• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

This one is from this site. The only I have found so far that has the GS4 on top.
Android Forums - View Poll Results

And because that poll didn't include the choice - "There is no best, only the best for you" - I voted to tie the One with the SGS4. I'd have done the same in the other direction. ;)

So - new Sprint phone rumors...

Let's please try to keep focused, spin out new threads as needed, easy to do after the fact - this thread gets hits on Google search - a lot.

Staying on-target helps our about-to-join members know what we're talking about up in here. :) ;)

Bold move.

The Nexus has picked up sales from before, but not giving people a chance to hold one couldn't move numbers like a broad distribution network, could it?

Granted, I only base my theory off of the details of the rumor that surfaced recently. The whole customization at checkout concept.

maybe the X will be sold on the playstore and 1 big retailer (like Bestbuy).

it would be great if sold at BB without any carrier ties... but similar to the new Tmobile plan. $99 down with monthly payments for 20 months ($20-30)... of course carriers have to have a service plan like Tmobile. and billed through the carrier. :)

example: Sprint. instead of the $79 unlimited. if you get an X.. then no contract at $59/month unlimited. $59sprint + $20(phone) = $79 billed through sprint.

maybe the X will be sold on the playstore and 1 big retailer (like Bestbuy).

it would be great if sold at BB without any carrier ties... but similar to the new Tmobile plan. $99 down with monthly payments for 20 months ($20-30)... of course carriers have to have a service plan like Tmobile. and billed through the carrier. :)

example: Sprint. instead of the $79 unlimited. if you get an X.. then no contract at $59/month unlimited. $59sprint + $20(phone) = $79 billed through sprint.

I've got one foot out the door,headed to T-MOBILE,as soon as the HTC ONE is available.Nothing short of LTE lighting up in my area will keep me w/SPRINT.

Their customer service,in-store/on-line & on the phone,has been nothing short of EXCELLENT,& I applaud each & every individual who I've dealt with.

However,network quality just isn't there,at least where I need it most,at work & home.

Now that T-MOBILE has a sensibly priced plan,no contracts & good service coverage where I need it most,obligating to another 2 yrs. w/SPRINT just doesn't make sense.

I've got one foot out the door,headed to T-MOBILE,as soon as the HTC ONE is available.Nothing short of LTE lighting up in my area will keep me w/SPRINT.

Their customer service,in-store/on-line & on the phone,has been nothing short of EXCELLENT,& I applaud each & every individual who I've dealt with.

However,network quality just isn't there,at least where I need it most,at work & home.

Now that T-MOBILE has a sensibly priced plan,no contracts & good service coverage where I need it most,obligating to another 2 yrs. w/SPRINT just doesn't make sense.

Would have made the move myself, if it weren't for coverage at my house.

Would have made the move myself, if it weren't for coverage at my house.

I'm right on the fringes of good coverage w/SPRINT @ home, right between two towers; & roaming @ work, which is still well within SPRINT's coverage map.

Phone call quality is fine, but, data is the sore spot.

From what I've read on S4GRU,NV has begun in my area & I have noticed improvements in parts of town, just frustratingly not where I need it to benefit me.

Same source also suspects LTE is going to be implemented ahead of schedule in my area,basically since the team was already in the area performing a lot of unscheduled maintenance, might as well finish the job while they're here.

So basically, if SPRINT flips LTE on by the end of APRIL, perhaps I'll reconsider & stay. Otherwise, looking forward to the HTC ONE, & even looking forward to what MOTOROLA has in store.

Speaking of, (sorry for the off-topic drift), anyone seen/heard pricing for the S4 w/SPRINT?

AT&T has just announced contract pricing @ $249.

I'm right on the fringes of good coverage w/SPRINT @ home, right between two towers; & roaming @ work, which is still well within SPRINT's coverage map.

From what I've read on S4GRU,NV has begun in my area & I have noticed improvements in parts of town, just frustratingly not where I need it to benefit me.

Same source also suspects LTE is going to be implemented ahead of schedule in my area,basically since the team was already in the area performing a lot of unscheduled maintenance, might as well finish the job while they're here.

So basically, if SPRINT flips LTE on by the end of APRIL, perhaps I'll reconsider & stay. Otherwise, looking forward to the HTC ONE, & even looking forward to what MOTOROLA has in store.

Speaking of, (sorry for the off-topic drift), anyone seen/heard pricing for the S4 w/SPRINT?

Not yet, but if history serves me correctly, Sprint is typically the front runner for release in the US (at least based on S3 release).

I have my eye on T-Mobile as well. I am also wondering about the pricing for the S4 with Sprint since AT&T has it for $249. Wonder why they are starting the price at $249. Also will Sprint get the 32GB version like they did the S3?

Bold move.

The Nexus has picked up sales from before, but not giving people a chance to hold one couldn't move numbers like a broad distribution network, could it?

It is possible that even if they do sell the Motorola X through the Play Store like they did with the Nexus 4 that T-Mobile would sell them in their stores. I went into a T-Mobile store to look at a Nexus 4 and I really liked it. I almost forgot it had no removable battery or SD card slot. So people maybe able to find a Motorola X to get their hands on it. But if the rumors are true that a person can order the phone the way they want it, I don't think you can find that in a store.

Now if the S4 comes with a 32GB version, I'm going to have to sell my S3. Do you think the S4 will have a SIM slot?

Likely embedded. Part of me wants to say that Sprint made an announcement that they would no longer have unlocked SIM card slots on their future world phones. They started off on the Photon Q, I believe.

Likely embedded. Part of me wants to say that Sprint made an announcement that they would no longer have unlocked SIM card slots on their future world phones. They started off on the Photon Q, I believe.

That's what I figured. That is one reason I will not sell my Photon 4G.

Now if the S4 comes with a 32GB version, I'm going to have to sell my S3. Do you think the S4 will have a SIM slot?

Would be nice if it had sim slot. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but does Verizon offer a sim slot on the I5?

Thought I read something about that awhile back.

Would be nice if it had sim slot. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but does Verizon offer a sim slot on the I5?

Thought I read something about that awhile back.

I believe it does have a SIM card slot. There was something I read about it that had to do with the FCC.

I agree. This is something Sprint should have done. While I am not favor of phones with a non removable battery, a SD card slot on this phone would have made me think twice. I really like the build of this phone.

I wouldn't want Sprint to do that because I actually like the idea of all US carrier versions being identical with the exception of network.

I wouldn't want Sprint to do that because I actually like the idea of all US carrier versions being identical with the exception of network.

But as long as the phone has the same physical dimensions on the outside, that's the main thing that's important when it comes to all US carrier versions being identical.

Realistically, even though the S3 and Note 2 physically have the same dimensions across all US carriers, the internals are still different across all the US carriers because they all use different radios and frequencies.

I personally wish each time a new phone came out, Sprint would not only be the 1st to launch it but also have top notch internals then what the other carriers will offer.
Or pull an exclusive like AT&T so often likes to do.

Back
Top Bottom