• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Speaking of rumours, I hear that Samsung is looking into making the Note 3 with metal instead of plastic. see link

If so, I would have to wait to see such a beast to determine if I would like it. To be honest, i do like the HTC phones with their non-plastic enclosures, but I've gotten used to the Samsung plastic ones.

So as usual, I ask your views on such a change.

TS

I'm fond of rolling with a case so they could make the outer cover out of bamboo for all I care. (Remember the bamboo phone? Pity it didn't catch on.)

Isn't there a magnetic latch on the Note covers?

So far as I've heard, no magnetic latch points on any of the aluminum phones. Either the aluminum Note will have to be the first or that could turn into a difference as well.

I'm fond of rolling with a case so they could make the outer cover out of bamboo for all I care. (Remember the bamboo phone? Pity it didn't catch on.)

Isn't there a magnetic latch on the Note covers?

So far as I've heard, no magnetic latch points on any of the aluminum phones. Either the aluminum Note will have to be the first or that could turn into a difference as well.

I remember the bamboo phone. Lol. I also like having a good case on my phone as well. But Ithinkwhen you make a phone out of good quality material, it says something about the maker of the phone. To me it says they put care into it. And remember, not everyone likes a case on their phone. And by the way, you can find bamboo cases on ebay. Lol

If they are talking 20 different colors does this mean the phones are going to be made-to-order because I can't imagine all colors being mass produced at on time.

Just a thought....

If they are talking 20 different colors does this mean the phones are going to be made-to-order because I can't imagine all colors being mass produced at on time.

Just a thought....

I bet there will be 2-3 "standard" colors (e.g. white, black, grey) and the other colors will be an "extra" charge as a "custom" order.

Kinda similar to how the Windows Surface was. The different color touchpad keyboard covers were more expensive than the standard black.

And if this is the X phone, but not what we really wanted, when are we going to see The Real X Phone, if you know what I mean.

Dennis Woodside confirms Moto X and broad distribution across all carriers. Definitely one of the good things that was changed, obviously, is Motorola offering their best smartphone across the different carriers (not just Verizon).

Motorola confirms Moto X phone release date, carriers, & pricing

Some other things discussed in that video are even more intriguing to me than the discussion about the Moto X, but I do get the sense that Google is finally creating some changes that'll turn Motorola around. Additional good news is that they're creating jobs in the US to increase Motorola success and will be assembled in Texas.

Based on Phandroid's article mentioning their attempt to bring back a stylus and the microSD, I'm definitely keeping my eye out. I'm not likely to upgrade again this year, but HTC would definitely be in contention if their competitor for the Note 3 matches up in specs:

Rumored HTC T6 specs confirmed by EVLeaks

Only thing that was most disappointing to read was limiting the internal to 16gb. Someone has to step up with at least 32 and a microSD. I've been clamoring for extra storage for so long.

I just bought a Galaxy Note 8 2 weeks ago and love it. I had a HTC Flyer before. A big reason I had gone with those was due to use of a stylus, but Samsung got it right with the Note series, while HTC's Flyer stylus was awful and no comparison. If they are truly looking to accomplish something better than what Samsung has done with the S-Pen, I'm all for it!

Last "x factor" will be the overall size of the T6 vs. the Note 3. I'm so glad that I've been thoroughly happy with the Note 2 that I'm not in a rush to upgrade, but I'm definitely intrigued by what HTC will do.

Note 3 is still in top of my list. I'm a little weary of HTC lately. Hopefully they do this phone right. One thing is for sure is that there's going to be some nice phones to choose from in the second half of the year.

I'm excited to see what all releases this summer/fall. I think maybe It was a blessing in disguise that I had to return my Black HTC One (quality concerns)

HTC

uxa10122000ux0035uxn.jpg

Yes please

I surely hope it follows the One's stellar skeleton and exterior if it comes to be. There better not be any carrier funny business with it, like Verizon exclusivity. :mad:
Don't let me down Sprint

How come? HTC has brought it w/ the HTC One release. I actually like it a lot more than the SGS4.

Don't get me wrong. I think the One is an absolute gorgeous phone but I need to swap my batteries and have the option for more storage. This is the reason why at this point in time I'll pick Samsung over HTC. Its just a mental and personal thing I have with that. I love both companies but right now Samsung fits my needs.

The non removable battery in my evo lte (one x) kills my s3s battery. I'd get home with 75% at the end of the day with the evo, and usually at about 30% on the s3

Same locations, activity, different phones

Ymmv

Don't get me wrong. I think the One is an absolute gorgeous phone but I need to swap my batteries and have the option for more storage. This is the reason why at this point in time I'll pick Samsung over HTC. Its just a mental and personal thing I have with that. I love both companies but right now Samsung fits my needs.

I can definitely identify with that Orion. I never would have thought that having a removable battery was very convenient for my lifestyle, but having that option from the EVO, to the Photon and now the Note 2, that's something that is definitely a big plus for me.

That said, I don't completely rule out having a non-removable battery. I wouldn't have been completely upset if the Note 2 had a non-removable, just based on the great battery life. To this day, I still get over a full work day of use out of the phone.

For me, what's made me a little skeptical on the direction HTC was headed, was Bjorn Kilburn's statement last year. I found the Phandroid article:
Perhaps HTC hasn’t yet learned what its customer base wants; say they prefer thinness over long battery life

They did market research in 2011 that proved people preferred "thin" phones to battery life. Problem is, not many people knew there was even a choice of both a thin phone AND great battery life. Motorola started that trend with the Razr Maxx. Considering Bjorn's statement was made after the Razr Maxx had already been released and his statement was also made off research done 1 year prior, that's where I was concerned about the direction that HTC was headed.

The T6 seems to refute some of those statements that had been made before, likely due to other manufacturers taking the lead and proving that the sacrifices HTC thought were needed, weren't necessarily fact. I love all the innovation that's happening with the different OEM's. If I don't end up upgrading at full price this year, at least there'll be some great phones to look forward to in 2014.

I just have to say that I really love my EVO 4G LTE (One X). Most days I do get to the end of a work day with battery life. However on high use days, and because my work location has such crappy network service (seaching for a signal) and wifi isn't accessible, I do plug my phone in at work sometimes. It's not a hassle at all because, well, I do a lot of paperwork so I'm in my office for much of the day.

I have to say that the phone is almost problem free, except for the occasional hiccup. I loved my Photon and I can honestly say that this Evo 4G LTE is just as good or a slight bit better even without a removable battery.

I don't get an upgrade until after March 2014. It looks like there are going to be many wonderful options then. I'm excited about rumors for an HTC Phablet. I would like to have an option besides Samsung so I can compare and contrast. Also it seems that Motorola may put its hat in again and come out with a premium smart phone again on Sprint. It would be nice to see comparable offerings from HTC, Motorola, and Samsung so I could compare and contrast. I'm keeping an eye on this thread to follow developments.

I would love it if HTC could finally put a battery with more juice in their phones though. It would be more convenient especially when I'm in a poor signal area where the network isn't so good and I can't access wifi.

With all these phones coming out, my One is already looking dated. :-P

Honestly, I'm looking forward to see this T6, the new Moto X, and the new Nexus (and the new iPhone).

What I would absolutely buy though is a decent size table with the productive pen functionality! and I mean PRODUCTIVE!

I have been REALLY enjoying my Note2...but i just got the HTC One, for my son, and he played some music for me HOLY CRAP that thing sounds amazing!!! I know that's just one part of it, but still...it sounds amazing....hopefully the Note3 will get a sound upgrade, or i may also be looking at the HTC T6.... :)

Back
Top Bottom