• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone in the UK got their Nexus One yet?

It seems to be better than I expected. I just need to take it easy and spot the speeling mistakes before hitting "space", so I can correct them.

The screen is much more sensitive at the edges than my old G1, so it's less frustrating.

"speeling mistakes" :D

Wish the edges were less sensitive on mine, can't seem to type one-handed because my palm folds round a little when stretching across the screen and makes the keyboard go funny.

:rolleyes: my hands are beautifully elegant, thankyouverymuch.

LOL. Okay, I believe you. Not heard much from the new parents on here. Must be spending quality time with their N1's. I ordered a Brodit mount for my N1 so looking forward to getting that and installing in my car. It's a mount for a 2G iPhone which apparently fits with the N1. Hopefully it does or I'll be pissed off. Brodit are taking too long to release an official N1 mount so I'm charging on regardless :D

LOL. Okay, I believe you. Not heard much from the new parents on here. Must be spending quality time with their N1's. I ordered a Brodit mount for my N1 so looking forward to getting that and installing in my car. It's a mount for a 2G iPhone which apparently fits with the N1. Hopefully it does or I'll be pissed off. Brodit are taking too long to release an official N1 mount so I'm charging on regardless :D

didn't fancy waiting for the official Google one either? Luckily for me I can't drive yet so that expense can wait.

Talking of expenses, still no sign of VAT bill, how bout anyone else?

didn't fancy waiting for the official Google one either? Luckily for me I can't drive yet so that expense can wait.

Talking of expenses, still no sign of VAT bill, how bout anyone else?

Yeah, I'm pretty impatient so just wanted to get it hooked up in the car. I have a Brodit mount for my iPod Touch in my car on the left side of the steering wheel. I'm mounting the N1 on the right hand side. I can't wait to get it all hooked up.
Yeah, still no sign of the VAT bill yet. I think it might appear around the 30 day mark. I need to have a wee scan on nexusoneforum to see what UK users are saying there about the VAT bill.

Lool! I think it's a diddy hand problem, I have diddy hands, and my palm is constantly trying to search for stuff when I go for the notification bar.

Quality time with the N1 there has been. I've been avoiding the procrastinationweb to finally get some software written for Android (the reason I got my Magic but failed). :)

I didn't believe the specs saying 7 hours of video playback, so stuck an episode of House on it to watch on lunch, 45 mins dropped the battery 13% (on full brightness) which works out to just under 7 hours... impressive. The video quality is absolutely stunning. It's the first device I can honestly say I don't mind watching a whole 45 min episode on.

I'm waiting for the desktop dock to be released over here, but I want 2 ... one for my PC and one for by my bed. :D

Still no word on VAT here.

Edit: Not sure about 3rd party docks, but the Google dock uses bluetooth to the phone to provide audio output (if you want to crank up the volume with some real speakers).

I fing the phone just fantatic, but why does the voicetext or voice search need an internet connection?? It doesn't make much sense

It's because the 'translation' isn't done by the phone but by Google's servers.
don't take offence, but I know that. What I was trying to say was, that I expected the phone to have the necessary HW/SW combo to do it. I just find it funny the need of a data conection for that purpose.
Don't get me wrong, I just love the phone, it's just that I believe it would just be slightly better with the voice SW integrated on the phone

don't take offence, but I know that. What I was trying to say was, that I expected the phone to have the necessary HW/SW combo to do it. I just find it funny the need of a data conection for that purpose.
Don't get me wrong, I just love the phone, it's just that I believe it would just be slightly better with the voice SW integrated on the phone

I've never been very good at taking offence, mostly because I tend not to notice people's exasperation with me ;) sorry I misunderstood!

It doesn't make any difference to me personally whether it's data or not, but perhaps a reason for it having to be done on their servers is that it's constantly adapting/learning from other users' searches. Or at least, that's the impression I had. I may be wrong (yet again!)

I've never been very good at taking offence, mostly because I tend not to notice people's exasperation with me ;) sorry I misunderstood!

It doesn't make any difference to me personally whether it's data or not, but perhaps a reason for it having to be done on their servers is that it's constantly adapting/learning from other users' searches. Or at least, that's the impression I had. I may be wrong (yet again!)
no, it was just that I didn't want to make the impression of being rude. Every post you make is welcome.
I have the same impression about the reasons of being done on a server. Anyway, it was just a little detail comment, because the Nexus One without data connection makes no sense to me ;)

no, it was just that I didn't want to make the impression of being rude. Every post you make is welcome.
I have the same impression about the reasons of being done on a server. Anyway, it was just a little detail comment, because the Nexus One without data connection makes no sense to me ;)

I think OG is right (for once, but don't tell her...you'll never hear the end of it) the voice stuff will be server based to allow google to learn from user inputs. You have to accept that in this day and age that internet privacy is all but gone. Google are all about cloud computing and the vast amount of data input and outputs are pushed and pulled over the net. This isn't so good when you don't have access to those services or want privacy but it's fantastic for dynamic computing such as what we're experiencing with the N1. You have to try to embrace it when you buy a modern smartphone like the N1.

So we should all be expecting our Tax bills in the next couple of days then?

Within 1 to 2 weeks of Purchase. Someone on the www.nexusoneforum.net site has had theirs so I'd expect it anytime :-)

I've added that into my calculations when buying the phone, admittedly there is not much detail on the TAX element for UK orders at checkout so not sure if it could be disputed but it's likely somewhere in the terms of sale! :-(

Within 1 to 2 weeks of Purchase. Someone on the nexusoneforums.net site has had theirs so I'd expect it anytime :-)

I've added that into my calculations when buying the phone, admittedly there is not much detail on the TAX element for UK orders at checkout so not sure if it could be disputed but it's likely somewhere in the terms of sale! :-(

There was a section on tax under a small weblink when I ordered it giving generic info on Tax and the percentage which should be applied.

I have had my phone since the 11th Jan (ordered on 6th) and still not heard anything from DHL on Tax. Someone on here had said that DHL process them all at the end of the month...

Back
Top Bottom