• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2023

Well after @ocnbrze Dodgers whipped us pretty good, Sorry @olbriar but we had to win against the KC Royals.... not like iy was a blowout like some of our 6 blowouts .
I watched the game and expected nothing less of the Padres. As soon as I saw Brad Keller on the mound I knew we were going to lose. I was amazed it wasn't a complete romping. I lack respect for all of the Royals pitching staff but I particularly think Brad stinks and he couldn't find another pitching job in MLB if not for the Royals. He can't pitch and he showed me last night that he fields the ball like a six year old girl. (meaning no disrespect for the the gender) I got cold chills when I saw he made the roster again this year. I've been rooting for the Padres so I cussed the Royals like normal but enjoyed the game.

Well after @ocnbrze Dodgers whipped us pretty good, Sorry @olbriar but we had to win against the KC Royals.... not like iy was a blowout like some of our 6 blowouts .
we are just starting to get into true season form. hopefully they can keep it up all season long. hopefully nobody gets hurt. our bullpen has just started to settle down. i hope they trade Syndergaard......he is such a disappointment. he should be sent down to the minors at least. he is terrible.

it was good to get some distance from the Friars. we can use the distance......cuz i know that once that potent offense starts to click, we are in trouble.

They'll probably keep Manny Machado out for another game, @olbriar i agree with you on Keller ... that guys sucks as a pitcher and plus he hit Manny but i was sad when they took him out but we should have gotten way more runs while he was still in.

PXL_20230520_221902919~2.jpg

I have no idea how the pitch clock is controlled, but it's suppose to cut down the game time and all it did was increase game time. The umpire warned two batters and one of the pitchers twice about going down to -0- on the pitch clock.

Something else I hate is the game was tied after nine inning, so to start the 10th inning they put a runner on 2nd base. The Assault on Extra Innings

The pitch clock was added due to a few peeps complaining about the game being too long for them and it's always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

Here's an excellent Baseball Purist Blog: Baseball Purist

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom