• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Asurion Claim Debate

What Phone Did You Get After Filing A Claim w/Asurion?

• HTC Eris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Devour

• Droid 1

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Droid 2

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Incredible

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • LG Ally

• Droid X

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

jdsingle

Android Expert
Jul 25, 2010
Following the post of Bluenik25 I wanted to post up a poll to see what people were getting when filing an Asurion claim.

If you've filed one, please vote in the poll and make a post describing your experience and the quality of the replacement phone. I know the Droid 2 isn't out but I wanted to throw it up there for future voters.

Some interesting posts to look at.

Asurion set to offer Droid Incredible or Droid X

may2700

Amber@Asurion (Not sure how legit this poster is)

mlarkin

micp1480

I currently have the TEC and had my Droid for about 4 months now. After an incident with my Moto Q I won't go without insurance.

If you have different insurance, let us know who you have and what their terms are. I'm hoping my insurance for the home will have a policy I can hop on so I can terminate Asurion.

Reactions: bluenik25
I had a Droid 1 that was dropped 2 weeks ago and I got a Droid 1 replacement the next day no hassles at all. Did everything through the website was actually a very easy process I thought and would actually recommend them after how easy it was except for price 7.99 and 89 for the replacement unless you use both claims a year its really not worth it.

Upvote 0
I had a three day fight with three supervisors at Asurion and even went went to two of the supervisor's supervisors. Couldn't even get them to get me an incredible. I had to end up calling Verizon and asking to have my service disconnected. They were more than happy to get me a droid then.

Upvote 0
I also did my claim online after my Droid1 ( purchased on launch day) decided to take a bath with my kiddos...it was over a weekend too... Filed the claim Saturday morning, didn't get any option to select a phone so I called to confirm the type of device I would recieve and was told I would get an identical replacement (Droid). Received replacement on Monday at noon, was activated, rooted, flashed and overclocked by bedtime :D

I thought it was a very easy process, and was much happier to spend $8 a month and a $90 deductible than fork out $600 for a replacement. And my replacement appeared to be brand new rather than a refurb at least from what I could tell.

Upvote 0
when i filed my claim online,they tried to give me an Eris. i waited a few days and sure enough, they were going to give me a D1 for my replacement. finished the claim and got what appears to be a brand new D1. it says that it's an Asurion refurb but everything about it looks brand new.

as far as i know it works good except for when i try and use my car charger. that doesn't stay plugged in and keep it charged that well unless it's put in there PERFECT. might lead me to file another claim or just take it in to verizon to see if they can do anything bout that.

Upvote 0
Sorry, somewhat off topic, but not really. I'm just amazed that Asurion would already be out of the Droid 1. First of all it makes me mad, since I have a replacement Touch Pro2 on the way, and that came out before the D1. I was almost hoping to be offered something else when I called yesterday.

Also, I remember a claim on my XV6800, and almost 2 years later, I still got the XV6800 as a replacement device.

Upvote 0
Well I am glad they are still sending out Droids because i just dropped my on the cement and the screen is cracked up!! Oh what a day. I do however wonder if they will start sending out the Droid 2 as a replacement. My phone works fine as of now. So i think i will hold off and see what happens in the next few weeks before i try to get it replaced.

Upvote 0
I dropped mine last weekend and shattered the LCD display. I started filing the claim on the web site, but before committing the order, I called them to confirm that they would be sending me a Droid 1 and the lady said that that is what I would be getting. I have a lot invested in accessories and want to replace this one with the Droid 1 as I don't want to have to start all over again with the accessories. i just got confirmation on the shipment and it should be here tomorrow. I'll post up when it arrives to confirm what I received.

Upvote 0
Just filed a claim. Droid 1 is on back order. I complained to a couple of supervisors and they aren't allowed to give the Droid X or Droid 2 to anyone with a Droid 1. They will originally offer you a D1 on back order or a Devour or Ally. I refused to have my OG replaced with a POS. Ended up with the DInc. Hopefully it is as good as I have heard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones