• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone in the UK got their Nexus One yet?

Must've been on the same flight as mine. I ordered the night of the 8th and got it the 14th too. Has anyone worked out the optimum order time to receive the N1 in the shortest time? I could probably trawl through the posts in this thread and work something out but I am at work at the moment. I might do it later if I have time. It'd be nice to post it so that people in the UK can work out when best to order.
Is it weird that I'm thinking about this?

well i ordered on wednesday night and got it monday. so if you take the weekend out of it id of had it earlier.

Not gonna copy/paste incase of copyright and cross-posting issues (another forum I belong to is REALLY fierce, litigiously so, about doing that - not sure about this one so I'm playing safe)

Anyway, there is a nexusoneforum website, go to forum Nexus one General Discussion, thread - UK Shipping Confirmation, message 258.

Cincinatti is 5 hours behind UK time, flight duration is approx. 7 hours.

Gotta walk the dog now so I'll leave you to do the maths...;)

Has anyone worked out the optimum order time to receive the N1 in the shortest time? I could probably trawl through the posts in this thread and work something out but I am at work at the moment. I might do it later if I have time. It'd be nice to post it so that people in the UK can work out when best to order.
Is it weird that I'm thinking about this?

I reckon Tuesday is the best day. I ordered at half 5 in the evening and had it delivered at half 9 Friday morning. It seems those ordered on a Monday aren't shipped til the Wednesday, although perhaps it depends on the time of day too!

And no, not strange for wondering about this, I've done the same thing (obviously!)

I reckon Tuesday is the best day. I ordered at half 5 in the evening and had it delivered at half 9 Friday morning. It seems those ordered on a Monday aren't shipped til the Wednesday, although perhaps it depends on the time of day too!

And no, not strange for wondering about this, I've done the same thing (obviously!)

Yeah, I had a feeling that orders placed before 1pm EST on Tuesday are delivered by Friday. I think 63 Hours is the best time from order to deliver. Or in Santa time....3 sleeps!
Let's test the theory - OG, order another N1 next Tuesday and I'll square you up with the cash later :rolleyes:;)

Agreeing with oniongirl's comment re. Mon order, my timescale is as follows

All GMT
Orderplaced - Mon 25th @ 13.44
Picked Up - Tues 26th @ 18.39 - Indianapolis
Left Indi DHL facilty - Wed 27th @ 04.19
Arrived Cincinatti Hub - Wed 27th @ 07.09
Left Cincinatti Hub - Wed 27th @ 14.20

I'm assuming it'll be on the flight from Cincinatti (Airport code - CVG) to East Midlands (EMA) which from here Aeroseek: Real-Time Flight Tracking
says it leaves at GMT 17.23 today and arrives GMT 00.41 on Thurs 28th.

So.. may poss get it tomorrow but more likely to be Fri. :(

All GMT

I'm assuming it'll be on the flight from Cincinatti (Airport code - CVG) to East Midlands (EMA) which from here Aeroseek: Real-Time Flight Tracking

Trust me, you'll have it tomorrow. That was the same flow mine had. It will be processed during the night, i.e. the customs stuff will be done and transferred to your local DHL depot and put on a van sometime around 8 or 9 am. You'll have the phone by lunchtime.

All GMT

Looks like ours are on the same flight - good luck for tomorrow!! :-D

@ Markouk - Cheers, you've made me dance for joy!!

@ slm - LOL look >>>

Flight
spacer.gif
DHK973
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Status
spacer.gif
IN FLIGHT Aircraft
spacer.gif
Boeing 767-300 Altitude
spacer.gif
330 feet (101 m) Speed
spacer.gif
606 mph / 976 km/h / 527 Kt Heading
spacer.gif
69 Degrees

Argh, mines been stuck on this for ages!!

1/27/2010 9:20 am Depart Facility
blank.gif
Cincinnati Hub, OH

What's the next step?

If it says that, it's on a plane to EMA... Will land around 23:30

Now I'm getting this

1/28/2010 4:19 am Address information needed; contact DHL Customer Service.
blank.gif
East Midlands, United Kingdom

Can't find a phone number where I can actually speak to someone though!

Now I'm getting this

1/28/2010 4:19 am Address information needed; contact DHL Customer Service.
blank.gif
East Midlands, United Kingdom

Can't find a phone number where I can actually speak to someone though!
There is usually an option "0" on the DHL customer service calls which lets you speak to a human. You could hopefully get re-directed that way.
Oh, I found this:

DHL Aviation
Cargo West East Midlands Airport Castle Donington Derby DE74 2TR
Tel DHL : 01332 857 000
Fax DHL : 01332 857 716
SITA DHL : EMAHBER / EMAHHER / EMAASER
Email DHL : john.ball@dhl.com
Tel Av Sols : 01332 853 510 ( 07970 881 332 : 24 hr )
Fax Av Sols : 01332 853 650
SITA Av Sols : EMAASER
Email Av Sols : tom@aviation-solutions.co.uk

Give it a go

Contacts

John Ball ( DHL )
Tom Blakeman ( Aviation Solutions - see below )

Mine says...

"1/28/2010 3:03 am Processed at DHL Location.
blank.gif
Cincinnati Hub, OH"

As it's not in the UK yet I dont think I'll get it tomorrow :(

Of course you will!!!! Cincinnati is the airport in the US. The flight will leave at about 4pm GMT today and arrive around midnight. It'll be booked through customs and transferred to your local depot between midnight tonight and 6/7am tomorrow. Stuck on a van and out for delivery around 9am. You'll have it by lunchtime. I wish I could put a sticky on this or at least maybe people would search in this thread. I and others have posted this flow a few times now. I'm not flaming you buddy but don't get your knickers in a twist :p ....you'll be good for the weekend ;)

Of course you will!!!! Cincinnati is the airport in the US. The flight will leave at about 4pm GMT today and arrive around midnight. It'll be booked through customs and transferred to your local depot between midnight tonight and 6/7am tomorrow. Stuck on a van and out for delivery around 9am. You'll have it by lunchtime. I wish I could put a sticky on this or at least maybe people would search in this thread. I and others have posted this flow a few times now. I'm not flaming you buddy but don't get your knickers in a twist :p ....you'll be good for the weekend ;)

Thanks Mark. I thought I'd read every post in this this thread. I guess I missed this info :)

Cheers!

It's arrived, it's beautiful, I am so in love.......... :D

*grin*

So has mine! Typing this from it now at my desk!

*more grinning*

Isn't it ten times prettier than the pics?! Had mine nearly two weeks and every time I pick it up I get the same feeling I did the first time. It's the gift (to myself) that keeps on giving.

About to try out What The Doodle, enjoy playing with your settings!

It's arrived, it's beautiful, I am so in love.......... :D

Ooooh green with envy here!! Mine got to London around 9.30 am from the same flight so I think it missed the van leaving the depot..... good on ya though :-D Enjoy, I will be doing the same tomorrow fingers crossed!!

Back
Top Bottom