• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2024

The Royals managed to win game two against the Orioles and a chance to face the Yanks in the ALDS. The Tigers also won their wildcard series against the Astros and will see the Guardians in the ALDS.

The Padres are up 5-2 after five innings in game two against the Braves.
And.... the Padres won 5-4 and will see the Dodgers in the NLDS

Last edited:
The Guardians swamped the Tigers in game one. The Royals and Yanks game was more entertaining than I figured. We lost naturally but it was back and forth the entire game. The Mets took care of the Phillies and the Padres are up on the Dodgers 5-3 in the middle of the 4th.

They played a good game. Winning game one doesn't win a series but it definitely puts the pressure to win on the other team.
i think the chances are when winning game 1 in a best of 5 series is 75% ir something like that......so the odds are better if you win game 1. and thank God my Boys in Blue did. it is going to be a heavy weight fight this whole series. gonna be fun to watch. i'm gonna have to wear my Dodgers game jersey again. i have not washed it since they won the previous 3 game series with the Padres a few weeks ago. i probably will not wash it during playoffs!!!

The Phillies beat the Mets today to even their series at one win each. The Padres are leading the Dodgers 3-1 in the middle of the third.

They got their bats out and put up 10 runs to the Dodgers 2. Both NLDS games are tied.

Last edited:
@olbriar , your boys seemed to have stepped up their game.
I don't see them taking the Yanks. Their pitching is weak and for the most part their sticks are quiet. They have speed and play a decent D. To win their ALDS they need the sticks that got them in post season to step it up and not disappear... Should I mention Bobby Witt Jr's zero hits so far??? I personally don't think they stand a chance to move on... but I'll be rooting.

The Mets won their series against the Phillies and will face either the Padres or the Dodgers that are now tied at 2-2. The Tigers and the Yankees lead their series and could eliminate the Guardians and the Royals in today's game four in the ALDS games.

The Guardians won game four against the the Tigers forcing a game five in Cleveland. The Yanks seem to be in control of game four In KC. Leading the series 2-1, a Yankees win will end the Royals season. After 7 it's 3-1 Yanks.

The Yanks beat the Royals in game four and move on to face either the Guardians or Tigers in the ALCS. I didn't at all expect my boys to stack up against the Yankees. I don't thing the Royals fans in the stands were expecting a win. I don't think the team had aspirations of a victory either. But hey, they did well to earn a chance to play in the series. Considering the Royals were the joke of MLB last year.. I'm happy with this season.

Back
Top Bottom