• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

I personally wish each time a new phone came out, Sprint would not only be the 1st to launch it but also have top notch internals then what the other carriers will offer.
Or pull an exclusive like AT&T so often likes to do.

I'm sure if Sprint had the money they would do more exclusives. But I don't really like exclusives that change the appearance of the phone. Sprint really needs to get their network up and running right. But that is a whole other topic. I really like the look of the HTC ONE. As long as Sprint offers the 32GB version they will be in good shape.

I'm sure if Sprint had the money they would do more exclusives. But I don't really like exclusives that change the appearance of the phone. Sprint really needs to get their network up and running right. But that is a whole other topic. I really like the look of the HTC ONE. As long as Sprint offers the 32GB version they will be in good shape.

I agree with you regarding appearance changes. My thinking is more in line with max internal storage. Maybe offer the 64GB version at 16GB price. :D

I agree with you regarding appearance changes. My thinking is more in line with max internal storage. Maybe offer the 64GB version at 16GB price. :D

I think its time to do away with 8GB and 16GB phones. The apps are getting bigger in size and we need more internal memory. I had to take my games of my phone because they were taking up too much space.

Last rumor I saw depicted that it would be the only model Sprint would be offering.

Pre-Order for the HTC ONE starts tomorrow (4/5/13):

HTC One: The New HTC Phone from Sprint

HTC - One 4G Mobile Phone - Silver (Sprint) - AP801CWH

But,the AT&T 64GB exclusive is rumored to be for a limited time.

I'd sit tight @ first if you think you'll have a bit of buyer's remorse should a SPRINT 64GB version become available @ later date.

The next high end device I predict for Sprint after the One and S4 would have to be Moto..

I don't know, Sprint doesn't traditionally carry a lot high end Motorola stuff, at least lately.

Did if any of you see this on Engadget? Looks like a pretty large phone headed to Sprint. I haven't read any Note 3 rumors lately so I can only assume this is something different. Possibly a new WP8 device?

Samsung SPH-L500 saunters by the FCC with Sprint-friendly LTE, hefty dimensions

I don't know, Sprint doesn't traditionally carry a lot high end Motorola stuff, at least lately.

Did if any of you see this on Engadget? Looks like a pretty large phone headed to Sprint. I haven't read any Note 3 rumors lately so I can only assume this is something different. Possibly a new WP8 device?

Samsung SPH-L500 saunters by the FCC with Sprint-friendly LTE, hefty dimensions

First high end offering was photon 2 years ago because of Verizon exclusivity with Motorola in prior years.

Too small of dimensions (physical height is a little over 5 inches) to be note 3. I suspect mid range.

First high end offering was photon 2 years ago because of Verizon exclusivity with Motorola in prior years.

Too small of dimensions (physical height is a little over 5 inches) to be note 3. I suspect mid range.

I actually mentioned the L500 back a few pages, I found it in the bluetooth sig search back in December. Judging from the model number, it's mid range. S3 was L710, S4 is L720. The Note II was L900.

I actually mentioned the L500 back a few pages, I found it in the bluetooth sig search back in December. Judging from the model number, it's mid range. S3 was L710, S4 is L720. The Note II was L900.

Tommy!...I knew I saw it somewhere. I shouldn't even have googled the model number, just search this great thread (considering how many peeps we have on the lookout all the time).

I'm curious to know if the Note 8 has the phone parts in it but just turned off or if it just doesn't have them at all.
Sucks that it doesn't though.

TS

It doesn't? I've heard from sources that it's got the parts for it to be a phone. Gigantic phone at that :eek:

I may very well be wrong too :p

Would be nice if it had sim slot. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but does Verizon offer a sim slot on the I5?

Thought I read something about that awhile back.

4s and The 5 both have sim slots on the sprint version fwiw....

Photon q and the note 2 were embedded I believe. I noticed recently a few of the direct connect devices have sim cards as well

"Sammy" claims phone function will be turned off....hardware may still be there

Ahh okay it's been like a month since I've heard anything about the device.

Kinda silly for essentially an 8" tab to have phone functions.

Imagine the looks you'd get in public talking on the bohemeth :D

Ahh okay it's been like a month since I've heard anything about the device.

Kinda silly for essentially an 8" tab to have phone functions.

Imagine the looks you'd get in public talking on the bohemeth :D

Think Bluetooth.

HTC came out with a little bluetooth handset in Taiwan recently that only make calls (as I remember).

Imagine the tablet in a bag, briefcase or just laying nearby and a little, eensy handset for just calling.

Anyway, it's dreaming.

Even if we could get the radios switched on, I don't see how one could get it activated on Sprint without committing 8 kinds of fraud, unless I'm missing something.

Think Bluetooth.

HTC came out with a little bluetooth handset in Taiwan recently that only make calls (as I remember).

Imagine the tablet in a bag, briefcase or just laying nearby and a little, eensy handset for just calling.

Anyway, it's dreaming.

Even if we could get the radios switched on, I don't see how one could get it activated on Sprint without committing 8 kinds of fraud, unless I'm missing something.

I remember that. Maybe now people outside of Taiwan can get past the TEE-HEE stage & see how useful such a device (phone for your phone, if you will) could be.

The SMART CONTROLLER from MOTOROLA would serve this purpose in the same manner, though it doesn't have a dialpad. (Got one myself, works great).

^ This.

Which is why i get more and more pissed at these manufacturers and carriers screwing things up.

The Note 8 would be perfect if it had the phone capabilities turned on. Although I've read that a 4G version is coming. But $50 more than an iPad Mini is not the way to go if you ask me on the Wifi version.

I love my Note 10.1 and its only $50 more than the Note 8 Wifi, but I admit its a full size tablet and may not be the best to lug around all the time. The Note 8 is right since it has a bigger screen and is more portable. My Note 2 is also awesome but I wouldn't mind a bigger screen but not too big like the Note 10.1

Then you get into the crap these outfits do with the memory. Enough of this 16GB crap. They are marketing these things for multimedia use and as such we will consume more and more media, be it videos, apps etc. Make 32GB the minimum, include a sd card and allow us the ability to store apps on the sd card. The cloud is okay, but there are times I don't want to put or wait for things in the cloud.

TS

Back
Top Bottom