• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any Tasker "experts"? Little help required

SUroot

Extreme Android User
May 25, 2010
Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Ok so I am new to Tasker, but I get the premise.

My request for info is based on assumptions, so please correct me if I have this wrong.

I have a profile called Ringer. Between 9-5 it Is in vibrate mode.

I assume when I add the second context of Mon-Fri, that is an AND. So if 9-5 AND Mon-fri>Vibrate.

Ok, however I have another profile called VIP (the Missus)

So When missus rings, Profile "Ringer" =Off. If the profile is not on, nothing happens so no additional context needed there.

Now, my query. I also assume that 09:00 is the trigger for ringer, rather than the time being between 09:00-17:00. So VIP turns off RINGER, but ringer doesn't automatically start again afterward.

What is the best way to get this profile to start again after the event of VIP, ONLY IF the profile RINGER is within context?

If I did a VIP2 profile, which waits 30 seconds after phone rings then sets RINGER to on, would it check the contexts are true in the profile and only turn it on if they are met, or would it just turn it on regardless of contexts?

So confused. Yes I know I could test it but its a lot of faffing about, so thought I'd ask incase anyone already knows this ;)

Many thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones