• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Awesome Android Update 4 Released

First off let me thank you for such a badass ROM and all the effort. Now let me apologize for sounding like a noob but I've been receiving an update notification b09. Has the fix or update been released? Something was mentioned in an earlier post and I didn't quite understand what needs to be done :-/ I'm working and worried that my phone will flash to some factory crap :-9 any help would be much appreciated thank you.

Upvote 0
Is what? because you didn't factory reset ...

Are you stuck, with no installation and running rom now?

If that's whats going on, but you have root recovery to get into, your gold....

Just do the steps again.

If you got another deal happening, like it was a problem once, where people were un-zipping before putting the rom and update in a folder on their sd-card.. That can be a problem.

If your nameing a folder, "john doe", and putting that in your sd-card, and into "john doe", you drop these zip's with Shin's new Awesome Android, then your going to find them when your looking (in recovery) for the "install from zip" command, just hunt inside that for the folder you put in your card.

You can do it!

No I rebooted to recovery then factory reset then cleared the cach and dalvik then install the ROM and re booted. Then I rebooted to recovery and installed gapps without going through the other steps first then I rebooted into recovery and installed the update without going through the other steps is that okay or should I have done the other steps with each of the 3 installs... I am only wondering because there is No file folder in the where the apps are and I need the folder to access things are backed up on the SD card.

Upvote 0
I am only wondering because there is No file folder in the where the apps are and I need the folder to access things are backed up on the SD card.

I shortened your post, to just this, since now, I think, that I get you.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems, you've got no file explorer now in with all the apps. If that's it, then your able to go to the Google Play store?

That came with gapps... so I'd say download something like es file explorer.

Install from the playstore, and your good to go.

Good luck, I'm hitting the bricks to get stuff, (not android phone connected) done today.

Reactions: mrleroybrown
Upvote 0
I shortened your post, to just this, since now, I think, that I get you.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems, you've got no file explorer now in with all the apps. If that's it, then your able to go to the Google Play store?

That came with gapps... so I'd say download something like es file explorer.

Install from the playstore, and your good to go.

Good luck, I'm hitting the bricks to get stuff, (not android phone connected) done today.

Shin,
Very nice job....this rom is sweet. Props! is there suppose to be a file explorer or did you just intend to leave it up to the user to grab their fav. off the play store?
Shin,
This rom is sweet!~ Thanks for all the hours invested in it. PROPS! Can you te

Upvote 0
I'm wondering... to me correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds if most people didn't install it right I'll do the steps 0-4

0 Backup is made of current rom then you wiped cache dalivic and factory reset
1 So now flash rom
2 Let it boot
3 Go back to recovery then flash gapps
4 reboot
Now if you still get system ui has stopped which is an issue shin acknowledges you will only receive it once and after that your fine its like installing cm10

I still have the camera so I don't know about that issue

Anyone else having issue losing their camera app when installing google app?

Awesome Android RC-1:
i seem to have issues as well :-(
system ui has stopped @ start up
home button does nothing was unable to log on to google user accnt
im in NO way bitching at all Shin kicks ass gonna go back to shindroid 4
hey shin i get this system ui stop and i cant do nothing i reboot and after rebot i get the same think system ui stop and the screen goes black cant do anything after sytem ui stop

Upvote 0
I'm wondering... to me correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds if most people didn't install it right I'll do the steps 0-4

0 Backup is made of current rom then you wiped cache dalivic and factory reset
1 So now flash rom
2 Let it boot
3 Go back to recovery then flash gapps
4 reboot
Now if you still get system ui has stopped which is an issue shin acknowledges you will only receive it once and after that your fine its like installing cm10

I still have the camera so I don't know about that issue
Nope. Didnt work. Camera was there and working before installing gapp. Once gapp is installed, camera icon disappears and on lock screen, if I swipe to camera it will load the spaceship animation for a few sec then itll pop up the ui error. Even tried redownloading gapp but still the same

Upvote 0
Nope. Didnt work. Camera was there and working before installing gapp. Once gapp is installed, camera icon disappears and on lock screen, if I swipe to camera it will load the spaceship animation for a few sec then itll pop up the ui error. Even tried redownloading gapp but still the same

Alright I am now getting the same issue as well it's probably an easy fix and shin will fix it did anyone try downloading a camera from the play store

EDIT:After factory resetting and installing the ROM again camera there so idk what the issue is

Upvote 0
Alright I am now getting the same issue as well it's probably an easy fix and shin will fix it did anyone try downloading a camera from the play store

I'm not experiencing any problem with the camera.

In fact with this release, Shin's fixed an upside down picture problem, I'd found in shinjitsu rom.

I had a hairy time of it at first, where I installed the update right after awesome android, (without reboot in between I think).

Yet, or maybe, because I mashed up that sequence during install, I haven't had any of these error messages others are reporting. I've read advice given occasionally to do it all again, to sort of "set" the install to a better fit.

Upvote 0
I'm not experiencing any problem with the camera.

In fact with this release, Shin's fixed an upside down picture problem, I'd found in shinjitsu rom.

I had a hairy time of it at first, where I installed the update right after awesome android, (without reboot in between I think).

Yet, or maybe, because I mashed up that sequence during install, I haven't had any of these error messages others are reporting. I've read advice given occasionally to do it all again, to sort of "set" the install to a better fit.

Ive done multiple reinstalls and few redownloads and nothing seem to work.

Upvote 0
Ive done multiple reinstalls and few redownloads and nothing seem to work.

I'm re-reading your other sequence of install, looks like your doing the install OK.

The only thing you haven't specifically mentioned before was install of the UPDATE. Did you do that also?

That you had, then lost the camera is weird. It just disappeared after a solid reboot?

I'm sure your going to hear from Shin or Junkie on this when they get free from their other involvements, their both good at working through anomalies of new ROM's when reported here.

Upvote 0
I feel bad for SHIN...he busy his butt getting these roms up and running and then gets bombarded...but I guess it comes with the territory. Anyhow I didn't do a factory reset when installing gapps...I DID however, wipe the cache and davlik before installing gapps. Not certain if I was SUPPOSED to skip the factory reset on the gapps install but it seemed to do just fine...not noticed anything glaring yet. :) . I did ALL the steps (factory reset, wipe cache & davlik then install update from sd) on the update install.

Upvote 0
I feel bad for SHIN...he busy his butt getting these roms up and running and then gets bombarded...but I guess it comes with the territory. Anyhow I didn't do a factory reset when installing gapps...I DID however, wipe the cache and davlik before installing gapps. Not certain if I was SUPPOSED to skip the factory reset on the gapps install but it seemed to do just fine...not noticed anything glaring yet. :) . I did ALL the steps (factory reset, wipe cache & davlik then install update from sd) on the update install.

That was something I had to guess at during the install process, the scrolling instructions on the phones screen, that was neat, and yet also, surprised me, by instructions to do a factory reset, ... now, I'm a cautious slow type usually, so, hesitated at what seemed to contradict what I learned in the forums.

So, I made the decision that what I was reading in the scrolling screen, was a sort of generic set of instructions, NOT supposed to be done again. In other words, why should I AGAIN do a wipe/factory reset?

I'd JUST installed the ROM, after doing a wipe/factory reset.

So I ignored those instructions, and moved on to the installation sequence on the first page of this Awesome Android.

I wonder if others also scratched their heads and wondered what they should do.

Maybe that's part of this apparently random ROM illness some experience?

Upvote 0

I feel bad too that's why I'm try to answer questions for him if I can and good :)

Upvote 0
These Developer's, are wringing all that is good and possible out of the basic kernal that our server/providers go out of their way to ham-string and hobble.

That's why I'm here, probably most of us are fed up with that corporate practice, of putting a straight jacket on an otherwise fine carefully engineered device, whose creators envisioned so much more for.

When their corporate practice of trying to "control" a phones potential, and squeeze every penny out of consumers pockets get (as they are) overbearing, developer's say that's enough!

And then they work tirelessly, for the good of the many, at the expense of themselves, their time, their lifestyle, their relationship's, hurrying to work and back from work, to build tweak and refine, then launch and answer questions and calm fears all without access to the problem someone else encounters.

Every time there's a new role out, there's hick-ups and stumbles, and they virtually all get handled, somehow.

I marvel at this whole process of cooperation and am grateful for (almost) all of it.

"Don't like the panic state's I fly into when I think I broke my phone" :)

Upvote 0
Wow Shin! I can just say wow, bravo! Your rom fixed an entire bunch of problems of this phone. All my past and previous issues and bugs smashed entirely by this AA.

Kudos to you man!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-09-10-33-11-1.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-09-10-33-11-1.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones