• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Awesome Android Update 4 Released

not being a guru like a lot of these guys I'll reply with the hopes that someone will correct me...ZTE send out updates on their devices (these are unrooted devices). At some point you stumble up on the "root your phone" phenominon...now once you root your phone ZTE's updates no longer work on your phone. The developers are constantly working on new roms...they are probably basing these new roms on the most current ZTE updates...So I am asking if when I download the latest rooted rom if it matters that my unrooted rom is up-to-date (if that makes any sense).

Upvote 0
If you go back to completely stock, meaning not rooted no cwm.

you will not be able to flash any of the custom rom.

Yeah guspeed but you can re-root...that was my gist...you unroot to update with ZTE's latest then you move on and re-root...considering it matters that the newest customer roms are based on ZTE's latest....am I on the right track?

Upvote 0
Yeah guspeed but you can re-root...that was my gist...you unroot to update with ZTE's latest then you move on and re-root...considering it matters that the newest customer roms are based on ZTE's latest....am I on the right track?

Sorry about that, yes you can re-root.
But, there's no need to un-root and re-root.
When you flash a custom rom, everything gets updated for good.

Reactions: mrleroybrown
Upvote 0
Heres a little something to tide you over until the new release is out!

Its the new kernel from b09 with my special edits added :) alot of which are Awesome Android edits for the new rom! Enjoy...

Boot.zip

Wow Shinru, pretty nice! I luv your work man. B-) Can't wait for your new ROM! "Rooting for ya!!". :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones