be in the form of improper cleaning (least likely) defective part (possible, but not highly likely) bad ammo selection (also not as likely) or limp wristing it... this one is what I see more often than not whenever a Glock doesn't feed reliably which isn't often.

oh i love them, it just takes a conscious effort for me to shoot them well. the 1911 grip angle is just natural for me.

i even went so far as almost going the CCF Raceframe path...but that negates the best aspect of the GLOCK pistols, great pistol for a decent price. i'm not going to pay another $320 plus armorer fees just to have a GLOCK with a 1911 grip angle.

if i'm going to pay upwards of $800 for a pistol, i'll just buy an HK.

oh i love them, it just takes a conscious effort for me to shoot them well. the 1911 grip angle is just natural for me.

i even went so far as almost going the CCF Raceframe path...but that negates the best aspect of the GLOCK pistols, great pistol for a decent price. i'm not going to pay another $320 plus armorer fees just to have a GLOCK with a 1911 grip angle.

if i'm going to pay upwards of $800 for a pistol, i'll just buy an HK.

No, I was agreeing with you. I'm fortunate in that Glocks just 'point' well for me out of the box. I can take a $500 handgun out of the box and shoot it well w/o any modifications or familiarizing required and that's a good thing. I wish that sort of luck on everyone. I can't do that with a 1911 and my 1911's all require LOTs of work and massaging to make run well at the level I require them to run at. They look pretty but are just too much effort to get them to run flawlessly at a high level.

i knew you were sympathizing with me. i was just explaining my position.

i'm stuck with spending $700+ for SIGs and HKs...not that it's a bad thing, hehe.

I shall resurrect a dead thread. :P

Glock 27 .40 (with a 9mm barrel as well), 30 .45ACP, and Gen4 20 10mm.

Love them. Especially the 20. :)

Hm, perhaps I'll start a glock/handgun/gun forum ;)

Edit: BTW bobcat, my wife and son FTE or FTC the 9mm (basically the 26..) regularly due to limpwristing. Gotta really hold it firm for that round to cycle the slide, in my experience.

Edit 2: Because I like commenting on year old stuff - Frisco, there's now a "slim" version of the 30, the 30S. FYI.. :)

Do not have a Glock, but have a 38 special double action revolver snub nose that I use for conceal carry.

My dad has a 45, a .357 double action snub nose, and a 22 he bought for my mom to use.

Then we also have an AR styled 223 that is legally registered as a handgun, the thing that makes it a handgun is the 8'' barrel, pistol grip and no stock, nothing can go on the buffer tube.

My father in law just got a .22LR / .22 Magnum Taurus 992 for plinking, I'm pretty eager to try it out.

I'd like to get a .22 myself just for good fun at a much cheaper rate. Cost a bunch every time I go to the range. :\

Here's my G36
MyG36_wm.jpg

Cheaper indeed!

to me, shooting for fun doesn't matter what size bullet you shoot, just as long as you enjoy doing it!

Cheaper indeed!

to me, shooting for fun doesn't matter what size bullet you shoot, just as long as you enjoy doing it!

Can't afford to shoot as much as I would like. A box of .45 acp at Wal-Mart cost near $40 for 100 c.t.

Can't afford to shoot as much as I would like. A box of .45 acp at Wal-Mart cost near $40 for 100 c.t.

Shoot 9mm. Twice as much shooting (plus higher capacity and lower recoil) for the same buying dollar. I sit back and think of how much I would have spent over the years on 9mm as much as I shoot and cringe to think if all that had been .45acp. That doesn't mean I don't shoot other handgun rounds it just means that the lions share is 9mm.

Yeah. I get 9mm for around 15 a box of 50. 18 for .40, 25 for .45 and 34 for 10mm.

Or so. It changes a lot.

Unfortunately the G20 is my favorite to shoot. :/

But .22LR would be so much cheaper.. It would easily be shot a lot for the plinking fun. I am super tempted.

Shoot 9mm. Twice as much shooting (plus higher capacity and lower recoil) for the same buying dollar. I sit back and think of how much I would have spent over the years on 9mm as much as I shoot and cringe to think if all that had been .45acp. That doesn't mean I don't shoot other handgun rounds it just means that the lions share is 9mm.

I don't have a 9mm. I've been thinking of getting this:
tmp_springfield_xdm_45_1-tfb.jpg

I shall resurrect a dead thread. :P

Glock 27 .40 (with a 9mm barrel as well), 30 .45ACP, and Gen4 20 10mm.

How well does that barrel switching work? What does it all entail? I've heard of it but haven't had the bravery to try it out.

Love them. Especially the 20. :)

Hm, perhaps I'll start a glock/handgun/gun forum ;)

Boy, would I love that. I'm up to two Glocks now with a couple others and my eye on more if prices ever return to normal. I'm a member of another gun forum, something tells me you'd steal my activity from that place. Ha.

Easy, field strip, pull out one barrel, pop in the other. :P In this case anyway that works well for me. Well, with a 9mm mag. The 26 and 27 have the same frame so that works out well and the extration components are close enough to work fine.

Not always that easy though.

My wife though, as she doesn't have the grip to hold it firm enough for the 9mm to push that slide back, I had to order her a stainless steel guide rod with a reduce weight recoil spring.

Got it today, can't wait to try it. See attached.
Doesn't look too bad.

Glock 27 with 9mm barrel, stainless steel guide rod, reduced weight recoil spring, extended slide and mag releases, and mag extension for extra round and extended grip.

The 27 was for my wife, but the .40 out of that little guy is too much for her (for many people! It's considered one of (or the) the hardest glocks to tame. Too much kick for too little a gun. .40 is a pretty high pressure round.. )

SO, since it's the one that fits her hand we decided to try the 9mm barrel. Well, she likes it much better BUT it doesn't have the power to cycle the slide reliably for her or my son, they just can't seem to hold it firm enough. So, I got the 2lb lighter spring. We will hopefully find out this weekend if this works for her.

The barrel and spring/guide rod are for her ability to handle. The extended releases are for ease, as they really do make it easier, and the extended grip is to give a little more of something to hold on to for the kick for all of us.

All that said, I do love it - because it's just so small, easy to conceal It fits in my robe pocket without enough weight to cause it to undo my waist band. When I wear it in waist band it's much more comfortable than the others.
Several glocks have several barrels available by Lone Wolf, Storm Lake, couple others. The 30 can take a.. umm.. I think .357sig, 10mm, and 460 Rowland.

My 20 is fully stock, the 30 has just an extended slide release. I might put stock back..

As for the forum, heck, if a few more people seem interested I might do it. What's one more in the mix of all the rest, and I would really love one :) Especially if some groundwork could be laid.

Attachments

• 20130311_181302.jpg
    20130311_181302.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 20130311_181237.jpg
    20130311_181237.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 20130311_181405.jpg
    20130311_181405.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 215
Easy, field strip, pull out one barrel, pop in the other. :P In this case anyway that works well for me. Well, with a 9mm mag. The 26 and 27 have the same frame so that works out well and the extration components are close enough to work fine.

My wife though, as she doesn't have the grip to hold it firm enough for the 9mm to push that slide back, I had to order her a stainless steel guide rod with a reduce weight recoil spring.

Doesn't look too bad.

Glock 27 with 9mm barrel, stainless steel guide rod, reduced weight recoil spring, extended slide and mag releases, and mag extension for extra round and extended grip.

The 27 was for my wife, but the .40 out of that little guy is too much for her (for many people! It's considered one of (or the) the hardest glocks to tame. Too much kick for too little a gun. .40 is a pretty high pressure round.. )

SO, since it's the one that fits her hand we decided to try the 9mm barrel. Well, she likes it much better BUT it doesn't have the power to cycle the slide reliably for her or my son, they just can't seem to hold it firm enough. So, I got the 2lb lighter spring. We will hopefully find out this weekend if this works for her.

The barrel and spring/guide rod are for her ability to handle. The extended releases are for ease, as they really do make it easier, and the extended grip is to give a little more of something to hold on to for the kick for all of us.

All that said, I do love it - because it's just so small, easy to conceal It fits in my robe pocket without enough weight to cause it to undo my waist band. When I wear it in waist band it's much more comfortable than the others.
Several glocks have several barrels available by Lone Wolf, Storm Lake, couple others. The 30 can take a.. umm.. I think .357sig, 10mm, and 460 Rowland.

My 20 is fully stock, the 30 has just an extended slide release. I might put stock back..

As for the forum, heck, if a few more people seem interested I might do it. What's one more in the mix of all the rest, and I would really love one :) Especially if some groundwork could be laid.

Thanks for the info! And as for another forum count me in! I'm quite the enthusiast and would love a familiar community to talk firearms with.

What generation is your wife's glock? I know some of the gen 4's have had FTE issues depending on the spring....so it may be something you want to look out for.

I also just realized I never shared pictures! How rude! Let's fix that.

Attachments

Nice :)

The 20 is Gen4, the other two are Gen3. Here are some pics of the 30, 20, and all together.

Attachments

• 20130311_201413.jpg
    20130311_201413.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 20130311_201437.jpg
    20130311_201437.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 20130311_201707.jpg
    20130311_201707.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 20130311_201736.jpg
    20130311_201736.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 248

Doesn't look too bad.

Might want to keep an eye on your wife's wrist(s) and form. My wife has 9mm Glocks and has no problem with hers.

Yep, Lone Wolf.. :)

She can shoot standard size fine, but that bitty subcompact gives her (and my teen) trouble..

Back
Top Bottom